Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• alderz said:

On football manager whenever there is a proposed takeover the board put you under a transfer embargo until the “uncertainty” is lifted. I’ve had seasons ruined by failed takeovers!

It's always during the transfer windows as well.....

Absolute nightmare!! And it's only for it to fall through
    The scum won't sell before 2023 as they want to keep every penny that they can squeeze out of the club
    Talking out Footy Manager bud
    I'm not =)
    In reference to your point then,

So should they, as businessmen (which is what football owners are) they would be silly not to make money from it
  • Slacker said:

Excuse my ignorance but isn’t there some kind of clause that says Gold & Sullivan can’t sell up for so many years? Or if they do they face financial penalties?

I think if they sell before 2023 they have to give a percentage to the Govt. or the LLDC.
  • Athletic reporting Klopp is interested in Bowen
  • edited July 2021
    alderz said:

On football manager whenever there is a proposed takeover the board put you under a transfer embargo until the “uncertainty” is lifted. I’ve had seasons ruined by failed takeovers!

It's long been mooted that our transfer policy is based on Little Jack's latest FM save; maybe he's suggested this tactic to his dad to stall any deals 😉
  • alderz said:

It's always during the transfer windows as well.....

Absolute nightmare!! And it's only for it to fall through
    The scum won't sell before 2023 as they want to keep every penny that they can squeeze out of the club
    Ah, the joy of a market economy.
  • Arsenal trying to get Abraham on loan with a view to buy for £40 million & also they are looking to complete a few other big money deals. Villa looking to pay £30m for Bailey but we are at least linked with Beradi this morning.
  • Athletic reporting Klopp is interested in Bowen

I'm a big fan of Bowen, but don't think he's good enough for Liverpool, and would be to expensive for a bench player
  • Athletic says he’s on the shortlist and could be viewed as Shaqiri’s replacement, if he leaves, but also because of his potential to improve. Salah and Mane are aging as well so could work for them. A bit like how they bought Jota who came and played way more than I think anyone expected. Might not be a bad deal for us if we can get in a good championship replacement. He’s been great for us but if we could around double what we bought him for then that might be the type of business we need to be doing.
  • Sorry but if we keep letting our best players leave without any replacements coming in we will be going down the same route as the Women’s team who are still very short on squad numbers (15).
  • Obviously the point of selling him would be to fund a replacement and another player.
  • Sorry but if we keep letting our best players leave without any replacements coming in we will be going down the same route as the Women’s team who are still very short on squad numbers (15).

Ah yes our best players, like Felipe Anderson.....
  • the last few windows outgoings are greater than incoming, I hope Moyes has a plan as a small squad leaves us putting Expat on the bench with Wombat :pleased:
  • WHU, the difference there is “leave” and “left”! 👍. Outcast, I do hope we are not having to sell before we can buy as other clubs don’t appear to be having to do that.
  • WHU, the difference there is “leave” and “left”! 👍. Outcast, I do hope we are not having to sell before we can buy as other clubs don’t appear to be having to do that.

You said "keep letting" i.e. we have already let some key players go
  • It’s a historical problem, Haller? It’s more a comment across both teams as I have said before some of our best women’s players have left and have yet to be sufficiently replaced & I was querying if there was a connection.
  • edited July 2021
    Bowen would not be the sort of player to cash in on, because the profit would not be worth the sale. That's the worst sort of sale sacrifice to raise funds. We spent £20m-£25m on him & for him to be worth selling we'd need a £50m bid. There is no way LFC would bid that, which means they'd end up bidding around £30m-£35m, Bowen would have his head turned, we'd sell a very promising & clever player for only a small profit.

No deal to that. Bowen is a very tidy player, gives us balance, operates in a variety of roles at the top end, hard-working & has been key to our progress over the last year. Of course if they decided to offer £50m-£60m, we would talk, but they won't.
  • West Ham have held initial discussions with Chelsea over Tammy Abraham & Ross Barkley, 90min_Football.
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen would not be the sort of player to cash in on, because the profit would not be worth the sale. That's the worst sort of sale sacrifice to raise funds. We spent £20m-£25m on him & for him to be worth selling we'd need a £50m bid. There is no way LFC would bid that, which means they'd end up bidding around £30m-£35m, Bowen would have his head turned, we'd sell a very promising & clever player for only a small profit.

No deal to that. Bowen is a very tidy player, gives us balance, operates in a variety of roles at the top end, hard-working & has been key to our progress over the last year. Of course if they decided to offer £50m-£60m, we would talk, but they won't.

Amortisation comes into it though

The price of a player is written off across the contract length, so £25mil across 5.5 years, meaning that his amortisation cost right bow would be about £18mil after 18 months

So selling him for £35mil would be a £17mil profit not £10mil etc.

But from a purely technical standpoint, don't think Bowen is worth excess of £40mil, probably not even £35mil although I do like him

So from a footballing perspective even if its not a huge profit, if its above his market value should be considered

But all that aside I don't think theyre interested nor do I think it's anything but a rumour
  • edited July 2021
    Look at Champo providing the google opportunity.. 👀
    amortization
    /əmɔːtʌɪˈzeɪʃ(ə)n/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: amortisation
    the action or process of gradually writing off the initial cost of an asset.
    "due to the amortization of initial costs, the risks of negative working capital are mitigated"
    the action or process of reducing or paying off a debt with regular payments.
    "because of amortization, you’ll own your home by the end of the loan term"
    a period in which a debt is reduced or paid off by regular payments.
    "75% of the mortgages have an amortization of 25 years or less"
  • GALA CLOSING IN ON LARSEN DEAL

Galatasaray look set to win the race to sign one of Denmark’s stars of the Euros – Jens Stryger Larsen.

The Turkish club are closing in on a deal with Udinese for around £3.5m (€4m) for the 30-year-old right-back, who started in the semi-final defeat to England.

Watford – a sister club of Udinese – have been interested in Larsen and he has also been tracked by West Ham.

But Larsen is said to be attracted by the prospect of playing Champions League football for Galatasaray. They face PSV Eindhoven in a second-round qualifier tonight.
  • edited July 2021
    Larsen v Coufal? Who would we prefer? IF it's Larsen who is going to tell Coufal. =)
  • We already have Coufal, Fredericks and Johnson as RB options.

Would be very surprised if we were in the market for another one.
  • Lukerz said:

West Ham have held initial discussions with Chelsea over Tammy Abraham & Ross Barkley, 90min_Football.

What's the deal they are offering 35m for Abraham or 30m for Abraham if we take Barkley?
  • LEVERKUSEN SOUND OUT NAT PHILLIPS

Sky Sports News understands Bayer Leverkusen sounded out Nat Phillips over a return to the Bundesliga.

No bid has been received by Liverpool but we understand an interest was registered with the players agent.

Leverkusen are currently pursuing Club Brugge’s Odilon Kossouno with negotiations at an advanced stage.

Meanwhile Phillips could still get a move to another Premier League club. Brighton see him as a potential replacement for Ben White who is due to have a medical at Arsenal when he returns from holiday.

Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham could also move for the 24 year old but only if they decide to sell one of their current first team centre backs.

On a Southgate hype

On a Southgate hype
    Moyes when Sullivan presents Larsen to him on deadline day:

• Matt Law stirring the pot against regarding Rice

• Maybe this is our new transfer strategy
  • Lukerz said:

Matt Law stirring the pot against regarding Rice

He'll be right eventually
  • Surely you have got to stir the rice tho.. other wise it’s all clumpy and sticks together
This discussion has been closed.