Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• IronHerb said:

I don't understand why the PFA or their like cannot have a pro forma contract with gaps left to be filled in for length of contract, option, basic wages, appearance bonus, goal bonus, league position bonus, personal rights, company car, sell on fee, etc.etc left blank. The player fills in the blanks and passes it to the club who in return give him a copy with their valuations. Once agreed you have a lawyer check it over and sign. The player could ask for the lawyers fee to be payed for by the club but it wouldn't come to millions.
    Simple really, wonder why I didn't put that forward before. 😇

Cheers Herb, I've just forwarded this to Expat Junior who just so happens to be a solicitor.

2,5% OK for you =)
    Done. 💰💰💰
  • IronHerb said:

I don't understand why the PFA or their like cannot have a pro forma contract with gaps left to be filled in for length of contract, option, basic wages, appearance bonus, goal bonus, league position bonus, personal rights, company car, sell on fee, etc.etc left blank. The player fills in the blanks and passes it to the club who in return give him a copy with their valuations. Once agreed you have a lawyer check it over and sign. The player could ask for the lawyers fee to be payed for by the club but it wouldn't come to millions.

Because the lawyers working for millionaire clients will simply up their hourly rates?

Anyway, players will never go for it. They want someone who can negotiate the highest possible price by putting the word round certain clubs, leaking stories to the media, pulling strings behind the scenes, etc. The agent and the player's interests are aligned. As long as that is the case, the representative (whatever label you give them) will want to chisel out the highest fee possible.
  • Seems like nothing is going to happen until that last week. I think Moyes is pinning his hopes on Lingard and/or Abraham being available late in the window and Man U and Chelsea deciding to cash in.

And I think our budget is that small that we literally can't afford to commit any money to any other deal until these two outcomes are known, hence why Milenkovic is being strung out.
  • Oh how I long for days of the player arriving in 7 to 10 days.

That long! I can remember deals being done in a day or two, they probably took longer, it was just they weren’t in the public domain for all to monitor.

• I get why the players have agents. I have a literary agent to deal with a comparatively minuscule amount of money but as someone who just doesn't deal with contracts or negotiations of this type in my normal day, it really does help to have someone take that stress away, who knows how to deal with that world. They also look for other opportunities, which is important for players who are trying to maximise income while they're relevant.

But I also pay for the agent - no one else. I feel like this thing of agents demanding extra fees from the club is very similar to the type of interference you would get from third-party ownership. Why is the agent a barrier to who a player signs for? The player should pay.
  • My point from earlier. The player alone should pay the agent. Although of course the player can ask more to cover his costs the dynamic remains healthier. West Ham and Fiorentina should not even be speaking about who pays the players agent.
  • Lukaku to Chelsea is done. Abraham has had his No9 shirt taken from him, so it's only a matter of time before he goes.

Anyone think we still have a chance? I'm going with a confident 'no'.
  • Not with Antonio
  • I'd like to think so but imagine it's unlikely.
  • We need a striker who operates across the front 3, not just as a number 9. Antonio will play when fit, because there really is no comparative striker who offers what he does. I remember that performance he put it for 30-35 minutes against Wolves last season. Lingard got the headlines, but he was absolutely unplayable. I can’t think of another number 9 capable of that level of explosiveness, including the likes of Aguero, Lukaku, Martial, Kane etc.

A forward who can operate off of the left, right & middle, or who is seeing West Ham as a step up & happy to wait for his opportunity to replace Antonio is what we need.
  • I suspect it'll be Sima
  • Its become common practise for agents to expect fees from a transfer, I don't know when that started but complaining about it now seems like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I remember when managers (Cloughie's brown paper bags) used to expect a "bonus" for signing players.
  • Daily Star (I know) reporting that Man U are now willing to let Lingard go for £20m.
  • edited August 2021
    Moyes be like

• Doesn't mean he'll come here ( party pooper I know ) there'll be other interested parties. I hope we haven't put all our financial eggs in one basket
  • Unpopular as it may seen but do we really want him? Alright I'll get my coat, but if it comes out that we have not gone for other targets waiting for him to decide he wants to leave or be told he can, then.....Benrahma played really well on Saturday IMHO and I am trying to see how we will line up if Lingard comes back?
  • We're in Europe
    He has a good relationship with Moyes
    He'll not be sitting on the bench
    He already knows the squad and seemed well liked

Who else is going to compete with that? If he goes to Leicester he'll be on the bench there unless Arsenal come up with 100M for Maddison :)

I think if he's available and gives up hope of getting into Utds first 11 regularly then we will get him
  • Ex is saying we had a budget of 50 IMO 5 of which went on areola loan leaving 45mio for defender and striker
  • I have a literary agent to deal with a comparatively minuscule amount of money but as someone who just doesn't deal with contracts or negotiations of this type in my normal day, it really does help to have someone take that stress away, who knows how to deal with that world.

I can’t believe you have a literary agent and it isn’t me. I’m cross.
  • edited August 2021

I have a literary agent to deal with a comparatively minuscule amount of money but as someone who just doesn't deal with contracts or negotiations of this type in my normal day, it really does help to have someone take that stress away, who knows how to deal with that world.

*whispers* It's alderz
  • I have a literary agent to deal with a comparatively minuscule amount of money but as someone who just doesn't deal with contracts or negotiations of this type in my normal day, it really does help to have someone take that stress away, who knows how to deal with that world.

*whispers* It's alderz
    That’s fine. I’ve been doing Outcast’s stats for years.

*whispers* It's alderz
    alderz right now

Hold on, are you a literary agent? If I’d known…
  • Yes, I am. I’m hurt, I’m not going to lie.
  • Yes, I am. I’m hurt, I’m not going to lie.

Jorderz right now

• edited August 2021

I have a literary agent to deal with a comparatively minuscule amount of money but as someone who just doesn't deal with contracts or negotiations of this type in my normal day, it really does help to have someone take that stress away, who knows how to deal with that world.

*whispers* It's alderz
    alderz right now

Yes, I am. I’m hurt, I’m not going to lie.

Jorderz right now

So OCS, what you're saying is that Alderz and Jorderz are one and the same person? =)
  • Never seen them in the same room at the same time, so it's possible.

alderz, Jorderz, can one of you confirm you are, in fact, the same person please.
  • edited August 2021
    And it's odd how their handles end in the same 4 letters. =)
  • Are you calling me boring?
  • edited August 2021
    alderz said:

Are you calling me boring?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Kwh3R0YjuQ

At 1:59 =)
This discussion has been closed.