Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Oh let joy be unconfined, Lukaku is back in the premier league. O.o
  • edited August 2021
    HUGELYYYYYYYYYYY disappointed that we are going into our first game of the season with only an On-Loan Keeper as our only addition after losing several squad players so far.
  • Yeah, it's a risk. I suppose Moyes is thinking we have enough to see us through what should be relatively easier games with what we have, but if Antonio or one of Rice and Soucek get inured we could be in a bit of bother.
  • OCS, some say “fail to prepare prepare to fail”. We keep risking an injury to one of those 3, we obviously haven’t learnt anything from what happened towards the end of last season.
  • You can make an argument that Coventry's performances in pre-season, or Lanzini's recent cameos at CM, have made a new CM less of a priority (although personally I'd still like another option), but I'm struggling to understand how we still don't have another striker option.

We were told Moyes had £30m to spend on a striker in January but the right player wasn't available, so we'd wait for the summer.

Well, we're well into the summer and, presumably, the right man still isn't available. Will he ever be? Surely it's better to have some cover for Antonio, even if it isn't Moyes' first choice. I can't believe that in eight months we haven't found an affordable striker that's better than Yarmolenko or Odubeko.
  • Other than lingard it’s the same team that finished 6th last season
  • Balbuena too.

Speaking of Rocky his time at Dynamo Moscow has started well, 3 games, 270 minutes, 3 wins
  • Yes, but Lingard contributed 9 goals and 5 assists, so that's quite a big miss.

I'm comfortable with the what the starting XI is likely to be for the first few games; just hopeful that the squad depth and quality will be improved before the window closes, because otherwise we're going to struggle to compete in four competitions.
  • Lingard was key because of our injuries. We were in that position before he came.
  • Citeh win the league at a canter and Chelski become European champions yet both strengthen their teams. For us not to do is either foolish or nieve . SURELY additions will be made?
  • Yeah but fair play to Man Utd, at least they spent 100M on 2 players instead of just the one :)
  • I reckon we'll have picked up Origi and Jesse before the window closes

#pos thinking
  • Time are hard.
  • Bazshuayi, One of those players brings on negative thoughts but more than happy to be proved wrong. 👍
  • I dont particularly want him but we could do a lot worse for the potential cost (among other things he's versatile, experienced and still a good age). One of them being we've had those 8 months and apparently nobody else has been good enough or cheap enough
  • Bazshuayi, It appears the "cheap" enough is the overriding factor but it's the "Groundhog Day" scenario nearly every window. As is me using that comment every window! =)
  • Ex update

Milenkovic not dead but definitely not close

Apparently moyes is a bit put off that he hasn't tried harder to push this through and Moyes doesn't think he wants to be here really
  • Ex has also said we're planning to loan out Alves.

We must be confident of signing at least one centre back.

Mustn't we?

#welcomecahillandjones
  • Ex update

Apparently moyes is a bit put off that he hasn't tried harder to push this through and Moyes doesn't think he wants to be here really

And this is the sort of info we are not privy to in negotiations.

Moyes may not be convinced enough by his desire to play for us. This may also back up the apparent £60m release clause. Maybe that is why there is a hesitancy to pay additional fees to agents as the guy has not sold himself to the club. It’s a two way street, not just about us selling us to him.
  • It still riles me to think how much money we'd have if Sully had kept Moyes on after his first stint and not let MP and Husillos run loose with the cheque book.
  • Bubbles, I agree, with hindsight, it didn't work out but can we blame Sully for trying. He went for a manager who had won the premier League and backed him with money for players.
  • Bubbles, I agree, with hindsight, it didn't work out but can we blame Sully for trying. He went for a manager who had won the premier League and backed him with money for players.

Except MP was, at the time, in semi-retirement in China - that should have been warning enough for Sully.
  • Except MP was, at the time, in semi-retirement in China - that should have been warning enough for Sully.

If that's the case then Everton will have a tough season as they've just brought Rafa back from "semi-retirement" in China

Pellegrini took Real Betis to 6th and to the quarters of the Copa del Rey last season, first time they've qualified for Europe since 2018 and they'll probably be in the same Europa League pot as us. Not bad for someone in "semi-retirement"
  • Lukerz, Although I agree with you the same could be said for Jesse Lingard who hasn't actually been pushing to leave Old Trafford. Milenkovic wants to sign for Juventus, or so it has been reported, but Fiorentina don't want to sell him to them.
  • Except MP was, at the time, in semi-retirement in China - that should have been warning enough for Sully.

If that's the case then Everton will have a tough season as they've just brought Rafa back from "semi-retirement" in China

Pellegrini took Real Betis to 6th and to the quarters of the Copa del Rey last season, first time they've qualified for Europe since 2018 and they'll probably be in the same Europa League pot as us. Not bad for someone in "semi-retirement"

By "semi-retirement" I meant that he went to China purely for the money to top up his pension.
    I always thought coming to us was an ego-trip for him to see if he could still cut it in the EPL - he failed.

Rafa is a different kettle of fish.
  • By "semi-retirement" I meant that he went to China purely for the money to top up his pension.
    I always thought coming to us was an ego-trip for him to see if he could still cut it in the EPL - he failed.

Rafa is a different kettle of fish.

I suspect Rafa went to China for exactly the same reason as Pellegrini (cash)

And Pellegrini seems to be doing well in La Liga
  • Don't remember too many fans complaining when Pellegrini was appointed, although I was not convinced at the time....
    Decent manager, just not a good fit for us...
    But can't blame Sullivan for that IMO...Not that anyone is I guess..
  • Looks like our defender we were on the verge of getting is going to Spurs 🤣
  • Maybe we mislocated the verge and he fell off in north London.
  • Lukerz said:

Ex update

And this is the sort of info we are not privy to in negotiations.

Moyes may not be convinced enough by his desire to play for us. This may also back up the apparent £60m release clause. Maybe that is why there is a hesitancy to pay additional fees to agents as the guy has not sold himself to the club. It’s a two way street, not just about us selling us to him.
    Equally Milenkovic may not be impressed by the fact we won't stump the extra for his agent to complete the deal. Do we really want him or not? (All subject to all the rumours being correct)
This discussion has been closed.