Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Peasants!
  • Sean Dyche on Man City potentially spending £160m on Harry Kane..

"To be honest, I couldn’t work out whether they were buying the club or a player."
  • £160m might buy you the Spurs cheese room
  • Seems like rumours over Pereira joining on loan with an obligation to buy are starting to spread over Twitter. Few rumours we are in talks & another few saying the deal will be announced soon.

WBA seem to still owe us for Diangana, hence why the loan is possible & would be another good bit of business with an obligation to buy in 12 months.
  • Lukerz said:

Seems like rumours over Pereira joining on loan with an obligation to buy are starting to spread over Twitter. Few rumours we are in talks & another few saying the deal will be announced soon.

WBA seem to still owe us for Diangana, hence why the loan is possible & would be another good bit of business with an obligation to buy in 12 months.

This would be another good deal. Would give us options in a couple of positions and again, leaves cash in the pot for a ST and CB which seem to be Moyes' priority.

Milenkovic has been mentioned a bit over the last couple of days; 23-year-old CB with nearly 30 internationals caps already and apparently available at £15m. Would be very happy with him.
  • CHELSEA LOWER ABRAHAM ASKING PRICE

Chelsea have lowered their asking price for striker Tammy Abraham to around £35m to try and drum up interest from Arsenal, West Ham and Aston Villa, say the Sun.

The 23-year-old scored 12 goals in 33 appearances for Chelsea last season.
  • I want a striker soon. Absolutely a priority. We should be able to attract quality as they would get plenty of game time as Antonio will need resting and will probably have injuries. I am sure there is a Czech striker out there somewhere.
  • I want a striker soon. Absolutely a priority. We should be able to attract quality as they would get plenty of game time as Antonio will need resting and will probably have injuries. I am sure there is a Czech striker out there somewhere.

Sima.

Although he's not actually Czech, he plays for Slavia Prague. I think he's the one we'll end up with; in fact, it wouldn't surprise me if a deal is agreed in principal and we're just waiting to see whether we can get Abraham.

Ticks a lot of boxes; can play through the middle and wide right, so offers cover/competition for Antonio and Bowen. Young, averages a goal every other game and has European experience as well.
  • Zouma I can’t see coming. It’s a convenient ploy as Chelsea are in negotiations for a player from Sevilla & Zouma is included as part of the deal, Sevilla want more money than Chelsea are prepared to pay, & now a story has got out that they are in talks with us over Zouma. I’m sure it’s a negotiating tactic.

If it’s not & we do sign him, I will trust Moyes but I have never been convinced by him. Very inconsistent & I would say he’s quite similar to Diop. When he went to Everton I thought that would be a real chance to kick on but he didn’t really do it.
  • Does Zouma want to go to Spain? I thought the Everton fans were sad to see him go back to Chelsea. He does have a mistake in him, but who doesn't? He would be an improvement which is all I'm looking for. I don't think he will be that cheap though.
  • All 'onions' but I'm with Lukerz on Zouma
    Lukerz said:

I will trust Moyes but I have never been convinced by him.

• Dodger58 said:

All 'onions' but I'm with Lukerz on Zouma

Lukerz said:

I will trust Moyes but I have never been convinced by him.

I thought the same about Dawson and he turned out alright
  • Any deals with either of the Prague teams may be delayed as they are in Champions League qualifiers over the next fortnight. Are they likely to hang onto the likes of Sima or Hlozek if they progress?
  • I like Zouma, and I also think Moyes has got improvement out of most of our defenders, so could take him up a level.

He’s also a threat from set-plays, which are a bit part of our game.
  • Any deals with either of the Prague teams may be delayed as they are in Champions League qualifiers over the next fortnight. Are they likely to hang onto the likes of Sima or Hlozek if they progress?

Transfermarkt has Sima listed as a right winger, and Slavia have signed two right wingers this month. Add that to Sima being left out of recent Slavia squads make me think that he's on his way out.

Whether it's to us is another matter, but I have a feeling we'll see him before the window closes.
  • I’m not really keen on Abraham. I don’t think we should be signing him for the rumoured £30m plus. Is he even proven at PL level? Always in & out of the Chelsea side, wastes a load of chances for them but they create/dominate/have more games than we do so he still gets a few. Just think it’s a bit of a risk when we have Antonio, who for me is now a complete striker & one of the best in the league (when fit).
  • Lukerz said:

I’m not really keen on Abraham. I don’t think we should be signing him for the rumoured £30m plus. Is he even proven at PL level? Always in & out of the Chelsea side, wastes a load of chances for them but they create/dominate/have more games than we do so he still gets a few. Just think it’s a bit of a risk when we have Antonio, who for me is now a complete striker & one of the best in the league (when fit).

I like Abraham and think he'd do well for us with a decent run in the team. Obvs helps the English quota and is still young enough to improve.

That said, Sima could be the better deal, i.e. he'd be cheaper and is more versatile. I'd be happy with either.
  • Either or both ;-)
  • Sima's goals per game is rather good. Go get him Moyes
  • Let's keep it that way.
  • Googling around suggests that Fabrizio Romano is a pretty reliable source, praised by 90mins and FourFourTwo

• Fab is the main man
    Here we go….
  • I'm sure that was Oscar Wilde.
  • It wasdefinitely Martin Luther 🤴
  • It will be interesting to see whether Brighton have been shrewd or not. They have sold their Declan Rice for a good price of 50m but they didn't have too much to spare from the relegation places last season. They did not need to sell as he had three years left the same as Declan. The manager will hope he gets the money to reinvest.

Most fans I know or read on the forums seem to want the club to keep Rice for this season even if he refuses to sign a new contract but accept he will have to be sold next summer if that's the case.
  • White - £50m - England squad CB
    Grealish - £100m - England squad midfielder

Rice ? well the going rate for an England squad player is £50m-£100m so we can say he can be north of 3 figures.
  • And United will sign a proven world class CB of Varane for £34m
    British market is crazy!
  • And United will sign a proven world class CB of Varane for £34m
    British market is crazy!

It is, but it’s also down to contract length. Varane’s out of contract next summer, White had 4 years left, Grealish has 3, Rice has 3. It makes a big difference to negotiating.
This discussion has been closed.