Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Messi saying in his Barcelona conference that he did everything he could to stay and it was impossible to. The guy is with $600m estimated, and even with a 50% reduced salary he would have earned €80m a year. He could have played for a lot less and not noticed it. If he really wanted to stay he could have played for free, surely?
  • I thought the same. Much lower pay and perhaps renegotiate what he earns on sponsers and shirt sales, whatever. I think the lure of playing alongside the likes if Rice and Soucek is too big a pull for him. I hope he's fit enough to face Newcastle next Sunday.
  • Apparently he is 'only' on €40m a year to sign for PSG. How will he survive on that in Paris? 🤑🤑🤑
  • alderz said:

Messi saying in his Barcelona conference that he did everything he could to stay and it was impossible to. The guy is with $600m estimated, and even with a 50% reduced salary he would have earned €80m a year. He could have played for a lot less and not noticed it. If he really wanted to stay he could have played for free, surely?

It’s funny because the tears and sadness seem genuine. It’s almost like he’s completely lost touch with reality - like the idea of playing football for less than €80m a year is absurd - rather than is just shamelessly greedy and putting on a show.
  • Said this to a friend the other day. If he loves Barca as much as it seems, play for free. Let's be honest, he doesn't need to money. Him and generations of his family are set for life.
  • All very odd
  • Yea I have no sympathy

If he really loved the club then he could've easily stayed by taking a proper pay cut if he wanted to stay that badly

Hes got greedy and is as bad as any mercenary in the game
  • he agreed to a 50% wage cut. It just wasn't enough in the end.
  • He wants out as Barca won't be a force they were in Europe for the time being.
  • Imagine how he would cement himself for ever into the clubs history if he said he would play for free in this final year, or even for 80k per week which would cover all expenses and a lot more. I don't understand money or football sometimes. Imagine he has enough money to ensure him, his children and his grandchildren would never need work if they chose.
  • Back in England Tottenham rumoured to be paying £60 million for Martinez from Inter or £51 million for Vlahovic to partner Kane? Arsenal also linked with both, are they buying before they sell or are their owners backing their managers where ours are simply unable to?
  • Spurs need to sort out their defence way more than their attack, with or without Kane.
  • edited August 2021
    Ironherb, Aren’t they paying £40+ million for Romero from Atalanta?
  • Back in England Tottenham rumoured to be paying £60 million for Martinez from Inter or £51 million for Vlahovic to partner Kane? Arsenal also linked with both, are they buying before they sell or are their owners backing their managers where ours are simply unable to?

Or are Spurs and Arsenal much bigger clubs then us?

They made £400mil and £350mil revenue last season respectively whereas we made £140mil
  • Or are Spurs and Arsenal much bigger clubs then us?

They made £400mil and £350mil revenue last season respectively whereas we made £140mil

Forbes rate Arsenal 8th and Spurs 10th in their world football clubs rich list, we're 18th, above Leicester but below Everton.

Kane returned to the Spurs training ground yesterday morning but will have to quarantine in the site hotel until Thursday.

It's funny cos its Spurs
  • He's just making sure he doesn't play against City.
  • WHU, So I pose the question what needs to happen for us to be able to compete financially in the transfer market with the bigger clubs, Leicester manage to be able to make their signings. They are even looking to buy a new CH just to cover for Fofana’s injury.
  • Looking forward to seeing what Moyes can get out of this squad again. Hopeful that Yarma and Lanzini have a good season. Cant blame Messi for maximizing his value towards the sunset of his career, good luck to him
  • IronHerb said:

Spurs need to sort out their defence way more than their attack, with or without Kane.

But Herb, if they do that it may mean that they win more games, and we can't be having that now
  • PSG could potentially get Messi for less than Kane!
  • Messi, Mbappe and Neymar? No fall outs there then.😀
  • Imagine how he would cement himself for ever into the clubs history if he said he would play for free in this final year, or even for 80k per week which would cover all expenses and a lot more.

Sullivan has made the following offer to Messi …… you can go Man City or PSG or Bayern and win trophies but you’ll never know if it was because of you or the rest of the team. Come here to West Ham and you can become even more of a legend. Are you up for the challenge?

This might just work!
  • Bowen maybe more effective for us though on the right
  • Caleta-Car left out of Marseille squad today 🤔
  • Did he forget his bag?
  • It kind of feels like he was our third or fourth choice. I tend trust Moyes at this stage, until Ross Barclay turns up!
  • Milenkovic close according to several sources on Twitter. Ex says we can expect a medical imminently once the final details are sorted.

Couple of Liverpool accounts claiming Bowen is close to joining them.
  • Lukerz said:

Caleta-Car left out of Marseille squad today 🤔

I am not stressing but I think we will more likely end up with valet a car ;)
  • I hope Bowen doesn't leave BUT if he does then hopefully we take Liverpool to the cleaners and get a massive profit. Personally I like him and think in a couple of years he'll be one hell of a player.
  • Just checked Twitter, couldn't see any tweets about Bowen to Liverpool apart from one fan who said its agreed and pretty much every comment is asking him who he is

Doesn't seem like anything

As I said when he was first linked, I like Bowen but I think that if we could get £40mil it would have to be considered, don't think he's worth that much
This discussion has been closed.