Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Do you really think that signing a player from Blackburn would send particularly strong positive signals to 'et al' ?
  • Pengeman said:

Southampton have signed Adam Armstrong from Blackburn for about £15m, another player that we have been linked with https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58164406 .

£15 is a good deal. Why did WHU not go for that? So far we have not strengthened the squad and that can't be sending any positive signals to Rice, Soucek, Coufal et al. I am still puzzled by why lesser teams can find money but WHU can't. OK, with the loss of gate money for last season WHU have less, but that applies to all other teams too. Some teams played in Europe and got extra TV money but most EPL teams haven't, and they are still strengthening their squad.

They just sold Ings for £25mil, that's where the money came from

Same as if we bought Pereira for £25mil by funding it with Bowen for £35mil to Liverpool
  • I am pretty sure we will do business. Lingard is playing a blinder by pretending he is happy to remain at Man Utd knowing full well they have little intention of playing him, once it becomes clear he wont sign a new deal they will sell now or January for a reasonable price, rather than their inflated price. That deal was impossible to get at the right price unless you wait. He may be purchased as the striker we need as we know he can finish, or we may get the striker as well. I think we definitely need a striker as well as with Lingard and a Striker we are covered should Antonio only see out 15-20 of the 38 matches.
  • edited August 2021
    Pengeman said:

Southampton have signed Adam Armstrong from Blackburn for about £15m, another player that we have been linked with https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58164406 .

£15 is a good deal. Why did WHU not go for that? So far we have not strengthened the squad and that can't be sending any positive signals to Rice, Soucek, Coufal et al.

How do you know we didn’t? There’s always so much going on behind the scenes that we don’t get to hear about, even these days when every other Twitter poster is an “ITK”.

• Whatever happened to the tumbleweed emoji?
  • Whatever happened to the tumbleweed emoji?

We wore it out during transfer window threads
  • Did you know Tammy Abraham has a brother called Timmy?
  • Tammy is such a weird name for a male…
    I mean there are plenty of unisex names ( Daryll / Jamie etc etc ….) but Tammy…😱
  • Tammy's actually a nickname.

His given name is Kevin.
  • And Timmy's given name is Jason.
  • Full name Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham

Can see why he chose Tammy
  • And his brother is Jason Timiebi Ogheneobrucheme Bakumo-Abraham
  • And Timmy's given name is Jason.

Aah..just like me ...I'm known as Jay...but really am Jason!

But Tammy...I now know why it's Tammy....( Sorry Kevin's ) only havin a laugh.....

Thanks OCS for all the info....
  • Telegraph reporting that Leicester have agreed a deal for Vestergaard.

Presumably they made the bid in May and have been edging closer ever since.

Gives me confidence that we'll get Milenkovic in January.
  • Well my name is Jim but most people call me......Jim
  • Did you know Tammy Abraham has a brother called Timmy?

I went to watch Southend right before the pandemic and Timmy was playing against them, he’s very very fast. I wonder if they have a brother named Tommy 🤔

I’ve just seen on Instagram that apparently Man Utd are open to selling Lingard now
  • Telegraph reporting that Leicester have agreed a deal for Vestergaard.

Presumably they made the bid in May and have been edging closer ever since.

Gives me confidence that we'll get Milenkovic in January.

i bet they even get his medical done and signed before we even get another signing in if we ever do. Still no back up striker either.
  • It is a striker we need, not a back up striker. I only expect Antonio to start about 50 percent of games this season
  • I agree. We need a striker whether Antonio stays fit or not.
  • On the flip side of the Vestergaard deal, how long have Man Utd been on the verge of signing Varane without confirming it?
  • Zouma starts for Chelsea in the Super Cup tonight, playing in the middle of a back three.

Let's see how he gets on before we don’t sign him.
  • So, our beloved club West Ham is in the best League in the world finishing 6th last year, is in the top 30 richest clubs in the world, is playing in the Europa League, is located in an attractive city for many players to move to.... yet we have not got a top striker (striker) to support Antonio this season.
    It does not stack up.
  • I can’t see Lingard wanting to sign when Rice is leaving in a year
  • edited August 2021
    EXETER, I read earlier that the message being put out is the strikers we were interested in either cost too much 🤨 or weren’t quite right! We have to remember we are a small club in a big city with the likes of Arsenal (£75.6M), Brentford (£33.48M) & Crystal Palace (45.12M) outspending us. 😉
  • If the right signing is made I think we will all be understanding enough of taking our time. Let's wait and see in the coming couple of weeks. If it's not I suspect the displeasure will be heard from all directions and rightly so.
  • edited August 2021
    c&bsky, If the right signings are made I think we will all be understanding enough of taking our time. Let's wait and see in the coming couple of weeks. If it's not I suspect the displeasure will be heard from all directions and rightly so.

Hope you don't mind I corrected it for you.
  • They sold Haller in January to raise more funds for a striker. Simply no excuse to not being able to bring in a striker when they had 6 months to scout one out.
  • And therein lies the problem. There must be an affordable striker out there in world football that suits Moyes’s game, but do we have the scouting infrastructure to identify him?
  • But if that striker exists then why wouldn't he have been snapped up by another team who do have the infrastructure?
  • We all know we need a striker and surely Moyes does too. I'm a tad confused that a message has been " put out " that some of the strikers we're interested in are not quite right. Perhaps we should show interest in strikers that are!
This discussion has been closed.