Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Speculation is mainly because of this
  • I see. Looks more like a mistake or glitch than anything else.
  • I see. Looks more like a mistake or glitch than anything else.

Probably.
  • Isn't it the final year of his contract? How could that work?

Could have extended his contract and added an option?
  • Someone was saying you can't sign a new contract and then get loaned out straight away. Is that right? Like a new regulation?
  • edited August 2021
    Same thing has happened with Batshuayi, but he's tipped to leave the league altogether.

Plus there's no logic in Man loaning him. He's in the last year of his contract so a loan's only really an option if he signs a new deal, which I doubt he will because if he doesn't get into the team this season, he probably never will.
  • Hamstew said:

Someone was saying you can't sign a new contract and then get loaned out straight away. Is that right? Like a new regulation?

Pretty sure one of the Chelsea loanees signed a new deal before he was loaned a week or so ago 🤔
  • So we're agreed what I said is 100 % happening?
  • Clubs can do what they want. A lot of players go out on loan after signing a new contract. It protects the owning clubs interests to do so.
  • Hamstew said:

Someone was saying you can't sign a new contract and then get loaned out straight away. Is that right? Like a new regulation?

Pretty sure one of the Chelsea loanees signed a new deal before he was loaned a week or so ago 🤔
    Chelsea? Loaning out players? Well I never.

• It is possible they want him as Pogba's replacement after this year so will get him to sign an extension so he ends up in the same place next year and everyone can look again.

My view however is it's not the case and he will either join us or stay and run his contract down.
  • There’s no way he’s a Pogba replacement. They’re wildly different players, IMO.
  • I agree, but It's the only thing that makes sense regard delaying the situation for another year as most feel Pogba is going to run down his contract.
  • I don’t think Man Utd are remotely interested in keeping Lingard. They’re playing it well IMO, pretending he’s part of their plans to get as much money out of us as possible.

At the same time, we also seem to be playing it fairly cool. I wonder if we’ve been quoted some silly prices and that’s why it hasn’t happened yet. It’s a game of bluff.
  • This has deadline day written all over it.
  • Maybe it's a bluff in that West Ham are pretending to want Lingard to divert attention from their real target, A.N.Other, who they'll sign on the last transfer day. =)
  • De Bruyne 🤔
  • edited August 2021
    Jacob Steinberg still says we are pursuing a deal for Kurt Zouma. Chelsea’s need to shift a CB is more desperate due to wanting to sign another.
  • Not a transfer ,but the under 23s are playing its on the OS Lanzini ,Yarmo,Johnson are playing as well as the kids
  • I would hope they are playing better than the kids. 😉
  • steve said:

Not a transfer ,but the under 23s are playing its on the OS Lanzini ,Yarmo,Johnson are playing as well as the kids

Interestingly, Ben Johnson is playing on the right of a back three. Maybe that's a Plan B in case we don't bring in a centre back.

1-0 at half time. Decent performance, and good to see Masuaku playing. Odubeko took his goal really well; it's clear that he's a brilliant finisher, but his all-round game is lacking unfortunately. Nowhere near ready to deputise for Antonio, IMO.
  • https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/16-august/maz-pacheco-departs-aston-villa

Yet another one of the Women's team has left. They now have 18 signed on when they finished last season with 25 & that doesn't include the two players they had loaned out. Most of their top players have gone and their replacements aren't at the same level IMHO. Not looking at all good for the new season.
  • Can see Lingard only wanting to stay as long as Rice is here
  • steve said:

Not a transfer ,but the under 23s are playing its on the OS Lanzini ,Yarmo,Johnson are playing as well as the kids

Interestingly, Ben Johnson is playing on the right of a back three. Maybe that's a Plan B in case we don't bring in a centre back.

1-0 at half time. Decent performance, and good to see Masuaku playing. Odubeko took his goal really well; it's clear that he's a brilliant finisher, but his all-round game is lacking unfortunately. Nowhere near ready to deputise for Antonio, IMO.
    Theres a few on here that won't allow players to play 'out of position' for the 1st team
  • Oko flex looks like he could become a player
  • edited August 2021
    They’re 4-0 up now. He’s got two.
  • Oko flex, Coventry and Chester's when he came on looked a class above.
  • Good to see Masuaku playing, when fit he is a valuable part of the first team squad, as a LWB, not LB.
This discussion has been closed.