The Transfer Window

Comments

• A bit of gossip re Martial and Bailly as cut price ManU cast offs.

Should we be interested in Martial @ 20M?

He's still young, plays left side and central plus may just find himself in a different place/atmosphere. If it didnt work out there are plenty of players without his pedigree that cost just the same... Him on the left and Bowen on the right would be dangerous (in a good way) I think.

Bailly would be appreciably cheaper and not the worst defensive addition at all (especially if it mean we didnt get Jones)
  • edited June 2022
    As always they have an over inflated view of their worth in wages, which is why there are no takers for Martial
  • Bazshuayi said:

A bit of gossip re Martial and Bailly as cut price ManU cast offs.

Should we be interested in Martial @ 20M?

He's still young, plays left side and central plus may just find himself in a different place/atmosphere. If it didnt work out there are plenty of players without his pedigree that cost just the same... Him on the left and Bowen on the right would be dangerous (in a good way) I think.

Bailly would be appreciably cheaper and not the worst defensive addition at all (especially if it mean we didnt get Jones)

No to both

Martial peaked at 20, he made too much money too soon and regressed because of it

Bailey is right up there with the biggest sick notes in football
  • Bailly has more injuries listed on Transfermarkt than Dembele
  • Best news for me is that we seem to be lining up Longelo as a Masuaku replacement. I think it would be a big mistake to let him go.
  • Longelo, not Masuaku =)
  • Bournemouth have signed Fredericks on a free.

Good luck to the lad...except on weekends of 22/23 Oct and 22/23 Apr
  • we shouldve been all over that!
  • One for Slacker. Ben Johnson has been offered the Number 2 shirt for next season according to Ex. He is yet to decide.
  • Ex said its rubbish

We have an interest in that we watched him, but Broja is our priority but it may be a long negotiation as Chelsea have a valuation for him that's higher than what's being reported and they won't budge until lthey have some incoming

Also Areola is close, finally close to sorting personal terms which will allow us to activate his option to buy

Also Souceks contracts talks are planned for after the window and has always been the case, but we would be open to offers
  • Broja is our priority but it may be a long negotiation as Chelsea have a valuation for him that's higher than what's being reported and they won't budge until lthey have some incoming

Oh good, a protracted deal for a striker.

Wouldn't be a summer transfer window without one I guess.

I'm all for going for Broja if he's Moyes’s top choice, but I hope we do let it drag on and risk losing out on other targets.
  • I saw Aberdeen and Brighton both bought strikers today. Is it a normal feeling to be jealous every time I see someone else has bought one? It doesnt even matter the club or the quality, just that they have actually bought one
  • Ex did imply earlier in the week that we were very close to signing Broja in January, and only failed to get it done to an 'embarrassing' oversight.

If that was the case, why couldn't we have had the deal all agreed and ready for completion as soon as this window opened?
  • 'Embarrassing oversight" was probably a £15m shortfall in the bid. 🤷‍♂️
  • “ imply” and “if” are the main takes from that comment.
  • Would be nice to have both goalkeeper and striker done by our first pre-season game.
  • edited June 2022

Would be nice to have both goalkeeper and striker done by our first pre-season game.

Tbh I wouldn't be too upset if they're done by our last pre-season game; half the time we don't get our signings sorted till we've played half a dozen competitive matches in the new season.
  • Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph on Twitter

• 90 mins reporting we are favourites to sign Hull City 21yo winger Keane Lewis-Potter after bids from Brentford and Watford were rejected.
  • A wing wizard? (You knew someone would type it. Smart money was on me)
  • Jason Burt of the Daily Telegraph on Twitter

If so, please move on to the next target
  • I really hope the Lewis-Potter rumours come to fruition. He has looked excellent for Hull, and is exactly the sort of signing I like us making. I love it when we sign young players from the Championship.
  • Baz, So is his nickname likely to be Harry? =)

ASLEF, So do you think we should move onto other targets as the Broja situation looks similar to the Lingard one? IF CFC want £60 million are we going to pay that, if so, that type of money gets you a better striker IMHO.
  • I have no idea, I'm a Tube driver not a football manager

Chelsea haven't made an official announcement that's he's not available and all the journo says is that Chelsea are "in no rush" which could mean he might be available later in the window

I'm happy with whatever Moyes decides
  • alderz said:

I really hope the Lewis-Potter rumours come to fruition. He has looked excellent for Hull, and is exactly the sort of signing I like us making. I love it when we sign young players from the Championship.

Do like the look of him, but would be a little surprised if he came unless we sold Benrahma

He plays predominantly on the left so would be up agaisnt Fornals/Bennie for that position

But I'm all for it
  • alderz said:

I really hope the Lewis-Potter rumours come to fruition. He has looked excellent for Hull, and is exactly the sort of signing I like us making. I love it when we sign young players from the Championship.

Do like the look of him, but would be a little surprised if he came unless we sold Benrahma

He plays predominantly on the left so would be up agaisnt Fornals/Bennie for that position

But I'm all for it
    I think Fornals will become a central midfielder long term. Particularly with our lack of depth there, I reckon he’ll become an option in the middle. And personally I think Benrahma is more effective as a 10. A 4-2-3-1 system with Bowen and KLP either side of Fornals or Benrahma feels likely to me.
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

But I'm all for it
    I think Fornals will become a central midfielder long term. Particularly with our lack of depth there, I reckon he’ll become an option in the middle. And personally I think Benrahma is more effective as a 10. A 4-2-3-1 system with Bowen and KLP either side of Fornals or Benrahma feels likely to me.
    This is said a lot but he's been here 3 years now and he's not played CM once (I think) under Moyes and maybe twice under Pellegrini?

Think he'll continue to play off the left or as a #10 predominantly as he has since he joined, not as a traditional CM
  • He's had to babysit Cresswell most of his time here.
This discussion has been closed.