Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Fortune just because we have identified a striker does not mean they are available, want to join, got better offers elsewhere etc , I get it’s frustrating I feel we will see movement at the end of the window when clubs and players are under more pressure to sell /move etc. I think milihonvic is playing the waiting game reports talks are reopening again next week . I would rather we got the right player as too often we have signed players on big long term contracts and end up losing tons of money . I trust Moyes has a plan and will wait to the end of the window before making judgement
  • I think Moyes has a plan, PLF, I just have no faith that Sullivan has the finances or willingness to facilitate it.
  • Milenkovic played a full 90 minutes against Serie B side Cosenza in the Copa, not the sort of thing you expect when a player is about to be trnasfered...

Abraham to Roma, Batshuayi to Besiktas according to Sky Sport

Various sources linking us with Luka Jovic (Haller's strike partner at Eintracht Frankfurt) who is surplus to requirements at Real Madrid with only 9 starts in 2 seasons. Went back to Frankfurt on loan in January.
  • If the Lingard rumours are true, he's 100% our forward signing for the summer, IMO.
    £20m on Lingard, £20m on a centre back and that'll probably be it I reckon.
  • OCS, Who do you reckon the CH for £20 million will be?
  • One of Celeta-Car, Aguerd or the young Hungarian CB we were linked with if I were a betting man.
  • OCS, Aguerd looks a good bet as he can cover for CH & LB.
  • Lingard has always made sense in that respect as he can certainly finish, more so than Antonio, yet when Antonio is fit Lingard can still play deeper. We know he gets on with everyone and enjoys himself with us so far fewer questions than if we buy a new out and out striker. I would however try and bring in a loan attacker also due to extra fixtures.
  • Lingard’s brother has replied to a comment regarding Jesse returning to West Ham with a clock ticking emoji. 🤔
  • If the Lingard rumours are true, he's 100% our forward signing for the summer, IMO.

OCS, I don’t agree that Lingard is 100% our forward option. It was suggested we would need an Antonio doppelganger, or at least a Haller replacement. IMO Lingard fills neither of these. Are we back to playing people out of position?

• I still have a feeling there'll be other interested parties and he's not a shoe in
  • Ex confirming that Lingard is a possibility as he hasn't been given assurances

Think if we can get him for around £15mil/£20mil I'd be happy

Agree that he is likely going to be our 'striker' signing as he plays anywhere across the front line

Do want Benrahma to start a lpy bit worried he won't if we get Jesse, but there will be plenty of games to play

Now let's get it done and get a CB
  • RE. CB targets, I'd definitely be all over Nat Phillips at Liverpool, MOTM in both games against us and is a proper CB

OCS, I don’t agree that Lingard is 100% our forward option. It was suggested we would need an Antonio doppelganger, or at least a Haller replacement. IMO Lingard fills neither of these. Are we back to playing people out of position?

Depends on whether you trust Moyes’s judgement. When Lingard signed in January, Moyes made it clear that he could play as a striker, so he obviously feels that Lingard isn't out of position up front.

I actually think we need an out-and-out striker, but when I say Lingard is 100% our forward option, I mean that if he signs I don't think Moyes will bring anyone else in up front.
  • RE. CB targets, I'd definitely be all over Nat Phillips at Liverpool, MOTM in both games against us and is a proper CB

Didn't realise Phillips is nearly 25. He's only played 36 first team games so he's never been a regular first choice at any point in his career so far.

Not to say I wouldn't take him; just thought he was 21/22.
  • Rav's mate Fabrizio has said Abraham to Roma is done, so you can cross him off the list (if he was ever on it).
  • edited August 2021
    Phillips is a bit slow. Strong in the air. Probably a lower-table signing in my opinion - not one for us when we're trying to keep up with last year and already have Dawson. We have three solid CBs so I don't think we want to bring just anyone in.

Watching the runs Pukki was trying to make for Norwich, it's a shame he's probably not possible.

Celtic signed this Japanese striker Kyogo Furuhashi recently who might be one to watch for the future. Yes, he's playing against lower opposition but his movement and link up play is so smart, you can see that he's constantly trying something and, like quite a lot of Japanese players, seems technically tidy.
  • BBC has Abraham on a flight to Rome for a medical

Mirror says the deal was £34m, a 5 year contract £100k pw and that "Chelsea demanded a buy-back option for double the original fee - but that will not kick in until the summer of 2023"

Once Lukakued, twice shy
  • edited August 2021
    Rumours on Twitter that Chelsea have made a bid for Rice & West Ham are going to make a major transfer announcement after the Newcastle game… 🤔

Lingard 🤔

Mirror says the deal was £34m, a 5 year contract £100k pw and that "Chelsea demanded a buy-back option for double the original fee - but that will not kick in until the summer of 2023"

Once Lukakued, twice shy

Salah? De Bruyne?

Once Lukakued, twice shy

I reckon he watched the Arsenal on Friday and told his agent to book the flight.

• Lukerz maybe the announcement is they’ve accepted the Rice bid
  • We'll know when the teams are announced if the Rice supposed bid has been accepted.
  • Would Lingard come to us if he thought we'd let Rice go
  • Rice is in the team.
  • there will be no announcement
  • Do Chelski actually really need Rice?
  • there will be no announcement

Is that the announcement?
  • I can't wait for this major transfer announcement. I hope to be astounded! =)
  • Lukerz said:

Rumours on Twitter that Chelsea have made a bid for Rice & West Ham are going to make a major transfer announcement after the Newcastle game… 🤔

Lingard 🤔

Rumours originating where?
This discussion has been closed.