Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• So IF we were to pay £25m for Lingard & we are supposed to have allocated another £30m for a striker how much we will have left to get a CDM and LSD?

Depends who you believe. £85m has been the highest estimate from one of the supposed ITKs, with £50m being the lowest, so based on that we'll have somewhere between £50m and nothing when the AM and ST positions are filled.

I personally think CM won't be addressed (unless Rice is sold). I think it'll be Rice and Soucek as the obvious No1 pairing and then a combination of Noble, Coventry, Ekwah and Lanzini used in the early cup fixtures.

I think we'll get another CB, probably Maksimovic on a free, but won't strengthen at LB until next summer.

So I can see a spend of £50-£55m and a couple of loans and freebies brought in to cover the players we've already lost.
  • Depends how much we get for Deccers. 😀
  • West Ham will use some of the wages freed up by Felipe Anderson's Lazio transfer to try and tie Declan Rice down to a bumper new deal (The Sun).
  • So IF we were to pay £25m for Lingard & we are supposed to have allocated another £30m for a striker how much we will have left to get a CDM and LSD?

Blimey, the price of acid has shot up since my day.

• And a Cadburys Dairy Milk as well
  • Reports we have alledgely bid for Johnstone, we are signing Arelo on loan from PSG with option to buy , we are in for Abraham/Ings/Onauchu and every single player in the Czech league
  • The Johnstone bid is on the BBC. We've offered half of what they want, which either means we have no intention of buying him, we'll be offering something between our offer and their asking price next, or we're just using it to try and hurry someone else up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57791313
  • Or is Areola being used to hurry West Brom up?

If we're honest, it is much more likely that we'll get Areola on loan rather than pay £15-20m for Johnstone.
  • Yagiz Sabuncuoglu of Turkish sport website VOLE has tweeted

Ozel. Fenerbahçe, Andriy Yarmolenko için West Ham United’a teklif yaptı.

Translates

Special. Fenerbahce made an offer to West Ham United for Andriy Yarmolenko
  • He only has 1 year left on his contract...we'd be mad to bid £20mil for him

Think Arreola is the superior keeper as well, much prefer a loan with obligation to buy for him rather than Johnstone
  • Isn't there an issue with those good keepers who get relegated. Etheridge and Butland come to mind and Ramsdale has now been relegated twice. So Arreola and Johnstone have something to improve upon.
  • edited July 2021
    Slacker, I will need to find something to numb the pain of no transfers so far! =)

Expat, I'll be turning to comfort eating chocolate to try and give me a buzz as I don't want to have to resort to the other option (above). =)
  • Wasn’t Fabianski relegated when we got him?

Fenerbahce are extremely broke. Even the Ozil deal (when they asked fans to contribute to his wages) was dodgy, I don’t know how they’d pay Yarmolenko if he’s really on so much with us.
  • Wasn’t Fabianski relegated when we got him?

He was, Swansea finished 18th 2017-18, he had one year left on his contract and we agreed a £7m deal in June 2018
  • Exception to the rule. 🤔
  • Spanish champions Atletico Madrid have been linked with Manchester United's 28-year-old England midfielder Jesse Lingard, who is also wanted by West Ham where he impressed on loan last season. (90min)
  • It's crazy to me how bad transfer journalism has gotten now. Remember 10 years ago when every rumour on the gossip column was taken from a national newspaper? I'm not saying they were good, but at least there was some form of reputation attached to each of them. Now it's literally like "Per Mertesacker is a target for West Ham United (whu606)" and that gets picked up by someone who's actually paid to right this stuff. It's madness.
  • Tru dat Ald

Exciting innit tho bruv
  • Tru dat Ald

Exciting innit tho bruv

• edited July 2021
    alderz said:

It's crazy to me how bad transfer journalism has gotten now. Remember 10 years ago when every rumour on the gossip column was taken from a national newspaper? I'm not saying they were good, but at least there was some form of reputation attached to each of them. Now it's literally like "Per Mertesacker is a target for West Ham United (whu606)" and that gets picked up by someone who's actually paid to right this stuff. It's madness.

I can still remember Ron Greenwood, in an interview, when asked about transfer rumours he said”What you read in the papers is about 10% of what really goes on.”

• Anderson has gone.
  • It must be a slow day for the press. Sky report West Ham are interested in Lingard..... really? That's up to date news!
  • The speculation is up and down my friend.. bit like a 🪀 🪀 🪀
  • yo-yo, No I think it’s due to there being nothing new to report on the transfer rumours for us whilst quite a few other clubs have different updates during the day but some of them are probably untrue.
  • yoyo said:

It must be a slow day for the press. Sky report West Ham are interested in Lingard..... really? That's up to date news!

Good news about Mafeking though innit?

• Why has Leicester signed Ryan Bertrand from the Saints
  • Good news about Mafeking though innit?
    Well that's a relief.
  • alderz said:

It's crazy to me how bad transfer journalism has gotten now. Remember 10 years ago when every rumour on the gossip column was taken from a national newspaper? I'm not saying they were good, but at least there was some form of reputation attached to each of them. Now it's literally like "Per Mertesacker is a target for West Ham United (whu606)" and that gets picked up by someone who's actually paid to right this stuff. It's madness.

Anyone want to startup a transfer rumour website? $$$
  • Pick me pick me 👋🏻

• Good news about Mafeking though innit?

Who have we signed him from?
This discussion has been closed.