Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• So just unsubstantiated rumour then really?
  • edited August 2021
    Most of what's said here is unsubstantiated rumour hahaha
  • Difference with Tomori was that I think their was no option to buy

Without an option to buy, there is a greater risk that the player might not get enough gametime

In some regards ge was wrong to reject us, was basically frozen out till Jan but then it paid off as AC Milan did loan him with the option which they excersided (although he wasn't cheap)
  • I coach a youth team in our village & a couple of seasons ago @ under 13’s I was trying to add to the squad. One particular lad asked if he would be a guaranteed starter if he signed to which I explained the criteria on how the team would be selected so he joined another team further away, scored four goals over the 2 matches when we were the opposition, they won the league and we finished 3rd! So that attitude happens in youth football so is it any wonder the professionals think the same way.
  • Difference with Tomori was that I think their was no option to buy

Without an option to buy, there is a greater risk that the player might not get enough gametime

In some regards ge was wrong to reject us, was basically frozen out till Jan but then it paid off as AC Milan did loan him with the option which they excersided (although he wasn't cheap)

I think there’s also an interview with him saying it moved too quickly after Lampard had earlier told him he would play and so he couldn’t make a decision.

I think he just didn’t want to be temporary back up and then end up back at Chelsea and have to start again, it’s not unreasonable to choose a loan move like that.
  • Villa have just signed Danny Ings out of nowhere
  • I'm getting pretty fed up
  • How are Villa fans feeling about selling Grealish? Any of you guys on other football sites/social media?
  • Hamstew said:

I'm getting pretty fed up

Why, did you want us to sign Ings? (I thought when it was discussed a while back most were not keen ;hmm)
  • MrsGrey said:

How are Villa fans feeling about selling Grealish? Any of you guys on other football sites/social media?

From what I’ve seen (glimpses) on social media, a lot of them have turned on him. That said, social media only provides a minuscule window of reality
  • Grealish just getting another bench to sit on. He can't get in the England team, and IMO not worth the money. He'd be better being Tom Daley"s next partner!
    Ings to Villa, what are we doing? 😭 Not everyone's cup of Tea, but better than nothing!
  • Will we sign anyone of note ?
  • I

Grealish just getting another bench to sit on. He can't get in the England team, and IMO not worth the money. He'd be better being Tom Daley"s next partner!
    Ings to Villa, what are we doing? 😭 Not everyone's cup of Tea, but better than nothing!

I for one am not interested in 'better than nothing' signings.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

How are Villa fans feeling about selling Grealish? Any of you guys on other football sites/social media?

From what I’ve seen (glimpses) on social media, a lot of them have turned on him. That said, social media only provides a minuscule window of reality
    I think that would happen if Rice were to leave this summer.
  • IronHerb said:

I

What I was meaning was better than we've got.
  • From the BBC article about Ings transfer.
    BBC said:

Ings, who was about to enter the final year of his contract at St Mary's, turned down the offer of a four-year deal in July that would have made him the club's best paid player as he wants to test himself at a higher level.

Is it that much of a higher level? I get that Villa look like they’re going places more than Southampton do, but surely “a higher level” at 29 years old is Europe? And I’m not saying us either, as it would be very surprising for us to be a consistent European side, but like surely Spurs if Kane’s future is in limbo?
  • edited August 2021
    Slacker said:

So just unsubstantiated rumour then really?

Slacker, again, this is a speculation thread. Rumour, gossip and opinion are pretty much a given.

If you want cold hard facts, this probably isn't the best thread.
  • Rumours of Origi from Liverpool by the end of the window. Who would you rather Ings or him? Everyone says trusts David Moyes he knows what he is doing IF we sign the likes of Origi he fits the “better than nothing” signing which we all believe we are no longer doing.
  • IronHerb said:

I

What I was meaning was better than we've got.
    👍
  • Rumours of Origi from Liverpool by the end of the window. Who would you rather Ings or him? Everyone says trusts David Moyes he knows what he is doing IF we sign the likes of Origi he fits the “better than nothing” signing which we all believe we are no longer doing.

I think Origi is a good player, who is not a million miles away from Antonio in style of play. He’s not good enough to be a regular at a title challenger, but he’s definitely good enough for the next level down from that, IMO.
  • edited August 2021
    MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Why, did you want us to sign Ings? (I thought when it was discussed a while back most were not keen ;hmm)
    Not really. Wouldn't say no but just want us to sign a striker. It's obvious to me that Antonio won't last all our games.
  • Slacker said:

So just unsubstantiated rumour then really?

Slacker, again, this is a speculation thread. Rumour, gossip and opinion are pretty much a given.

If you want cold hard facts, this probably isn't the best thread.
    I understand that, but what I don’t get is people putting out stuff that they believe to be true when there’s not a shred of factually substantiated evidence.
    How do we know much player A wants, or how much his club are willing to sell for, or if he’s demanding a starting place, or how negotiations are going on in the background,or if his Mrs wants a nice new carpet?
    The answer is we don’t, we’re not in the room are we? Just look what’s happened with Ings tonight, that came right out of the blue. Who’s to say that something similar won’t happen with us?
    I just think it’s all a bit daft really, I’ll be glad when this window is finished tbh.

• edited August 2021
    Slacker, I would be really happy, which based on the way I continually moan about the lack of transfers on here would come as a shock to many, if we could complete a few deals completely under the radar like the Ings signing tonight especially if they were of real quality.
  • Origi is so bad... he is definitely not the answer
  • Ings, great signing and Villa have done some great business over the past two seasons. I wish we'd signed him
  • Fofana has suffered a nasty looking leg break. One would imagine that will be Leicester in the market for a centre back,which could possibly impact our targets.

Pretty sure this has come from Ex being asked earlier today if we were interested and him saying we’ve looked at him before but there’s nothing now though could be later. Not exactly the same as the rumour.
  • Hamstew said:

Keep hearing rice is going, he was going last year too , how about talking about this year , not not next year !
  • Do find it a little funny that our fans are raging that Villa are dominating the transfer window by signing Buendia (imo, no better than Bowen), Ings (brilliant but crooked because if he wasn't someone better would've got him), Leon Bailey (inconsistent and new to the league) .....all the while they have sold their talisman/captain/star who when he didn't play they had something like a 15% win rate

But then those fans also threaten to riot when Rice is rumoured (and only rumoured) to leave for a fee similar to that of Grealish even though that fee could potentially get us Zouma, Abraham and Lingard all of whom would be starters and all of whom we're in talks with (for those that'll say it won't be reinvested)

Really interested to see how Villa do this year, has a bit of the Bale getting sold to spurs about their recruitment, on paper good investment but in reality it might not work

Genuine question, would our fans be happy if we sold Rice and brought in those 3 above or we brought in the 3 Villa have?
  • Grielish and De Bryune in one midfield....... what a joy to watch that will be for City fans.
This discussion has been closed.