Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• It makes a big difference who's buying, too.
  • edited July 2021
    Rice is as influential as Grielish to the outcome of a match in my view, not as flashy to the eye or entertaining I grant you but every bit as influential.

The problems Grielish causes teams at one end of the field Rice prevents at the other.
  • Regardless of how highly we view him , it would make the owners think if £70m was offered
  • Who knows yoyo? My guess is that for this year It would need to be closer to 100m to get them thinking.
  • Senior sources at Liverpool are not dismissing links with West Ham's 24-year-old English forward Jarrod Bowen. (Star)
  • Senior sources at Liverpool are not dismissing links with West Ham's 24-year-old English forward Jarrod Bowen. (Star)

There’s another Liverpool story on there about them not being able to afford £34m for a German midfielder, so I don’t think there’s too much to worry about.
  • Klopp has been told he's got to sell to buy, according to the Beeb.
  • Does Trev know something we don't... 🤔

• Hopefully OCS
  • Peirera / Abraham / Zouma would make us very competitive again i feel.
  • Peirera / Abraham / Zouma would make us very competitive again i feel.

With Areola this would make for a very good window. The only problem is that these three would exhaust our budget so no CM or LB, unless we can find some loan or free options.

But it would certainly improve our options and strengthen the squad. Hopefully Trev's not just drunk.
  • Isn't Lanzini playing further back these days, more as a DM than AM
  • And Coventry.
  • Ex says there are multiple championship clubs interested in loaning Coventry but the club aren't in a rush to make a decision and expect him to feature in the two remaining friendlies

Would prefer to keep him, mostly because I think our budget is better used elsewhere
  • Round up

New bids expected for Zouma and Milenkovic, club unsure which one presents a better deal as we are only after one of them

Still trying for Pereira, but WBA want to sell whereas club prefer loan to buy. May look to just buy permanently as other teams interested

No interest in Braithwaite after news sites said we had a £13mil bid accepted

We are interested in Embolo, but again we want to loan with option to buy, hasn't set the world alight but Moyes appears to be
  • I wonder why it has all gone quiet on Ivan Toney? He was linked with us a lot last summer & Ex even referenced him being a longer term target (I believe). Have we just ended our interest based on the fact Brentford got promoted & we don’t think he’s attainable? I think he’d be a very good signing for any club.
  • I suspect that's it Lukerz. He's in the PL now, so no particular reason for him to want to leave, Brentford would want top dollar for him and are under no pressure to sell.
  • Brentford geld out for £25mil for Benrahma and Watkins for £33mil when they weren't in the Prem

They won't accept anything less than £40mil now they are here and they have the cash of the two above already in their pocket (as they don't spend much)
  • edited July 2021
    IF the reports are to be believed we appear to be looking at a few defenders who can play LB/CH giving us options?
  • Sarr of Chelsea might be a good option
    Class young player for Nice and then Porto on loan last season
    Fills the LCB / LB position
    And Chelsea get the benefit of him getting premiership experience for a year
  • edited July 2021
    You’ve got to remember as well that Antonio, currently, is undroppable when fit. It’s not a purple patch either. His goals/start ratio since returning post lockdown in 2020 is one of the best in the league. He’s strong, quick, become more clinical, has a much better touch/hold up (he must have worked at this considerably) & his decision making is much better. He is a skilful player. He will need replacing at some point, but Moyes has made it very clear he is his main man. It’s unlikely we’ll bring Tammy Abraham in for the sort of money being quoted. The striker we currently have is a vast improvement on Abraham in every department except for age.
  • Spurs & Palace being reported as also being in talks for Zouma.

Pereira still being discussed but you’d think, should they sell Grealish, Villa will enter the bidding.
  • edited July 2021
    A lot of hype about Palace due to their signings. I really don’t get it?

A 19 year old from Reading, a 21 year old reserve at Chelsea (don’t think he’s played for them), Anderson (who is as ok but got relegated at Fulham) & Connor Gallagher who also got relegated & I didn’t see much from him to suggest he’d be a good signing.

If that’s a good window not sure what a bad one is.
  • I think you are over rating Antonio a bit there Lukerz. I still think his touch and decision making has room for improvement and he rarely beats an opponent on the floor with the ball at his feet. We need an out and out striker to compliment him.
  • IronHerb said:

I think you are over rating Antonio a bit there Lukerz. I still think his touch and decision making has room for improvement and he rarely beats an opponent on the floor with the ball at his feet. We need an out and out striker to compliment him.

I don’t know if it’s overrating Antonio, but there’s definitely some underrating of Abraham, IMO
  • Lukerz said:

Spurs & Palace being reported as also being in talks for Zouma.

Pereira still being discussed but you’d think, should they sell Grealish, Villa will enter the bidding.

Surely Villa have already been spending the Grealish money preemptively though? Buendia and possibly Bailey will be the replacements, IMO
  • IronHerb said:

I think you are over rating Antonio a bit there Lukerz. I still think his touch and decision making has room for improvement and he rarely beats an opponent on the floor with the ball at his feet. We need an out and out striker to compliment him.

While I don't disagree with his weaknesses that doesn't mean what Lukerz said isn't true

You see it on other rival fan sites and hear it from commentators, nobody wants to come up against Antonio

Hes a bit awkward and clumsy, and far from a world beater but he can occupy and entire back 4 by himself and as Lukerz noted his goals to appearances record is about as good as we are ever going to get, pretty much 1 goal in 2

Very hard for anyone to displace him if he's fit, even Tammy (who is the highest calibre striker were linked to)
  • edited July 2021
    Lukerz, A 19 year old from Reading - 3rd highest for the number of chances created in the Championship last season. EFL Young Player of the Season, and inclusion in the Championship Team of the Season as well as the PFA’s Championship Team of the Year, a 21 year old reserve at Chelsea (don’t think he’s played for them) - He is five years younger than Zouma who isn't a regular starter at CFC either, Anderson (who is as ok but got relegated at Fulham) - Areola was part of the same side & Connor Gallagher who also got relegated & I didn’t see much from him to suggest he’d be a good signing. We are trying to buy Periera who also got relegated. It is all about opinions but as I said earlier in the week I wouldn't have been disappointed if we had signed a couple of them but will be of course be delighted when we actually sign the players we need.
  • Already rumours started Bowen is in talks with Liverpool
  • edited July 2021
    Lukerz said:

Already rumours started Bowen is in talks with Liverpool

This would make zero sense. Not only is he our starting winger, he's also our 1st choice cover for Antonio.

Unless Pereira is effectively a Bowen replacement and the club is confident of re-signing Lingard? About the only reason I could see Moyes being prepared to let him go.

But I still think an injury is much more likely.
This discussion has been closed.