Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I think we've moved on from the edge to the verge -

Sky Sports News reporter Tom White revealed that the Irons were on the verge of agreeing on a swoop to secure Fiorentina centre-back Nikola Milenkovic.

😂
  • millimetreing closer by the week
  • I think he took a step outside ,But then went back in again =)
  • We’ve edged to verging on the brink of completing the deal.
  • I think they are waiting on international clearance for work permit
  • Final final details to be sorted
  • Just read another report; he’s waiting for the ‘green light’ now
  • I've heard that the I dotter and T crosser has had to self isolate
  • Sky Sports reporting Milenkovic is close to signing for West Ham, so we can all start to believe it!🤦‍♂️🤪⚒
  • The words chicken and counting come to mind ScotHammer.
  • He won't sign until the bag arrives. Is there an update on the tracking of the bag?
  • I added him to my spreadsheet, so that's as good as done, probably.
  • edited August 2021
    I think we need to revert back to ‘interested in’, as C&H states no deal is close & Italian sources are exaggerating.

🤔
  • So we have upgraded our Keeper situation
    In Milenkovic we will have upgraded the loss of Balbeuna.

A left back and Defensive Mid may have been a but too much wishful thinking, so this leaves a Striker and Lingard or a possible replacement for him in my view.

I think for at least one of those we will be looking at a loaning.
  • Lukerz said:

I think we need to revert back to ‘interested in’, as C&H states no deal is close & Italian sources are exaggerating.

🤔

Has a club ever withdrawn on offer for fear it might actually be accepted?

I'm worried that's we're heading here...
  • Lukerz said:

🤔

That C&H article was dated yesterday and we've edged towards the verge since then.
  • The words chicken and counting come to mind ScotHammer.

I was being ever so slightly sarcastic.
  • I would like us to buy another winger/attacking mid in Lingards absence, but before January was anyone talking about needing a new attacking mid?

We had Bowen, Fornals, Benrahma and Yarmolenko (and Lanzini) from September (Bennie came in October) untill the end of Jan when Lingard joined

For me, striker is the only position we NEED before the end of the window assuming milenkovic joins

And attacker, CM and LB would be bonuses but not required imo
  • Can’t Benrahma play CAM giving us more money to spend on the other 3 positions?
  • I would like to loan one if possible, as I want Benrhama to get more game time but I am aware it's a big position as made clear by the impact Lingard made. In my view Lingard's arrival got us into the Europa league and Rice's injury prevented a Champions league spot.
  • Bazshuayi said:

The round window or the square window (old school Jackanory!)

Play School (round, square and arch windows)

If Leicester are after Vestergaard then I doubt they'd want Diop as well

Rumours that if Maddison goes to Arsenal Leicester will try to sign Lingard
    OMG I officially feel old brain wise. How could I make such a rookie error with play school!!! :(
  • Big Ted, Little Ted, Jemima and Floella Benjamin.
  • Transfer thread :lol:
  • That's the one I couldn't remember.
  • Are we at the edge of the verge yet?
  • What a transfer thread this is. 1,800 comments, one 'keeper on loan and we're reminiscing about Play School.

Irons.
  • Gotta love it.
  • Southampton have signed Adam Armstrong from Blackburn for about £15m, another player that we have been linked with https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58164406 .

£15 is a good deal. Why did WHU not go for that? So far we have not strengthened the squad and that can't be sending any positive signals to Rice, Soucek, Coufal et al. I am still puzzled by why lesser teams can find money but WHU can't. OK, with the loss of gate money for last season WHU have less, but that applies to all other teams too. Some teams played in Europe and got extra TV money but most EPL teams haven't, and they are still strengthening their squad.
  • Was a bit bored so have looked at other clubs, still not seeing what the big deal is with "other clubs strengthening"

Obviously you look and Villa probably look to be having the best summer, but they've sold their Declan Rice (their record without Jack is worse than our without Deccers)

Leicester are probably winning so far. Daka and Soumare look like exciting additions, Bertrand is fairly solid.

But elsewhere not much

City, United and Chelsea obviously looking to make a marquee signing or two, but we are never going to compete with them

Spurs have only made 1 (albeit good) signing, but their Talisman wants out

Arsenal have spent a lot but not sure they've got good return for their investment, they are still lacking (although that could change with Maddison)

Everton (who normally throw lots of money around) only have spent £2mil on one player then 2 freebies, don't think any of them start for them

Palace look like they're making good moves, but they've lost SOOO many players and a lot of experience for players without Prem experience

Leeds have made Harrison permanent (good player), only 'new' addition is Firpo, might be a good deal but then again he might not

Same as Leeds, Wolves biggest deal sees to be making a loan deal permanent, then they've got 3 other (cheapy) transfers

Brighton have singed a good Cm on paper but thays it after selling White who was their best CB

Burnley have gone 1 in 1 out with centre backs, not much between them in ability imo

Newcastle signed no one, Willocks close but he was with them last year...don't see that as an 'improvement'

Southampton have got Armstorng plus 2 potential players, but they are so reliant on Ings...if Armstrong can't cut it they're in BIG trouble

Norwich have sold their best player and bought a lot but cheap players, scattergun?

Brentford only made 2 additions as have Warford who have a few more freebies on top of the 2...neither have spent much

Not saying that our window has been good, it's been incredibly frustrating...but if we can close the Milenkovic deal I'd say we've got two quality additions with no major outgoings, would say we would sit around the middle I nterks of how good our window is going based off of the above
This discussion has been closed.