Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Nathan Holland will be the latest exit, according to a poster on KUMB. Being loaned to Oxford with a view to a permanent transfer in January.

23 now, and he's never really threatened the first team. Not against the move as such, but it's another option gone.

Glad to hear, wasn't happening for him here....only a year younger than Bowen and far from that level

Hopefully we can get some sort of fee and more importantly a sell-on clause

Good luck to him, never threatened the first XI and even if there were injuries still see other youngsters in front of him
    I think his contract is up next summer. I suspect that unless he absolutely tears it up at Oxford we'll pay up his last six months and let him go for nothing in January.
  • The arrival of who? Don't leave us in suspense Diamantis please.

Here we go..

• Someone better be dusting off the 'Transfers Done and Dusted' thread...
  • Nice to see some business even if it is in a position that i don't think is necessarily needed.
  • Striker / CB / CM / LB / AM 3 loans to max out our loans ? 2 domestic 2 overseas and 2 signings ?
  • edited July 2021

Nice to see some business even if it is in a position that i don't think is necessarily needed.

Yeah, Areola will make it seven GKs on the books, and that will become eight if, as reported, we're signing Brian Kinnear.

Anang and Trott are out on loan, which means Kinnear and Hegyi will be the U23 'keepers this season. Martin will probably be used in training only and Randolph reverts to third choice I guess.

Be interesting to see what happens next summer when Anang and Trott return and if we take the option on Areola.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Randolph asked for a transfer, just as he did when Joe Hart arrived. He's still Ireland's No. 1 and needs regular football if he has any hope of getting a recall

Ireland have played five times since Randolph got injured in March, lost both WC qualifiers, Serbia 3-2 and Luxembourg 1-0 (?!?!?!??), drew in friendlies against Qatar 1-1 and Hungary 0-0 but beat Andorra 4-1

Looks like they could do with some experience between the sticks
  • We got that bit. Who is arriving for PSG?

Here we go..

Only problem I see here is that he is Roberto's cousin 😁😁😁
  • edited July 2021
    Very happy with Areola & think that will be our long term keeper to replace Fab. He’s very clean & tidy, makes all the basics look simple & has the ability to pull off point-winning saves. Also very good with his feet & very commanding of his box.

I can see him getting into the side before the end of the season.
  • Just looking at his career a bit and looks a good signing. Still young for a keeper at 28. Probably has a lot to prove after coming through PSG's academy but constantly going out on loan.
  • Whenever I saw him play last season always thought he was more than just decent...I agree with Luke's comments above....
    Could well be an excellent signing if happens.
  • WEST HAM IN TALKS OVER ZOUMA

West Ham are in talks with Chelsea over the signing of defender Kurt Zouma.

West Ham are prepared to pay around £20m, which falls below Chelsea’s valuation.

Zouma is settled in London and as it stands, it is thought he would welcome the move over being part of a swap deal involving Sevilla’s Jules Kounde.
  • Interesting. I like Zouma. Solid defender and pretty fast.
  • I like Zouma too.

But I don't think we'll spend £20m on a centre back, let alone what Chelsea will want for him.
  • Zouma would be a good purchase, in his prime and solid all around with experience.

Here we go..

Done and dusted 🧤
  • When I grow up I want to be Fabrizio Romano
  • Zouma is now what I think Diop could be in a few years. I’d be very very happy with him (more so than with Tarkowski)

Here we go..

Done and dusted 🧤

AN ACTUAL FIRST TEAM SIGNING. I'm positively giddy.

Right, who's next...

• He’s just coming into his prime, great signing
  • I just can’t disagree 🤝
  • A very good signing as we now have two keepers worthy of the first eleven, Fab is not done yet in my view and is better than many in the premiership, but how reassuring that should he get injured we have a proper back up keeper now, and there will be enough games to go around for both with three cups this season.

Now get that striker asap
  • I didn't realise Masuaku was from the Democratic Republic of Congo. What a culture shift working here must be for him.

PS. I find it interesting that some of the countries with the most authoritarian regimes need to include democratic in their name.

You mean like North Korea, officially the Democratic People's Republic of Korea =) =)
  • So reports suggest a £1.7mil loan fee so shouldn't be too much out of the kitty

Doubt we'd spend £20mil plus (doubt they'd accept less than £30mil) on Zouma though
  • I wouldnt be surprised if Areola is first choice...

With Zouma, perhaps his length of contract and lack of first team involvement will help us. Apparently hes settled in London too...
  • Zouma would be great at the right price ,Perhaps if we offered Rice .........Oh never mind
  • Steve, the Chelsea fans have already got the same idea. Some are saying Abraham & Zouma for Rice, one even thought we should give them money and Declan for him. 🤨
This discussion has been closed.