Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I can’t read Arabic well, but I’m sure it says we are signing Messi as well - might as well use my ignorance of other languages to our advantage!😜
  • I can’t read Arabic well, but I’m sure it says we are signing Messi as well - might as well use my ignorance of other languages to our advantage!😜

Arabic you say, and here was I thinking that it looked like a prescription from my doctor =)
  • PL CLUBS MONITORING BOTMAN

The centre-back market is picking up – but Premier League clubs are yet to make any serious noises about Lille’s exciting 21-year-old Sven Botman.

The Dutchman is the first choice of Atalanta to replace Cristian Romero, who is the subject of a proposed move to Tottenham Hotspur, and Botman would be keen to speak to the Serie A club.

Atalanta will play Champions League football next season but Botman is also open to moving to the Premier League – and a number of English clubs have been tracking him in his breakthrough season.

West Ham are said to be the most keen followed by Crystal Palace and Newcastle, while newly-promoted Norwich have monitored him since he was a youth at Ajax, but none have registered concrete interest yet this summer.

Top clubs such as Manchester City, United and Tottenham are also admirers, but they are not yet convinced he is ready for their level after just one full season of regular top-flight football.

Lille took a gamble on Botman, having yet to make an Eredivisie appearance for Ajax, to replace Gabriel when he signed for Arsenal, spending the previous season on loan at Heerenveen.

And he was superb for head coach Christophe Galtier, making 37 appearances as Lille won the title over PSG, plus eight more impressive displays in the Europa League, before starring for the Netherlands’ U21s at the European Championships last month.

Lille want to keep him but – like all of Ligue 1 – their finances have been seriously impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, and their model is based on buying young players to develop them and sell them on.

Sky Sports News has been told that, should a team come in with a similar offer to the £27m they earned for Gabriel, Lille could give it genuine consideration – and Bundesliga clubs are also keeping tabs on his situation.

But it remains to be seen whether anyone from the Premier League would be prepared to join the competition, despite Botman also being a commodity as a left-footed centre-half and with the physical attributes to make it in the UK.
  • PL CLUBS MONITORING BOTMAN

Stop sniggering at the back
  • 🍑 😏
  • Gotta be worth a cheeky bid for sure 😜
  • Steady on!
  • I've heard Arsenal are interested
  • Oooooooh, the random Twitter ITK with zero credibility that I started to follow recently has said that we've offered a 1 year loan with a £15m option for Pereira. He says no agreement has been reached with WBA, but Pereira has 'accepted deal' (presumably personal terms).

Leicester are interested, but we're currently ahead.
  • The womens CF has joined Manchester United & a bit like the mens team no big name signings so far. If I am honest I am not holding my breath that there will be any major additions to the ladies squad anyway probably due to a lack of money? Yet to see any evidence that isn't an issue with the mens side as well.
  • Hilarious there are West Ham fans on social media crying over the business Palace are doing 😂
  • Manchester United will not make a move for West Ham star Declan Rice, during this transfer window (Sky Sports Sources).
  • edited July 2021
    Lukerz said:

Hilarious there are West Ham fans on social media crying over the business Palace are doing 😂

Yes we could have done with any of their 3 signings, we were linked with the two centre halfs in the media & Olise is a very useful young prospect.

• More important question is why would anyone went to join Palace ,Dont they know there going down =)
  • You mean this guy? I’m pretty sure this is a disinformation account to drive bots from the Saudi propaganda and don’t understand why he would know much about our side.

Jockakness
  • Also keep in mind AFCON we will lose Masuaku and Benrahma to the tournament. Another reason to get some bodies in.
  • Also keep in mind AFCON we will lose Masuaku and Benrahma to the tournament. Another reason to get some bodies in.

DRC didn’t qualify, so Masuaku won’t be going anywhere
  • I didn't realise Masuaku was from the Democratic Republic of Congo. What a culture shift working here must be for him.

PS. I find it interesting that some of the countries with the most authoritarian regimes need to include democratic in their name.

• Nathan Holland will be the latest exit, according to a poster on KUMB. Being loaned to Oxford with a view to a permanent transfer in January.

23 now, and he's never really threatened the first team. Not against the move as such, but it's another option gone.
  • But he has proved not to be an option so it's just another body gone with no impact on the first XI.
  • edited July 2021
    IronHerb said:

But he has proved not to be an option so it's just another body gone with no impact on the first XI.

Not to the first eleven, but we have to look beyond that. That first eleven isn't going to see us through 50+games next season; we need a bigger squad and so far all we've done is reduce an already small squad.

Like I say, I'm not against letting Holland go; just hope we see some players come in soon to give Moyes the squad he'll need to compete across four competitions.
  • I disagree. He is just blocking the space another youngster may use to take take their chance. He's been around long enough and rarely makes the bench when we're short and I can't see that changing.
  • Have to shift him. Sorry if you haven't made the grade by 23 into the first team you aren't making it. I would even say if you don't make the First team (i.e. being on the bench regularly by 21 you are probably not making it for West Ham)
  • Areola inbound, according to lequipe (and Ex).

Medical today, announcement by tomorrow.
  • I didn't realise Masuaku was from the Democratic Republic of Congo. What a culture shift working here must be for him.

PS. I find it interesting that some of the countries with the most authoritarian regimes need to include democratic in their name.

I believe he was born and raised in Lille
  • I didn't realise Masuaku was from the Democratic Republic of Congo.

He was born in France, according to his bio. (He represented them at youth level.)
  • ARELOA HAVING WEST HAM MEDICAL

PSG goalkeeper Alphonse Areola is in London for a medical with West Ham United.

A deal has been agreed with PSG over an initial loan with an option to buy. Personal terms have been agreed in principle.

Areola spent last season on loan with Fulham. PSG are happy to let him go following the arrival
  • The arrival of who? Don't leave us in suspense Diamantis please.
  • The arrival of who? Don't leave us in suspense Diamantis please.

Expat to PSG, you heard it here first
  • Nathan Holland will be the latest exit, according to a poster on KUMB. Being loaned to Oxford with a view to a permanent transfer in January.

23 now, and he's never really threatened the first team. Not against the move as such, but it's another option gone.

Glad to hear, wasn't happening for him here....only a year younger than Bowen and far from that level

Hopefully we can get some sort of fee and more importantly a sell-on clause

Good luck to him, never threatened the first XI and even if there were injuries still see other youngsters in front of him
This discussion has been closed.