Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I have a feeling that unless there's some good news before the weekend, there'll be some kind of protest/trouble at the ground. Which is sad given how well the players and Moyes did last season.
  • Promising?

Pedro Almeida
    @pedrogva6
    Nikola #Milenkovic is almost done to join West Ham from Fiorentina for around 15M€ with adds on. The Italian team has even sign replacement for the player, Matija #Nastasic from Schalke. 🇷🇸 #WHUFC
    11:32 AM · Aug 5, 2021
  • Fingers crossed Lukerz
  • edited August 2021
    Lukerz said:

Promising?

Pedro Almeida
    @pedrogva6
    Nikola #Milenkovic is almost done to join West Ham from Fiorentina for around 15M€ with adds on. The Italian team has even sign replacement for the player, Matija #Nastasic from Schalke. 🇷🇸 #WHUFC

Battle of the ITKs. Almeida doesn't have a great track record, and this seems to contradict Ex's latest report, which is that talks with Milenkovic are ongoing but Juve are moving in on him.

I suppose both could be right, but personally, I'd be amazed if we signed him.
  • I would have thought it should be a party atmosphere, first time for most back watching a live game, have just come off the back of a very successful season, in Europe and looking forward.
  • Lukerz said:

Promising?

Pedro Almeida
    @pedrogva6

Battle of the ITKs. Almeida doesn't have a great track record, and this seems to contradict Ex's latest report, which is that talks with Milenkovic are ongoing but Juve are moving in on him.

I suppose both could be right, but personally, I'd be amazed if we signed him.
    There's also a Turkish journalist claiming Milenkovic wants to come to us.

I'm pretty confident with Ex and I don't know about these other two but it's also possible that it's just different type of sources. Unlike most of these accounts, Ex appears to get information from sources within clubs while these other accounts seem to get their info from agents. I imagine even if you start out with very few sources, agents will find you useful to approach once you get enough followers. So whatever stuff we're seeing today is probably the scheming of agents to create pressure and help negotiations.
  • Ex is also on Holiday and has said he isn't getting as many calls as he usually does

But it does sound quite worrisome

But regardless I don't see what a protest will achieve, and after the season weve had (even though we haven't signed anyone) it can't (imo) be justified

But then again some fans I think are GSB 1st and West Ham 2nd
  • Zouks has officially rejected us.
  • Officially rejected, or the story in The Guardian this morning?
  • Jannik Vestergaard now being reported as a target, by the Telegraph, but Milenkovic remains the number 1 target.
  • Lukerz, Working our way down the list!
  • Having a list is better than not having a list isn't it?
  • Zouma
    Milenkovic
    Caleta-Car
    Vestergaard

Not a bad shortlist!
  • You left off Jones and Cahill
  • We won't sign either
  • Lukerz said:

We won't sign either

Bookmarked.
  • If either of them turn up to sign up with a bag, I'm blaming you Lukerz!
  • What does concern me in that PAI statement is the second half of this paragraph:

If GSB's priority over the next couple of weeks is either staving off the bid, or negotiating top dollar, who's focusing on the transfer situation? And if they're actually considering selling, where's their incentive to improve the squad? It won't be their problem anymore so why commit any more money?
  • Sun reporting Rondon is available on a free. I am Mr Sullivan will see the benefits of us signing him. 😉
  • Officially rejected, or the story in The Guardian this morning?

BBC. They never lie.
  • Rafa signed Rondon two weeks after he became manager at Dalian but after Rafa left in January Rondon went out on loan to CSKA Moscow

Rafa is allegedly keen on signing him again if he becomes available
  • Messi on a free anyone ?
  • Messi is going to come to us ,See it was well worth waiting for =)

• This is why we've been waiting

Messi is coming!!
  • Poor man's Jarrod Bowen.
  • Messi won't come to us - we won't guarantee his place in the team! 😱
  • edited August 2021
    He's on his way, I knew it!!!
  • Pep Guardiola, - Grealish for £100m or Messi on a free?🤔
    £100m would pay a lot of wages
  • Pep Guardiola, - Grealish for £100m or Messi on a free?🤔
    £100m would pay a lot of wages

Or would he be an alternative to Kane?
  • Evening Standard reckons Inter will accept Chelsea's £110m bid for Lukaku who will sign a 5-year £212k pw contract.

If it happens then Tammy Abraham will be even further down the pecking order and might be willing to drop his wage demands

Bad news is Inter are considering Atalanta's Duvan Zapata as replacement for Lukaku and Atalanta want Abraham to replace Zapata.
This discussion has been closed.