Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Yes. What rescheduled games, tell me please.

I can’t imagine Yeold means any specific games, but fixture congestion and shuffling dates happen every season. Particularly as teams progress in Carabao Cup
  • Barney said:

edging closer!!!!

Is he a German striker?
  • Only date clashes are if we reach Carabao Cup Final (Feb 26) FA Cup 6th Rd (Mar 19), Semi (Apr 16) and Final (May 14).
    So unless we have a severe winter there won't be a lot of games rescheduled around AFCON and the winter break. They won't be rescheduled till the spring.
  • Not sure what changes but from a quick scan we do typically seem to have 5/6 league games around that period, plus FA Cup.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we still have some games cancelled because of Covid isolation as well this season.

As Alderz pointed out, Masuaku isn’t going anywhere. Benrahma will be tricky to replace if he performs like I hope he does this season but I think we do have some flexibility in that position. We can make do if we need to. The only reason to sign someone for that position is if they’re going to be better than Benrahma really.
  • When do the AFCON players have to join up with their national teams?
  • With the very slow roll out of vacinnes in Africa, me included, still patiently waiting for my first, will AFCON even happen......

• Meeting number 237…
  • I've seen nothing to say it's in jeopardy at this stage.
  • Lukerz said:

Meeting number 237…

You forgot the one they had this morning. 238.
  • Ex on West Ham Way podcast reckons Xande Silva will be sold this summer as he's only got one year left on his contract.
  • now inching closer!!!
  • https://www.alfredopedulla.com/lindiscrezione-milenkovic-west-ham-stasera-contatto-per-chiudere/

Translated -
    Nikola Milenkovic is getting closer and closer to West Ham. Negotiations have been going on for the past 24 hours. Tonight for the central defender due in June, there will be a new contact, probably the decisive one.
    Fiorentina continues to ask for 17 million plus bonuses, a small discount may be made to please Milenkovic who has chosen West Ham. Tottenham had probed, but at the moment they have not deepened: this is why we are close to the white smoke.

Immediately after, Fiorentina will be able to announce the arrival of Nastasic, in practice a return to Viola.
  • Someone fly over the bag, see if that will speed it all up.
  • Someone fly over the bag, see if that will speed it all up.

Yes, the bag! SEND HIM THE BAG!
  • Twitter erupting over the new rumour that we're back in for Zouma and a deal may have been reached with Chelsea for him.

Sounds very much a hurry up from Sullivan to the agents involved in the Milenkovic deal, though.
  • I wouldn't mind both of them
  • Twitter erupting over the new rumour that we're back in for Zouma and a deal may have been reached with Chelsea for him.

Sounds very much a hurry up from Sullivan to the agents involved in the Milenkovic deal, though.

But I imagine Moyes’ preference is Zouma
  • Lukerz said:

Twitter erupting over the new rumour that we're back in for Zouma and a deal may have been reached with Chelsea for him.

But I imagine Moyes’ preference is Zouma
    Probably. PL experience and all that.
  • Oggy didn't have Prem experience.
  • IronHerb said:

Oggy didn't have Prem experience.

No, but I think Moyes’s preference is for players with PL, or at least English league, experience if he has the option.
  • IronHerb said:

No, but I think Moyes’s preference is for players with PL, or at least English league, experience if he has the option.
    Soucek and Coufal?
  • IronHerb said:

Soucek and Coufal?
    Perhaps Moyes didn't Czech on them before we signed them up. =)
  • Roma agreed a €40mil move for Abraham

So that presumably dead in the water for us
  • The top journalists at global247news.com have reported that Milenkovic has signed but has insisted (or his agents have) on a £60m release clause. Also says that West Ham have negotiated a lower initial fee by agreeing to a higher sell-on percentage should we decide to cash in.

Have no idea how reliable this lot are, but as much as I don't like clauses, it would at least guarantee us a decent profit if he does as well as some are predicting (assuming the sell-on percentage isn't ridiculous).
  • edited August 2021
    https://global247news.com/2021/08/09/nikola-milenkovic-signs-for-west-ham-united-in-14-million-pound-transfer/amp/?_gl=1*o8bs0l*_ga*YW1wLUt5MVMwRnJNbXMtNUlIb3dpa21VQWhsVHRhSjFfanhoUGRGY1pkTllvUGhJWU11bUpUV05XQm50QTdCcHZpNzE.

As per OCS, says he has signed & will be announced once international clearance is received. The transfer fee was lowered due to a higher sell on percentage being agreed.
  • I'm ok with that, £60mil would be a brilliant return on our investment for someone who is only worth £14mil

More than happy to include these options to get the deal across the line when our finances are tight
  • Moyes has also done an interview for Sky saying that he wants further additions before the end of the window.
  • This all sounds promising.
    Perhaps we will secure Milenkovic and also get a striker.
  • better hope they can conclude quicker than getting this defender over the line otherwise they will run out of transfer window time
  • So 3 weeks tonight we will all be watching SKY to see if Milenkovic signs or not. 😂
This discussion has been closed.