Films and TV

123457»

Comments

• Three excellent drams I have binged on; LOVEJOY, filmed around here i rest my hat. They dont write them like tahis anymore. on UKTV, only downside is mandatory adverts> They bizzarely did not have series 4 so had to switch to skygo,least no ads there

Next BBC`s second series of World on Fire (nothing to do with wildfires) tells the horror of ww2 through a mixture of nationalities. Good stuff, the end episode led one to believe series 3 is beckoning.

3rd on the list...JAck RYAN ably played by John Krasinski. sadly last ever series..I suppposed wehave finished wiping out terrorists

Footnote...as cricket delayed by rain watched the charming "Miss Willougby and he haunted book shop". Fast moving tale o mysterious goings on or not, it was the great soundtrack (not yet found on y outube - just the trailer which gives you a taste.
  • Recently finished Better call Saul ( again) and am half way through Breaking Bad ( again).
    Sometimes I’m glad I’m old ‘cause it feels like I’m watching them for the first time and they are both wonderful.
    Best things on telly since the Sopranos in mvho.
  • I thought Boardwalk Empire was equally as good as the Sopranos. I liked both but preferred Boardwalk Empire.
  • Yeah, that was excellent Preston.
  • Yeah I need to watch Better call Saul. Think I saw a few of them a long while back but can't remember them so will start again. Love breaking bad.
  • Went to see Oppenheimer yesterday. Absolutely riveting story of the behind the scenes politics, scientific rivalries and witch hunts surrounding the Manhattan Project. Cillian Murphy is excellent. Highly recommended.
  • We recently watched Crowded Room on Apple TV, which was fantastic, if not very unpleasant. Tom Holland as the main character, was brilliant.

I would also very strongly recommend The Bear to anyone with Disney+. I think it might be the best programme I've watched in a long while.

I will get round to Oppenheimer as soon as there are any available tickets at the cinema, but if you haven't seen Barbie yet it was fantastic.
  • I'm off to see TMNT on Friday. Can't wait. No it's me that wants to go not my kids.
  • Hamstew said:

I'm off to see TMNT on Friday. Can't wait. No it's me that wants to go not my kids.

I have a day off work on Friday and was thinking of going to the cinema, and now I guess I'm seeing TMNT.
  • What's TMNT?
  • I must be getting old hahaha
  • What's TMNT?

Very funny
  • Raph is my man
  • Hamstew said:

Raph is my man

In news that will shock no-one, I am very much Donatello.
  • That's Raphael. He's the red one. He's the cool but rude one.
  • I saw Barbie. ( Under duress).

Was ok. Bits were quite funny.
  • I don’t comment much on here and I like to respect different opinions with transfer policy and the Manager etc but I need to speak up about this! Clearly Michelangelo is by far the best turtle, goes without saying.
  • MrsGrey said:

I saw Barbie. ( Under duress).

Was “Barbieimer” a thing outside the US? Barbie and Oppenheimer were released together and in many places were shown together back to back as a package.

I thought it strange as they are such different offerings that I would expect them to attract very different audiences, but the marketeers took over and watching them together swiftly became the thing to do.

Not a big deal but I nonetheless thought it slightly weird

• All about compromise I expect
  • Currently watching night agent - decent
  • MrsGrey said:

I saw Barbie. ( Under duress).

Was “Barbieimer” a thing outside the US? Barbie and Oppenheimer were released together and in many places were shown together back to back as a package.

I thought it strange as they are such different offerings that I would expect them to attract very different audiences, but the marketeers took over and watching them together swiftly became the thing to do.

Not a big deal but I nonetheless thought it slightly weird

It was same here (UK).
  • I’m looking forward to season 3 of only murders in the building. It’s entertaining but you don’t have to think too much. Steve Martin, martin short and Selena Gomez! Odd combo but it works.
  • Witcher season 3 - didnt handle Cavill leaving the series that well.
    Jack Ryan season 4 - final season was great John Krasinski is a brilliant actor
    Atom Eve - one off special for Invincible (second season comes out end of the year) was a good spin off episode.
    Good Omens season 2 - was still decent, story line was a bit meh certainly one of those series where the actors carry the hell out of the program David Tennant and Michael Sheen brilliant.

Looking forward to Jack Reacher season 2, love Alan Ritchsons portrayal of Reacher, better than anyone else who has attempted it. First series was a banger.
  • I wasn’t expecting much but Wolf on BBC iPlayer was actually quite good!
  • Has "Babylon Berlin" been mentioned, "absolutely intoxicating" according to reviews, to which I agree.
  • Hijack with Idris Elba on Apple TV was very good indeed!!
  • So, this has been going for some 18 months.

With hundreds of posts.

I'll close it and open a new one.

I'll also include a link to here, so people can check back for slightly older recommendations.
This discussion has been closed.