The Transfer Window

Comments

• I've seen a couple of articles (West Ham Zone, The Mirror) suggesting that we will be going back in for En-Nesyri after the Aguerd signing is finished, and using that fact that his mate is here as a selling point.
  • alderz said:

I've seen a couple of articles (West Ham Zone, The Mirror) suggesting that we will be going back in for En-Nesyri after the Aguerd signing is finished, and using that fact that his mate is here as a selling point.

We've been after this guy for a long while

Hes a good player but one who's just had a shocking season.....also thought he looked terrible agaisnt us, don't think he has the physicality for the Prem

But then again we've been after him for a long while, his poor season means his value has dropped from £40mil to £25mil

I'd prefer we go for someone else, to me it seems like he has had one breakout season in 20/21 then has been very average since
  • ExWHU has said we should remain calm, but Aguerd has arrived at Rush Green

So providing nothing nefarious comes up on the medical this could be a done deal
  • nefarious
    /nɪˈfɛːrɪəs/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    (typically of an action or activity) wicked or criminal.
    "the nefarious activities of the organized-crime syndicates"

Learning is fun 😜
  • edited June 2022
    Was that Harry Redknapp in a Newcastle shirt driving the cab =)
  • edited June 2022
    Isn't Nefarious the Greek left back we have been looking at. =)
  • alderz said:

I've seen a couple of articles (West Ham Zone, The Mirror) suggesting that we will be going back in for En-Nesyri after the Aguerd signing is finished, and using that fact that his mate is here as a selling point.

We've been after this guy for a long while

Hes a good player but one who's just had a shocking season.....also thought he looked terrible agaisnt us, don't think he has the physicality for the Prem

But then again we've been after him for a long while, his poor season means his value has dropped from £40mil to £25mil

I'd prefer we go for someone else, to me it seems like he has had one breakout season in 20/21 then has been very average since
    Very good in the air, this lad. Seems to have been a Moyes target for a while and I think he's a decent player, but his gamesmanship cheating would be an issue for me. Maybe it's something that as been coached into him that Moyes could reverse.

Plays primarily as a CF, but has also played on the wings so could have the versatility we're looking for upfront. Could play left of Antonio in a three, or as the central No9 if Antonio is not at it.

Wouldn't say no to him, TBH.
  • OCS, I have the same concerns about the way Broja plays.
  • Nefarious..... is he a Greek striker?
  • Ex records were very interested in Watford duo Sarr and Dennis and may make some moves soon, from his post sounds like Sarr is the preferred option but I may just be reading into it too much
  • Ex records were very interested in Watford duo Sarr and Dennis and may make some moves soon, from his post sounds like Sarr is the preferred option but I may just be reading into it too much

I wonder if the interest in Sarr and Dennis is because they're players that Moyes specifically wants, or because they play for a relegated team. Are we looking at them because they offer good value for money, rather than what they actually offer the team?

We'll obviously never know, but it would have been interesting to see whether we would've been so keen had Watford stayed up.
  • There is usually a process where a promoted team buys one of the best players from one of the sides that has just missed out, a few transfers have happened like this from the National League. Are Dennis & Sarr that good as the were part of a Watford team that got relegated, are there better options out there?
  • I'd be more interested in Sarr. I think he has a lot of good qualities and, apart from the strength, might be used similarly to Antonio. Dennis had a little run of good games but then faded and he did seem a little greedy to me sometimes when I watched him.
  • I wonder if the interest in Sarr and Dennis is because they're players that Moyes specifically wants, or because they play for a relegated team. Are we looking at them because they offer good value for money, rather than what they actually offer the team?

We'll obviously never know, but it would have been interesting to see whether we would've been so keen had Watford stayed up.

i imagine its the same as with Dawson, Moyes had a good look at him during the season, recognised his ability and concluded that he would be a good addition to the squad
  • I reckon Dawson has taken a step up since he joined us.
  • Dennis has pretty underwhelming returns throughout his career. This season was by far his most productive, and he only managed 2 goals and 1 assist in his final 17 league appearances, so it does scream 'purple patch' to me.

Sarr has been far more effective for a longer period of time, IMO. Considering he was relegated in both seasons in the PL, he has 10 goals and 8 assists in 50 PL games, and when he was in a more successful side in the championship, he got 13 goals and 10 assists in 39 games. I feel like putting him into a better side would help him take the next step up
  • alderz, I think we already have someone in the squad with second half of the season stats like Dennis.
  • Think Sarr is the better player but Dennis seems more like a Antonio depth option

Think that if we go for Sarr we would still need a CF option to come in
  • alderz, I think we already have someone in the squad with second half of the season stats like Dennis.

Which is sort of why I don't think Dennis is the answer
  • Sarr was out for a time which didn't help his stats or Watfords attack and yes, Dennis's contributions took a big dip, but I think a big part of that was that the whole team took a dip after the first third of the season. I wouldn't mind either or both. Preference for Sarr but I think he'll be comfortably more expensive and sought after by other teams
  • I would be quite happy if we just signed someone to start off with :-) Aguerd might not be announced until Monday according to one report
  • I don’t really care when it is announced. I would be surprised if we didn’t hear today, though.
  • Ex says the deal is confirmed

Will be announced on Monday but its all go
  • edited June 2022
    Ex has given it the ol' 👀🇲🇦📝⚒️ 👍business on Twitter so it looks like Aguerd is done.

Announcement on Monday, presumably to allow the media team time to make the obligatory video.
  • “I swear you'll never see anything like this ever again, so watch it, drink it in“
  • Anyone know how you pronounce this guys name?
  • Anyone know how you pronounce this guys name?

Dave

• edited June 2022
    Aguerderz I think
  • Hamstew said:

Aguerderz I think

Any relation to Aderz 😋
  • Hamstew said:

Aguerderz I think

Any relation to Aderz 😋
    You're thinking of Snakerz.
This discussion has been closed.