Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• But who said we were interested in them?
  • IronHerb said:

But if that striker exists then why wouldn't he have been snapped up by another team who do have the infrastructure?

Maybe he has. Maybe it's someone we've missed the boat with. Someone like Patson Daka, for example.

But that's my point. We sold Haller in January. Eight months ago. If we had the infrastructure required to identify a suitable replacement, then surely he'd be in by now. Ideally, the replacement should have been lined up, or at least identified, before Haller was sold.
  • Looking forward to see who we move onto next! 😬
  • That report states the failure is due to disagreement about agents commission. In my view FIFA should ban clubs paying agents any fees. The agent works on behalf of the player so the player should meet their fee. If as is reported we have found agreement with the selling club and the player the agent should not be able to hold the buying club to ransom. However if the player really wanted the move he would of course step in.
  • That report states the failure is due to disagreement about agents commission. In my view FIFA should ban clubs paying agents any fees. The agent works on behalf of the player so the player should meet their fee. If as is reported we have found agreement with the selling club and the player the agent should not be able to hold the buying club to ransom. However if the player really wanted the move he would of course step in.

Surely if the player has to pay his agent out of his salary then he’ll simply demand higher wages?So you’re back to square one.

• Phil Jones / Gary Cahill to rock up you know it.
  • I trust Moyes to pick the right players as he has chosen some gems.
    But no striker by the end of the window would be ridiculous.
  • Ex update

- stalemate with Milenkovic, club and player agreed, agent fees holding it up. In his words, the agents fees are "high (too high)". - Interested in Zouma but after playing last night looks unlikely
    - he's heard we still have £45mil left, striker and CB are priorities
    - Few clubs have now officially been knocked out of the Champions league so more likely to sell, including Slavia Prague. Could try for David Zima (CB) and Abdallah Sima (AT) who are both 20, Sima we've been linked with in the past
    - number of CB alternative targets
    - Coventry to stay unless we can sign a new CM, club rate him but know he needs to play consistently as we do see him as a 1st teamer long term
    - Hes going to confirm but Lingard is apprantly going to be made available. Nothing concrete yet.

Not sure if that's good news or not

I hate agents, and I think they are toxic to the game so I'm glad we aren't bowing down.....but man....I'd be HUGELY disappointed to miss out on Milenkovic because of it
  • Seems to be we have moved on from Milenkovic after agreeing a deal with the club & player, due to being unable to reach an agreement with the agents involved on their commissions. New CB targets being moved on to.

We have had a €20m bid rejected for Aguerd. So we are moving onto other targets but only good if you can afford them.
  • Lukerz said:

Seems to be we have moved on from Milenkovic after agreeing a deal with the club & player, due to being unable to reach an agreement with the agents involved on their commissions. New CB targets being moved on to.

We have had a €20m bid rejected for Aguerd. So we are moving onto other targets but only good if you can afford them.

So the rumoured Milenkovic deal would be £17m (£14m to Fiorentina and £3m to the agent) which we're not willing to do, but have bid £17m for Aguard 🤔

Can a player not bend his agent's ear, if he really wants to move?

• I'm pretty solutions orientated, so the inability of club and agents to reach a compromise (on the premise that Milenkovic would actually improve us) seems mentally tough to get my head around currently
  • What we don't know is how much compromise has already gone on...
  • Lukerz said:

Seems to be we have moved on from Milenkovic after agreeing a deal with the club & player, due to being unable to reach an agreement with the agents involved on their commissions. New CB targets being moved on to.

So the rumoured Milenkovic deal would be £17m (£14m to Fiorentina and £3m to the agent) which we're not willing to do, but have bid £17m for Aguard 🤔
    £3m to an agent is an additional 21% on top of the £14m fee. That's insane. Agents are such a disgusting drain on the sport.
  • Parasites
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

£3m to an agent is an additional 21% on top of the £14m fee. That's insane. Agents are such a disgusting drain on the sport.
    I don't disagree, but £17m is £17m. If we're prepared to pay £17m for Aguerd, then surely we're prepared to pay it for someone that's higher up the list, irrespective of where the money goes?
  • Might not want to set a precedent that we will cough 3m to agents on deals
  • Might not want to set a precedent that we will cough 3m to agents on deals

True, but then offer Fiorentina more money and the agent takes his cut that way. Hide the fact the agent is getting so much.

I don't know, just so frustrating seeing things dragged out for so long.
  • Fiorentina would be under no obligation to hand over the cash to the agent? The agent works for the player...
  • MrsGrey said:

Fiorentina would be under no obligation to hand over the cash to the agent? The agent works for the player...

The agent works for the playe' so they should pay any fees, and negotiate it into their contracts.
  • Reports in Italy now suggesting the player is due to fly to London for a medical after a breakthrough in negotiations. 🤔

Are we back to the verge?
  • MrsGrey said:

Fiorentina would be under no obligation to hand over the cash to the agent? The agent works for the player...

Yes, it would obviously rely on Fiorentina agreeing to do that, but if it's that or lose him for nothing next summer, they may be more inclined to agree to it.
  • edited August 2021
    Fiorentina & the player want the sale. Unless we are just having a laugh & leading them on I expect the deal will be done. It’s a waiting game for the agents to buckle on their demands.
  • I imagine the player can look elsewhere for an agent if they put their own interest above their client, agents have gone a long way to ruining the game, even though the players have massively benefited, still angry at Arsenal.
  • Agents are necessary because players contracts have become so complex, its highly unlikely a player would be able to understand exactly what they were signing without someone to check the fine print.

The classic tale is Bilic signing with us thinking his contract included a minimum release clause only to discover that we were not required to accept the offer if the minimum fee was met. Bilic had a law degree
  • I don't understand why the PFA or their like cannot have a pro forma contract with gaps left to be filled in for length of contract, option, basic wages, appearance bonus, goal bonus, league position bonus, personal rights, company car, sell on fee, etc.etc left blank. The player fills in the blanks and passes it to the club who in return give him a copy with their valuations. Once agreed you have a lawyer check it over and sign. The player could ask for the lawyers fee to be payed for by the club but it wouldn't come to millions.
    Simple really, wonder why I didn't put that forward before. 😇
  • IronHerb said:

I don't understand why the PFA or their like cannot have a pro forma contract with gaps left to be filled in for length of contract, option, basic wages, appearance bonus, goal bonus, league position bonus, personal rights, company car, sell on fee, etc.etc left blank. The player fills in the blanks and passes it to the club who in return give him a copy with their valuations. Once agreed you have a lawyer check it over and sign. The player could ask for the lawyers fee to be payed for by the club but it wouldn't come to millions.
    Simple really, wonder why I didn't put that forward before. 😇

Cheers Herb, I've just forwarded this to Expat Junior who just so happens to be a solicitor.

2,5% OK for you =)
  • Oh how I long for days of the player arriving in 7 to 10 days.
This discussion has been closed.