Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Al-Hilal officially confirmed Pereira

What a waste of a talent
  • Hope he likes the heat..
  • Money talks again
  • lequipe reporting that we've bid €14m (+€3m option) for Caleta-Car.

If true, is it Pressure on Fiorentina/Milenkovic or is Moyes looking to completely overhaul our centre backs? 🤔
  • EXETER, That is so true when it comes to our club. 😬
  • Well, depends on if it's speaking your language.

Not all footballers (people) prioritise that.

Nothing to do with 'our club'
  • edited August 2021
    Areola
    Milenkovic - Ogbonna - Caleta-Car
    Coufal - Souček - Rice - Fornals - Masuaku
    Benrahma
    Antonio

🤔
  • The ITKs have said we're looking for a CB not 2 CBs. We've just signed Dawson, Oggy is arguably playing the best since he joined us and no one has made a bid for Diop.

I think its either Milenkovic or Carleta-Car not both
  • The ITKs have said we're looking for a CB not 2 CBs. We've just signed Dawson, Oggy is arguably playing the best since he joined us and no one has made a bid for Diop.

I think its either Milenkovic or Carleta-Car not both

Unless we sell Diop
  • So after last night's excitement, where Milenkovic was all but done and we were also in for Caleta-Car, The Athletic are reporting that neither are even close; no bid has been accepted for Milenkovic and talks have not reopened for C-C.
  • We've been in talks for Milenkovic for around a month now
  • Lukerz said:

We've been in talks for Milenkovic for around a month now

Says who?
  • edited August 2021
    I think it's quite common for a deal to still be negotiated with the club. It would not surprise me if Milenkovic headed here for a medical, agreed terms but we were still finalising the formalities of the agreement.

Unless we are selling Diop, I can't see us needing to open talks with Caleta-Car.
  • I don't think the player goes anywhere until the clubs have an agreement.
  • I think a club can give a player permission to speak to another club, ahead of agreeing a final deal. It's clear they want to sell him from the reports in Italy. I just can see Juventus signing him now they have sold a CB and it seems that's where he favours.
  • So Chelsea have set the Rice value for us.

Arrizabalaga - £72m
    Lukaku - £95m

So we can comfortably say Rice sits in between those values in Chelsea's view.
  • Lukerz said:

I just can see Juventus signing him now they have sold a CB and it seems that's where he favours.

I agree that this seems the most likely outcome, would be surprised if we land him now.
  • Ex says Moyes has changed his mind about allowing Conor Coventry to go on loan to Peterborough Utd and he'll be part of the first team this season
  • edited August 2021
  • BREAKING: Villarreal left back Pervis Estupinan is very close to joining West Ham after negotiations with Napoli broke down. @calcionapoli24

🤔
  • So, are you saying the club might have been negotiating on multiple fronts at the same time?

Almost sounds like someone knows what they are doing...
  • But does that mean we're his second choice? 😀
  • MrsGrey said:

So, are you saying the club might have been negotiating on multiple fronts at the same time?

Almost sounds like someone knows what they are doing...

Given Sully, that seems exceptionally unlikely, but would be a pleasant surprise if it comes off.
  • Lukerz said:

BREAKING: Villarreal left back Pervis Estupinan is very close to joining West Ham after negotiations with Napoli broke down. @calcionapoli24

🤔

Has anybody heard of this guy before?
  • Watford sold him to Villarreal for 15 million quid a year or so ago, although he never played a game for Watford.
  • I trust Moyes but this is a strange one, doesn't play for Watford in four seasons, manages to attract a massive fee of 15m for a player only ever loaned out by his parent club, and on a seven year contract, yet they want to sell him after only one season.
  • Pervis Estupinan, 23yo, 12 caps for Ecuador, 33 appearances for Villarreal last season but only 17 starts, 2nd choice LB behind Alfonso Pedraza

Somehow I'm not expecting to see a photo of him holding up a claret and blue shirt any time soon
  • West Ham’s negotiations with Fiorentina over Nikolai Milenkovic are stalling over a difference in fee of £2.5m. The Hammers are identifying other targets (reports in Italy, KUMB).
  • Few reports that Declan is happy with us for another year, to further develop & also experience his first taste of European football.

I think that’s how important is was finishing 6th.
This discussion has been closed.