Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• MrsGrey said:

Lukerz said:

Rumours on Twitter that Chelsea have made a bid for Rice & West Ham are going to make a major transfer announcement after the Newcastle game… 🤔

Lingard 🤔

Rumours originating where?
    Twitterz? 🤔
  • But that's just s broadcast medium. Who was the itk that put it out there?
  • Equaliser ruled out for offside
  • That was miles onside, surely.

Yup, goal.

Get in.
  • Oops, wrong thread...
  • Let's try push through Milenkovic, Dawson is a good 3rd or 4th choice but he's the weakest of our current starting XI
  • Hopefully Moyes already knows that. Today will only have confirmed it.
  • I don't know much about Mileknovic but agree, I was watching that game thinking the first 11 is very strong but Dawson is where we can obviously and easily improve.
  • edited August 2021
    His form dipped after Ogbonna got injured last season. He and Diop didn't have the smoothest partnership and he hasn't recovered. But also teams started treating us differently and we can't do the backs to the wall defending that suits him.
  • Yeah, not saying I'm anti-Dawson but he is probably the most limited player in what is a very good starting 11.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Dawson has struggled both games against Newcastle, who cede possession and break with pace. He will have better games.
  • So whats this announcement then ? or was it no announcement?
  • edited August 2021

So whats this announcement then ? or was it no announcement?

Sky are talking about Jack Grealish now, so no time!
  • SSN state they are going to be talking to Bruce & Moyes during the next hour?
  • Thought Ogbonna was off form today, no better than Dawson IMO.
  • Benrahma has stepped up in pre-season and this first game. We don’t need Lingard. Let’s use that money elsewhere.
  • I would be happy to have Lingard back as another option and to rotate with all of the forward players.

But if his coming back meant Benrahma spends most of this season on the bench, I'd be really annoyed.
  • https://www.claretandhugh.info/moyes-i-wont-need-anyone-if-we-keep-playing-like-that/

Oh dear, see one of GSB appears to have got to David Moyes?

He said that with a smile on his face. Calm down.
  • I would be happy to have Lingard back as another option and to rotate with all of the forward players.

But if his coming back meant Benrahma spends most of this season on the bench, I'd be really annoyed.

Let's be honest, at the moment we have 4 players, including one with glass hamstrings, covering 4 forward positions; even if Lingard comes in Benrahma will get plenty of game time.
  • edited August 2021
    Would just be nice to have choices IMO.
    At present we are an injury or 2 short of a .......up...

Let's be honest, at the moment we have 4 players, including one with glass hamstrings, covering 4 forward positions; even if Lingard comes in Benrahma will get plenty of game time.
    But it was Benrahma in particular who missed out the most when Jesse came in. For me, Said should be playing every game.

But it was Benrahma in particular who missed out the most when Jesse came in. For me, Said should be playing every game.
    Yep, if Lingard does come back he can't be guaranteed a start.

We need another option up front. Looked like Benrahma was through the middle at times today with Antonio wide left, so I think Moyes is going to play a very fluid front three. Lingard would add to Antonio, Benrahma and Bowen very nicely, and give us a chance to rest any of those three.

Still want an out-and-out striker though, because I feel like we'll sometimes need a Plan B.
  • Lingard plus striker plus CB would be good

• Still want an out-and-out striker though, because I feel like we'll sometimes need a Plan B.

For sure, even if we get Lingard we need someone else too, otherwise we are resorting to Yarmalenko as our impact sub if one of the 5 is out injured (which is a certainty at some point given Antonio's hamstrings) or suspended.
  • edited August 2021

Lingard plus striker plus CB would be good

Add a LB/LWB to the list & it would be great can't see that happening unless we get a utility defender to cover both CH & LB.
  • hopefully that result will be a positive should GSB open their chequebooks
  • I can see Sullivan saying to Moyes.. 'ya trying to tell me ya need a striker when you just scored four goals away from home'

The other thing is it must have impressed any players we are in talks with.
  • Yes, a good start will not do us any harm at all with potential additions in mind. Also, its pretty clear we are a bonded squad who try for each other
  • Loads of chat on Twitterz that we've got Lingard on a season loan.
  • Isn't it the final year of his contract? How could that work?
This discussion has been closed.