Films and TV

Comments

• We finished Vikings Valhalla yesterday, and I thought it was awesome.

I assume everyone is already watching Killing Eve, but if for some reason you aren’t then you should.

And on films, The Batman is really good, way better than I thought it would be. I’m going to see The Worst Person In The World tonight, which I think is Norwegian. We have a membership at the cinema so we see a lot of films these days and I love it
  • I watched the the first 2 series of Killing Eve but I got fed up after 2 episodes of the 3rd.
  • New series of Last Kingdom is now on Netflix if you need a Viking type fix
  • alderz said:

We finished Vikings Valhalla yesterday, and I thought it was awesome.

I assume everyone is already watching Killing Eve, but if for some reason you aren’t then you should.

And on films, The Batman is really good, way better than I thought it would be. I’m going to see The Worst Person In The World tonight, which I think is Norwegian. We have a membership at the cinema so we see a lot of films these days and I love it

I think Killing Eve has been awful since the first series. Haven't watched the latest series yet.
  • New series of Last Kingdom is now on Netflix if you need a Viking type fix

Yep I like the last kingdom. Looking forward to seeing the last season.
    I never could get into killing eve personally. (That sounded a bit dark)
  • alderz said:

I think Killing Eve has been awful since the first series. Haven't watched the latest series yet.
    I disagree a lot, but also it's all about the onions
  • alderz said:

alderz said:

I disagree a lot, but also it's all about the onions
    Definitely not watching it if it's now about onions. I thought it was about an assassin.
  • I was looking for a pun re onions and assassins so typed in 'onion assassin links'.

1st link - Here are active onion sites which are offering hitman services on the deep web. Every website is mentioned with onion link, name, and description.

2nd link - Dark web and deep web links will consist of URLs ending with .onion. ... Starting from leaked documents to hiring an assassin, you can find every possible ...

and so on....

😳
  • I wonder if the accept onions as payment. 🤔
  • Ok. I was feeling that Valhalla wasn’t anywhere near the early seasons of Vikings (though very watchable) but it ends very well.
  • “Pieces of Her” on Netflix is pretty good. It’s no Breaking Bad but worth a watch and it has the excellent Toni Collette in the lead role.
  • A couple of lighter shows that I've enjoyed recently.

The Curse on Channel 4 was a lot of fun, a crime comedy set in 80s East London, starring Tom Davies and all the guys from People Just do Nothing. Toast of Tinseltown is a new series of Toast of London, starring Matt Berry, it's properly weird, but I love it. And this week I've been watching Queer Eye on Netflix, which is basically just the most heartwarming programme, and feels like a big hug.
  • alderz said:

A couple of lighter shows that I've enjoyed recently.

The Curse on Channel 4 was a lot of fun, a crime comedy set in 80s East London, starring Tom Davies and all the guys from People Just do Nothing. Toast of Tinseltown is a new series of Toast of London, starring Matt Berry, it's properly weird, but I love it. And this week I've been watching Queer Eye on Netflix, which is basically just the most heartwarming programme, and feels like a big hug.

Yeah need to watch that. People just do nothing is incredible!
  • I think Steven Toast is just about my favourite comedy character of the last few years.
    Matt Berry is one talented bloke.
  • Slacker said:

“Pieces of Her” on Netflix is pretty good. It’s no Breaking Bad but worth a watch and it has the excellent Toni Collette in the lead role.

I just scrolled over this and thought it said Tony Cottee and had to go back
  • I did the same but thought it was too stupid to admit it
  • I did the same but thought it was too stupid to admit it

Throwing me under the bus, I see.
  • Holding, based on the book by Graham Norton is supposed to be very good. Directed by Kathy Burke and has a great cast. It's on ITV, I think.
  • Half way through watching Bad Vegan on Netflix. How gullible are some people?
  • Half way through watching Bad Vegan on Netflix. How gullible are some people?

Finished it last night. You’re right mate there are some proper mugs out there.
    Now, how do I make my dog immortal?
  • It seems some people's minds turn to mush when they fall in love.
  • Muhammad Ali.
    I must admit I thought I knew all I needed to know about one of my heroes but this series tells much more and does it brilliantly.
    It’s a warts and all doc. and shows the human weakness of the greatest icon of the 20th century.
    Highly, highly recommended.

BBC I player.
  • The terminology "Legend or Great" gets used too often and too cheaply at times. But that man truely was.
  • As someone who watches much tv due to being unable to carry out other tasks...I make the following observations...most programs and films are diatribe. We appear to have no writers capable of writing a decent and plausible finale. Yes we are now hampered by the petty minded, who expunge all that they dislike. Poor endings recently GOTh, very disappointing, Black Sails, The Vikings (6 seasons), last one not up to scratch. Its like there is rush to get the next one out. There has been some quality stuff, Goliath, Reacher, Treadstone, Knightfall, The Last Kingdom, ...great films, very few these days, too emphasis on special effects and poor tales..but some of my favourites, No Country for old men", Die Hard, Hurricane, The Tomorrow war, ..............but there is something for everyone almost, trashy reality tv and soaps should scrapped, our people not only need to be entertained but have their greymatter exercised. greats like Charles Laughton, Sidney Greenstreet, David Niven, Trevor Howard, Kenneth Moore, all spoke well....
  • Last Kingdom actually had a decent ending to a long running series. The last few "final seasons" of a number of shows recently has been rushed and overall poor its like the companies know its the last season so don't budget for it at all.
  • Game of thrones they rushed because the writers didn't want to do it anymore. What they should have done was getting in other writers to finish it properly.
  • Its a shame as I wont be adding GOTh to my collection. I have noticed an increasing number of promising series suddenly dive into the abyss that is absurdness to the point of insanity.....Lost in Space season 3 is one example...also annoying is what I call the campfire moments, moralising over whether to kill a zombie!!! I am very critical, but I can forgive a wristwatch in a western or plane overhead, but a winchester at Gettysburg, did not happen..at the end of the day I am looking to be entertained not depressed.
  • I was pretty happy with Peaky Blinders. Though not sure about this news of a movie. Seems like a challenge to successfully take the series into a movie that rounds it all off, though I am also kind of pleased that there’s more coming from them
  • I heartily recommend Everything, Everywhere, All At Once. It’s really good
This discussion has been closed.