Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Also the links are "twitter noise"

Really wouldn't be a fan of that, hasn't played since Jan 2020...
  • Also the links are "twitter noise"

Really wouldn't be a fan of that, hasn't played since Jan 2020...

Transfermarkt shows him having had 23 separate injuries causing him to miss 204 games since joining Man U in 2011.

As you say, he's currently carrying a knee injury that's kept him out for 18 months.

Plus, has he ever really been that good? Can't say I've ever really rated him myself.
  • So thats a big fat NO to jones from me
  • If he is coming on the right contract it's fine, a small basic which increases with games, if he is on a Wilshire contract of three years and 100k a week for a sicknote then its obviously ridiculous. I suspect very much its a version of the former if happening at all.
  • Meanwhile, Spurs seem to be close to Celeta-Car from OM. One of our targets, according to Ex, since last summer.
  • And for anyone who likes a bit of blind speculation and panic, Rice has removed the crossed irons emoji from his Insta bio...
  • edited July 2021

And for anyone who likes a bit of blind speculation and panic, Rice has removed the crossed irons emoji from his Insta bio...

I’ll only believe it when it’s an “exclusive” on SSN! 🤦‍♂️
  • And article on Sky saying Coufal is still very disappointed in our contract offer as he is still yet to sign a new deal.
  • Lukerz said:

And article on Sky saying Coufal is still very disappointed in our contract offer as he is still yet to sign a new deal.

Isn’t that the same news as two weeks ago?
  • And for anyone who likes a bit of blind speculation and panic, Rice has removed the crossed irons emoji from his Insta bio...

He’s still liking the clubs posts though
  • Lukerz said:

And article on Sky saying Coufal is still very disappointed in our contract offer as he is still yet to sign a new deal.

And the fans have acted accordingly

Imo, he signed a 4 year deal on these terms so it's a non start

Can't give player pay rises after a good 12 months

If he keeps up that level up for 18 or 24 months then fair enough
  • If it has happened however its a very deliberate thing to do!
  • Lukerz said:

Unless the club promised him a review after 12 months 🤷‍♂️
  • Lukerz said:

If that's the case.....Touche
  • If he signed a 4 year contract with a built in review after one year, but no specific criteria or parameters ( eg, % increase or bonuses linked to targets achieved) he shouldn't be disappointed with the club he should be disappointed with his agent.
  • Lukerz said:

So I guess they reviewed it. Tick, job done. (All hypothetical of course, but I refer to my previous post)
  • SKY said it was a 3 year deal with a 2 year option. We have apparently made an offer but more performance and appearance based rather than salary based.
    I believe he is on approx £32k per week at the moment, one of the lower paid players at the Club.
  • 32 grand a week you say.
    How on earth does he manage?
  • It's tough at the top as they say, and he has just bought a new Beamer back home.
  • edited July 2021
    Slacker said:

32 grand a week you say.
    How on earth does he manage?

£32k a week is obscene money to you and I, but for a pro footballer it's probably more about how he's valued by the club. He came to compete with Fredericks, but has established himself as our starting RB, one of the best full backs in the league last season and starred at the Euros, but is probably paid considerably less than Fredericks.

Similar situation to Rice; both players are lauded by the club, and rightly so, but maybe don't see their efforts reflected in their pay in comparison to players that haven't contributed as much.
  • I remember an old boss of mine telling me that no one gets paid what they’re worth, the company will always pay you the least that they can get away with. This was after I was offered a job elsewhere on much better money. He matched it.
  • edited July 2021
    32 grand a week, All those bus fares soon add up you know. =)
  • Spurs have signed 20yo winger Bryan Gil from Sevilla in a part ex deal with Eric Lamela going the other way. Gil was promoted from Sevilla B in 2018 but only made 21 appearances for Sevilla and has been out on loan the last two seasons.

I think Sevilla have got the better deal there

Spurs only other new signing is GK Pierluigi Gollini on loan from Atalanta, conceded 32 in 32 appearances last season, 13 clean sheets and managed to earn a red card against Sassuolo

Man U close to signing Real Madrid CB Raphael Varane for £40m. That's £40m less to spend elsewhere...
  • 32 grand a week, All those bus fares soon add up you know. =)

My God, has nobody told him about an Oyster card?
  • 32k a week? No wonder he takes the bus.
  • Think it’s one of those where you have to listen to the podcast to hear how Ex said it. He says stuff speculatively sometimes just to entertain the Q.

Personally I do think we’re low on budget. Not because of the lack of incoming but the way we’ve sold players. It’s one thing to take losses on signings but to lose so much on Haller, Anderson and potentially Yarmolenko makes it seem we’re desperate to free up wages. I don’t think in another situation we should be selling players at such losses when though they might underperformed they haven’t been that bad.
  • West Ham are keen on signing Denmark defender Jens Styger Larsen, 30, who is in the final year of his contract at Udinese and would cost £4.2m. (Football.London)
  • Id be happy if our budget was £50mil

I don't think it's enough but it's about what I think we could've spent realistically

Also makes sense why the club are trying a linked with a variation of loan moves and permanent ones to defer costs to next year when we get a season full of fans and the Europa money

But the wage bill has been a problem, we've had underperforming players on big BIG wages and they haven't delivered

Trying to get creative with £50mil is hard, can't see us going to Tammy Abraham as hell cost about £40mil of that

Johnstone - £11mil
    Sima - £20mil (?)
    Peirera - Loan obligation to buy like Bennie
    Nat Phillips - £15mil
    Doig - £5mil

Promote Coventry

Think that something similar to that would be a very good window all things considered
  • edited July 2021
    There's another ITK who seems to be well respected in the KUMB community, who has also said £50m, but also that it could be as much as £75m with a bit of tweaking.

But if we assume that it's £50m, that's not going to get us all that we need, IMO. Personally I think we need at least five players (LB, CB, CM, AM and ST) and ideally six (I think we need a new GK), which unless the club get really creative with loans and/or free agents, I can't see us getting.

If Johnstone is going to cost £11m then I'm not sure it's worth it. Areola on loan (if PSG cave) would be better in the short-term, at least, if it gives Moyes £11m to spend on other priorities. Sima is probably the better deal (if not player) than Abraham because he can play out wide and through the middle, so offers competition to Antonio and the wingers, and would probably be considerably cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.