The Transfer Window

Comments

• Lukerz said:

And supposedly at £5m more than City are paying.

I don't believe any of those bids happened in January, at least not with any genuine commitment.

Tbf January is a completely different type of market, prices are always inflated

If they sold Raphinha and/or Phillips they likely would've been relegated and missout on £100mil from the TV money....that's why they rejected £5mil more
    It isn't so much about Leeds not selling in January, but about us seemingly not being in for Phillips now.

If Leeds have accepted £45m from City, then surely a £50m bid from us would have been accepted too?

I know there are many other factors to consider; how payments are made, selling to a rival etc., but if Phillips was considered a primary target that we were prepared to commit £50m to six months ago, then I would have thought we'd be interested now.

If, of course, the interest/bid in January was genuine.
    I think it’s as simple as we tested the waters in January, for two of Leeds’ key players. Leeds wouldn’t sell then for obvious reasons. 6 months on & bigger clubs than us are now interested when they weren’t that fussed in January.
    I think it’s about time we stopped testing the waters and went for a swim!
  • ExWHU update

Pretty much everything agreed for Areola, seems terms and fee have been agreed. But he's on holiday at the moment so feeling is he'll be signed next week barring any last minute change

He said that he has heard that Ogbonna and Fabianski have got deals signed until 2023

Chelsea playing hard ball over Broja, he's our priority target but Chelsea want to get in targets first and their valuation atm is much higher than ours

Young Northern Irish player Patrick Kelly should sign before the end of the month
  • WHU, So in other words nothing new to report. 😬
  • Chelsea playing hard ball over Broja, he's our priority target but Chelsea want to get in targets first and their valuation atm is much higher than ours

That fits with what the bloke at the Telegraph tweeted (They are in no rush to sell).

So if we want Broja - and it appears we do - we're going to have to wait until Chelsea have brought in a replacement for Lukaku
  • edited June 2022
    Rumours are CFC want Sterling & are considering offering Werner to Juventus to try to get de Ligt? So possibly two strikers out and one in which won't speed up any deal for Broja. Can anyone see us waiting on a deal for him & then not achieving one meaning we have another fruitless window on the striker front?
  • It's possible, but I would expect those in charge of these things at the club are mindful of this and have other avenues that can go down. That is what makes transfer windows so difficult, if only the club could go to the local striker supermarket and collect one off the shelf.
  • Rumours are CFC want Sterling & are considering offering Werner to Juventus to try to get de Ligt? So possibly two strikers out and one in which won't speed up any deal for Broja. Can anyone see us waiting on a deal for him & then not achieving one meaning we have another fruitless window on the striker front?

I don't care

I feel that Moyes has a long term plan and he's only going to sign players that fit into that plan. He's looking 3-4 years ahead while most of us are only looking as far as next season

We've had two top half finishes for the first time since 2007-08 (10th) 2008-09 (9th) and we're likely to have a third top half finish since 2000 (9th, 5th and 8th)

While we are doing this well I am happy to trust in the Moyesiah's transfer decisions
  • ASLEF, So you will be happy IF we go into another season with Antonio as our only “striker”?
  • edited June 2022
    Awaits response :) (and reaction(s) if the answer is 'yes')
  • Rumours are CFC want Sterling & are considering offering Werner to Juventus to try to get de Ligt? So possibly two strikers out and one in which won't speed up any deal for Broja. Can anyone see us waiting on a deal for him & then not achieving one meaning we have another fruitless window on the striker front?

I don't care

I feel that Moyes has a long term plan and he's only going to sign players that fit into that plan. He's looking 3-4 years ahead while most of us are only looking as far as next season

We've had two top half finishes for the first time since 2007-08 (10th) 2008-09 (9th) and we're likely to have a third top half finish since 2000 (9th, 5th and 8th)

While we are doing this well I am happy to trust in the Moyesiah's transfer decisions
    Next season? I think some are looking to next week mate.

• The old knicker twisting is starting to kick in early this year innit?
  • I trust Moyes has a plan But my flabber would never have been so Gasted if we Dont get a striker option.
  • Slacker, It never stopped. 😉
  • edited June 2022

• Daily mail.
  • It's odd, well not really, that Aguerd is our marquee signing, Broja is our main signing and now Lingard is our key signing. 🤔
  • edited June 2022
    They have been regurgitating the same tripe for about a month now. It aint happening hahaha
    Lukerz said:

• Lukerz said:

That headline’s giving me a headache
  • This Lingard thing is getting old ,kind of fed up with it sign or dont sign dont really care ,However my dog seems to like him either that or he liked me jumping up and down when he scored for us =)
  • edited June 2022
    Steve, your dog scored for us? ( desperately trying to think of Hammers dog names)
  • ASLEF, So you will be happy IF we go into another season with Antonio as our only “striker”?

I wouldn't be happy but I'd rather we went into another season with Antonio as our only "striker" than sign another Hugill or another Haller.
  • ASLEF, Don't start me off yet again about Haller!!! :p
  • I see the Lingard saga has resurfaced. Both the Mail and Sky saying we're negotiating a deal again (did we ever stop?).

The past week's rumours* would have us lining up something like:

Areola
    Johnson Zouma Aguerd Pellegrini
    Rice Soucek
    Bowen Lingard Lewis-Potter
    Antonio

*£10m bid for Luca Pellegrini of Juventus. "Front runners" for KLP. Lingard offered a deal. Broja being priced out of a move.
  • C&H saying no new offer made for Lingard. Rather we went for another striker than wait around hoping on signing Borja, but that’s just me.
  • edited June 2022
    Areola being reported as complete & announcement tomorrow.
  • Sky announced he has signed
  • 5 year deal, £11m fee, to be signed in next 24 hours.
  • So is Areola going to be our #1with Fab playing the cup games
This discussion has been closed.