Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• ExWHU is the only source I trust and he indicated it was Moyes wanting to ensure we got the right people in is what is holding us up, which makes sense given his past purchases and I'm good with that

Also yarnolenko looks to be off for around £3mil (figure rumoured) which people aren't happy about

Think some perspective is needed, saw that our total wage bill was £130mil approx per annum which is inclusive of player base salary, bonuses and all other working staff (so Moyes, coaches down to the groundsman)

Yarmo and Anderson BASE salary is £11mil per annum, that's not including any bonuses for playing/scoring etc so that could be closer to £16mil if they stayed this year

So their salaries alone contribute 10% or more of the ENTIRE CLUBE WAGE BILL

This is why we sold them and the £7mil fee helps just inject some immediate cash
  • I read there's no fee for Anderson but the outstanding payment due on his transfer to us
    was wiped off.
  • Danny Ings must be under consideration. 41 goals in 91 appearances over 3 seasons compared to Antonios 26 goals in 83 appearances over the same period.
    For a 'sick note' 30 games a season isn't so bad.
  • IronHerb said:

I read there's no fee for Anderson but the outstanding payment due on his transfer to us
    was wiped off.

Heard that as well, but heard a lot
    €3mil + 50% sell on fee
    £4.2mil
    Those two plus final payment written off
    Just payment written off, assumed to be about £8mil
  • IronHerb said:

Danny Ings must be under consideration. 41 goals in 91 appearances over 3 seasons compared to Antonios 26 goals in 83 appearances over the same period.
    For a 'sick note' 30 games a season isn't so bad.

Yeah, but my fear is that he’d rock up here and his legs would fall off as he walked into the training ground
  • Was it Ings that Sulli upset with his no knees comment ???
  • Charlie Austin?

• Thank you Mrs G, I believe that you are correct
  • I imagine Yarmalenko's wages will go to towards the offer for Rice, add them to what he earns at present and you probably have a decent offer.
  • So Ole has come out and said Lingard is part of his plans

Couple that with the rumours this week about him staying and wanting to fight for his place, seems like this is dead

I'm disappointed and a bit frustrated as I feel like Jesse is kidding himself, but his final few games were a fairer reflection of his ability and think we saw the best of him, we move on

But hey, if it doest work and he doesn't renew, we could always pick him up on a free next year
  • In the same way that Declan is part of Moyes’ plans, but if the right offer comes in ……..
  • So Ole has come out and said Lingard is part of his plans

Couple that with the rumours this week about him staying and wanting to fight for his place, seems like this is dead

I'm disappointed and a bit frustrated as I feel like Jesse is kidding himself, but his final few games were a fairer reflection of his ability and think we saw the best of him, we move on

But hey, if it doest work and he doesn't renew, we could always pick him up on a free next year

Really frustrating thing is I don't think we'll move on. Reading between the lines, it sounds like OGS has told Lingard he'll get an opportunity. If, by the end of the window Lingard has watched the opening few games from the bench he may ask for a move, and given he was our top priority, I expect Moyes will be prepared to wait.

I think this one will go down to deadline day and doing so runs the risk of missing out on potential alternatives.
  • Why do other clubs manage to go after many targets & normally sign most of them but we appear to put all our efforts in one player? I base this belief on what I read or hear reported in the media, before I am asked how I can substantiate this claim. AFC for example are in the process of signing players for a lot of money we aren’t!
  • All our efforts on one player?

Have you been following this thread at all?
  • Honestly there’s so much knicker twisting on here. Just reeeeeelax a bit.
  • It's really the only message OGS could send if he wants to get a good price, how can he say he doesn't want him to stay and expect us to pay a high price. It's a game. They say they want him to stay so we attempt to persuade them to sell. Our response should be that we are most definitely interested in bringing the player to West Ham but understand that he is contracted to Man Utd and if they are not interested in a sale we will have to look to other targets. If our need to get the player is greater than their need to realise a fee for him we will go back to the table first, if their need is greater they will, sadly as the far wealthier club they could forgo a fee for him and use him as back up and in early cup games. We on the other hand will need replace him if he doesn't sign.

The player will influence the matter considerably. If he wants to help United he has to say he will sign a contract extension meaning if it doesn't work out they get a fee next season. If he wants to help us he needs to refuse to sign an extension and say he would like to leave.
  • Various sources claiming that following the arrival of Eric Garcia Barcelona want to loan 26yo CB Clement Lenglet with an option to buy if he plays a certain number of games

Everton and West Ham have been named as possible destinations and alleged we are already in talks

48 appearances in all competitions last season and in the French squad for the Euros but only played the first half of Round of 16 v Switzerland
  • Just to keep the score

Chelsea, Everton, City and Spurs still haven't signed anyone

Arsenal's only signing so far is 21yo FB Nuno Tavares who made 25 appearances (13 starts) for Benfica last season so probably won't make a huge impact.

In fact most of the signings listed on the Premier League website seem to be kids rather than first team players
  • OCS said Really frustrating thing is I don't think we'll move on. Reading between the lines, it sounds like OGS has told Lingard he'll get an opportunity. If, by the end of the window Lingard has watched the opening few games from the bench he may ask for a move, and given he was our top priority, I expect Moyes will be prepared to wait.

I think this one will go down to deadline day and doing so runs the risk of missing out on potential alternatives

Mrs G, This is want I was referring to. The implied comment that we would wait for Lingard and potential miss out, by not actively pursuing, other targets.
  • @6.41 Apologies that should have said what not want. 😬

• Mrs G, This is want I was referring to. The implied comment that we would wait for Lingard and potential miss out, by not actively pursuing, other targets.

What implied comment? Whose comment and what implication? Do you mean OCS?

I'm thinking it would have been more accurate to say that 'I imagine or fear that the club isn't pursuing any other targets'
  • Still, Andy Carroll is available on a free. 😬
  • IronHerb said:

Still, Andy Carroll is available on a free. 😬

Yay
  • I wonder how Everton fans are feeling. Last year it was Ancelotti, James Rodriquez and optimism, and this season it's Andros Townsend and a Liverpool legend
  • Mrs G, Yes I did mean the comment from OCS.

Scenario. There are indications that we, as are many clubs, have a limited transfer budget. Awaits the question where are these indications! IF this is the case do we wait until the Jesse Lingard situation is finally resolved or if a player becomes available which will take any funds put aside to buy him spend the money elsewhere?
  • edited July 2021
    Just for clarity, I'm obviously not an ITK in any way, so my comments were just what I think is likely to happen, i.e. Moyes will wait until the last few days in the hope that Lingard isn't getting much game time at Man Utd and will be more open to coming back.

I'm hoping that the club are working on a Plan B (and C, and D...) in case Lingard remains at Old Trafford, but the clear risk is that B, C and D may be snapped up by someone else in the meantime if we wait too long to move on.
  • The club should know if Lingard is a goer or not ? if he is hesitating then move on.
  • edited July 2021

The club should know if Lingard is a goer or not ? if he is hesitating then move on.

I think we should move on. Seems like his preference is to stay and force his way into the team. He had a decent 45 minutes by all accounts in their last pre-season game and with Rashford likely to be out for a while he may get more minutes than expected. I have no issue with him wanting to stay; he's a Manc and a United fan after all, so why would he want to leave if he genuinely believes OGS is going to play him?

So I think we should be look for someone that actually does want to play for us. Pereira's name has been mentioned for a while and I think he'd do well for us and I'd like to think we're a pretty big step up from West Brom. My preference would be to go for him now rather than wait on the off-chance that Lingard's first choice will eventually let him down.
  • edited July 2021
    We're probably shifting out the dead wood first before any signings
  • Balbuena signed a 4 year contract with Dynamo Moscow on 9th July. They finished 7th so missed out on a Europa League place
This discussion has been closed.