Films and TV

Comments

• I watched the first episode last night. It feels a bit like a CBBC programme from the early 2000s so far and Tom Sturridge reminds me of a brooding Jack Whitehall. But Aslef, you’ve convinced me to stick with it
  • It takes awhile to get going I think episode 6 was the best one
  • Saw a hilarious programme this evening Saturday 13th on Sky sports about 5:30pm. It showed Man UTDs defence against Brentford (I think it must have starred the Keystone cops). One of the funniest comedies I've seen in yonks! :)
  • My three films this month , First up is “Uncharted”, Which I would describe as Spiderman meets Indiana Jones , Mark Whalberg and Tom Holland fast flowing film very exciting best watched with surround sound, score 8 out of 10.

next offering is Moonfall, A space odyssey much like Armageddon which works well and contains a few twists , in the film what's interesting but not quite on edge of the seat stuff I would give it seven out of 10. Available on Prime now.

Third selection, going back to the !980s, Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon, and Ilona GRubel star in this gripping cold war thriller, “TARGET”. If you like spies, this is for you. Available free on Youtube, good quality picture.

Tip; I have noticed the later you watch films, mini series etc, the less ads there are! On Youtube

• Mate I watched “Moonfall” last week and thought it was so bad that it was funny. One those films that starts off bad and goes downhill.
    Hey ho, different strokes- different folks etc.
  • Has anyone seen Dead Mans Shoes? The ultimate revenge film.
  • just finished sandman, so good and a brilliant take on death
  • edited August 2022
    Just watched the detective mini series “Stay Close” really good, we normally try and keep the binge watching to two episodes at any one sitting, we just had to find out what happened and watched the final four on the bounce.
  • Just watched House of the Dragon. Looks good so far.
  • Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis”.
    Absolutely fantastic.
    It’s not your normal musical biopic, if you know Luhrmann’s work you wouldn’t expect it to be, but an insight into Elvis”s life given the full Luhrmann treatment.
    Highly, highly recommended.
  • Slacker said:

Baz Luhrmann’s “Elvis”.
    Absolutely fantastic.
    It’s not your normal musical biopic, if you know Luhrmann’s work you wouldn’t expect it to be, but an insight into Elvis”s life given the full Luhrmann treatment.
    Highly, highly recommended.

Big agree from me. I wasn’t expecting to love it, but I did.
  • new sandman episode, weird but ultimately good.
  • Slight tangent, but I just went to see the Blues Brothers, as in Dan Ackroyd and James Belushi do a 90 min set inside Joliet Prison, they were headlining a blues weekend

Unique venue and the supporting acts were all top draw Blues musicians, the standard of musicianship we saw was truly outstanding
  • new sandman episode, weird but ultimately good.

It's back already?
  • edited September 2022

new sandman episode, weird but ultimately good.

It's back already?
    It was an additional special episode 2 stories that fill out a bit of background first one all cat related (you need to watch it) the 2nd about a new character that knows Morpheus
  • Does anyone on here watch Ted Lasso? West Ham are heavily featured in series 3.
  • Not watched but saw this on the beeb

Powell on his Ted Lasso role

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64966483

Been too busy with ‘unforgotten’ 🕵️‍♂️
  • Mandalorian excellent, season 3 just started.great soundtrack. Waiting for season 2 Andor, good sci fi nonesense...1883 not bad, bur 1923 very good, shame we got to wait months for season 2.....disappointing Marlowe with the usually cool Liam Neesam.....Picard is good but too much round the table stuff...too much moralising in some shows, likke Seal Team......Carnival Row, is quaint on AP, stars Olando Bloom...watch out for Rabbit Hole coming on 27th March, Keifer Sutherland reprsising his 24 role seemingly..
  • Hamstew said:

Does anyone on here watch Ted Lasso? West Ham are heavily featured in series 3.

I’ve only watched S1, but I’m meaning to watch 2&3.

Currently we’re watching Mandalorian and Daisy Jones & The Six, which are both EXCELLENT.
  • 1883, 1923 and Yellowstone in that order, excellent.
    Honourable mention for Bad Sisters.
  • Ooh an Mr Inbetween is pretty tasty as well.
  • edited March 2023
    Slacker said:

1883, 1923 and Yellowstone in that order, excellent.
    Honourable mention for Bad Sisters.

I assume you mean in order of best to worst rather than the order to watch? I've just finished Yellowstone and am now on 1883. Didn't even know there was a 1923.
  • No, in historical order Ham. It tells the story of how the Duttons came to settle in Montana through to Yellowstone as it is today.
  • edited March 2023
    Right ok yeah I knew about 2 of them. Like I say I've watched Yellowstone but I believe that was made before the others? I may be wrong.
  • Its what I call the STAR WARS phenominum - going backwards to explain how we got to Yellowstone...same tactic with Lotr and GoT!
  • Hamstew said:

Right ok yeah I knew about 2 of them. Like I say I've watched Yellowstone but I believe that was made before the others? I may be wrong.

You might well be right Ham.
    I just watched it backwards I think!

• edited March 2023
    Regardless what I've seen is decent anyway 👍
  • They stopped making them a few years ago, but I just discovered the Mike Tyson mysteries. Mike Tyson is a cartoon super hero. They’re really stupid, but entertaining if you’re in the mood.
  • edited March 2023
    Saw "Everything Everywhere All At Once" yesterday morning at the Everyman Kings Cross

I thoroughly enjoyed it but it is rather odd
This discussion has been closed.