Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Kane obviously hadn’t realised who he was dealing with in Mr Levy! Being told he can leave if he stayed on last season is just another example of how the Tottenham chairman operates!
  • The thing is, even if Levy did promise that, did they discuss what fee he could leave for. I imagine he said if he gave them one more year & was still not happy with their progress, he would not stand in his way this summer, but equally they also need the right fee for him. If none of that was written down and agreed, it’s meaningless.
  • Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

Which suggests to me he's not there, as it would 100% have been posted, and a little clip of him with a bag with a caption 'look who's back'.

🤔

LukerzITK returns…
    I see no bag.

LukerzLuckyGuess
  • Rice is leaving next year imo regardless of anything we do other than winning the league (although Leicester couldn't keep Kante/Drinkwater after they won the league)

He'll play this year, to the fullest of his ability and then we will settle for around £70mil to £80mil

Ideally he'd sign a contract extension with a release clause at around £80/90mil but not always so easy

Would rather keep him another year and get £20mil less then sell him this summer for £100mil (not that I think anyone will pay that)

His place in the England team is already secured, Henderson is his closest rival and he's on the way out with age/injuries and the way Bellingham plays he'd be a better replacement for Phillips
  • Lukerz said:

Lukerz said:

Which suggests to me he's not there, as it would 100% have been posted, and a little clip of him with a bag with a caption 'look who's back'.

🤔

LukerzITK returns…
    I see no bag.

LukerzLuckyGuess
    😡
  • Rice is leaving next year imo regardless of anything we do other than winning the league (although Leicester couldn't keep Kante/Drinkwater after they won the league)

He'll play this year, to the fullest of his ability and then we will settle for around £70mil to £80mil

Ideally he'd sign a contract extension with a release clause at around £80/90mil but not always so easy

Would rather keep him another year and get £20mil less then sell him this summer for £100mil (not that I think anyone will pay that)

His place in the England team is already secured, Henderson is his closest rival and he's on the way out with age/injuries and the way Bellingham plays he'd be a better replacement for Phillips

I agree to an extent but the issue is if he signs an extension he gets a proper wage this year and guaranteed it for the duration of his contract. So the thing for him to do is to sign an extension with a release clause, that suits us also as we get to have an input into that figure, otherwise we get pretty much what someone is prepared to pay next summer. It's a big thing for him as he will weigh up the possibility of injury, sign a new one and he will be guaranteed probably in the region of 130k per week for the next 4-5 years regardless and that's him set for life on that one contract if the worst came to the worst. He is probably too young to remember Dean Ashton!

Yep, Rice's last season, this. Hopefully we're already scouting replacements for either the January or summer window. Some proper succession planning would be nice. I know people don't necessarily like the Leicester comparisons, but they have bought in Daka as Vardy's long-term replacement. He now has a season to settle at the club, play a few games, get to know the players and the culture of the club without having the pressure to perform immediately because the top man is still there.

I'd like to think we're planning to do this with Rice's replacement. I'm sure we'll know by January what his thoughts are for the summer.
  • We look to have done exactly that with Fab's replacement.
  • OCS, We will use the same blueprint we have used to identify a new centre forward so we won't have any issues will we?
  • I hope Daka gets more than a few games as he's currently in my fantasy draft (yes, a gamble). I'd hate to make a TF so soon after the season starts ;)

As for Pereira, I dont think 25M is unreasonable for a guy who can play across the front 3, is young and has plenty of potential to be better. I've been sold on him ever sine reading a former coaches evaluation on his skills plus attitude. Anyone who posted his numbers for WBA is no slouch. I am also pretty sure Man Utd would be holding out for that sort of inflated figure for Lingard despite his contract length.
  • We have signed another goalkeeper - Scotland U21 international goalkeeper Brian Kinnear!
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/03-august/west-ham-united-sign-scotland-u21-international-goalkeeper
    Is it our cunning plan to field 6-7 goalkeepers? That should stop the opposition form scoring. Or may be Moyes' magic wand would turn one of these into star-striker.
  • We look to have done exactly that with Fab's replacement.

We have, and potentially have done so with Ogbonna/Alves, too.
  • Pengeman said:

We have signed another goalkeeper - Scotland U21 international goalkeeper Brian Kinnear!
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/august/03-august/west-ham-united-sign-scotland-u21-international-goalkeeper
    Is it our cunning plan to field 6-7 goalkeepers? That should stop the opposition form scoring. Or may be Moyes' magic wand would turn one of these into star-striker.

On Championship Manager 2000-01 I turned Bodo Illgner into a left back for Real Madrid when Roberto Carlos was injured, so it's definitely possible.
  • alderz said:

Pengeman said:

We have signed another goalkeeper - Scotland U21 international goalkeeper Brian Kinnear!

On Championship Manager 2000-01 I turned Bodo Illgner into a left back for Real Madrid when Roberto Carlos was injured, so it's definitely possible.
    You went into a league campaign with one left back in your squad?

Poor planning, that.

Wouldn't see Jorderz do that.
  • alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

Jorderz would never have had Roberto Carlos in his team. Any left back who ventures behind his own third is benched.

Yep, Rice's last season, this. Hopefully we're already scouting replacements for either the January or summer window. Some proper succession planning would be nice. I know people don't necessarily like the Leicester comparisons, but they have bought in Daka as Vardy's long-term replacement. He now has a season to settle at the club, play a few games, get to know the players and the culture of the club without having the pressure to perform immediately because the top man is still there.

I'd like to think we're planning to do this with Rice's replacement. I'm sure we'll know by January what his thoughts are for the summer.
    Ideally we get that replacement now, he gives Rice such good competition that he becomes the cheaper option to solve a club’s DM problem next season and they want him
    Instead of Rice.
  • edited August 2021

alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

Jorderz would never have had Roberto Carlos in his team. Any left back who ventures behind his own third is benched.
    It's a fair point. He'd have probably brought in Tony Hibbert ahead of Carlos.
  • alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

Still won the league 😎

True but they also over £50mil on Slimani and Iheanacho who (apart from a 10 game spell for Kelechi last year) I'm sure we're meant as long term Vardy replacements but both haven't been worth the money (imo)

But yes, you'd imagine the club will be planning for his departure
  • alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

• alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

Surely it was Joey O’Brien, so he could cover both flanks?
  • edited August 2021
    Lukerz said:

alderz said:

Pengeman said:

Poor planning, that.

Surely it was Joey O’Brien, so he could cover both flanks?
    Joey O'Brian scored a league goal or two.

Doesn't fit Jorderz's idea of what a full back should do. He'd have dropped him after the first.
  • edited August 2021
    Sky reporting we're giving up on Zouma. £4m gap between our valuation and Chelsea's, personal terms looking difficult and, contrary to what Ex has said, he is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Milenkovic still an option, apparently, but the smart money's on Juve coming in for him, so I think that's another one off the list.
  • A couple of Sully signings - Galatasaray has told Falcao (35) & Feghouli (31) to find new clubs as they can't afford their wages.
  • We should never have sold Feghouli when we did.
  • IronHerb said:

We should never have sold Feghouli when we did.

He was just starting to turn good after settling in
  • One of those players I was really excited to get because he’d looked so good for Algeria.
  • Nicoerz?
  • Southampton and West Ham are interested in Nice and Austria Under-21s defender Flavius Daniliuc, 20. (Mail)
This discussion has been closed.