Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Soucek scored 10 goals. Not sure how many he is expected to score but that wasn't the main reason we bought him.
  • So Real Madrid want Soucek as well as Mbappe? Where is all their money coming from, oh I forgot they are still in the European Super League. 🤨
  • They'll probably get money from the Spanish government or a Spanish bank.
  • They should be getting the Spanish archer. =)
  • Apparently Lazio have confirmed the signing of Anderson today
  • Strong rumours too that we're close to agreeing a loan deal for Areola.

No future at PSG and keen to remain in London, there will be an option to buy at the end of the deal, according to a couple of French media outlets.

Nothing from Ex to confirm nor deny. C&H raining on the parade saying GK isn't a priority for Moyes.
  • Hopefully it includes a sell on clause in case he hits form again over the next couple of years
  • yoyo said:

Hopefully it includes a sell on clause in case he hits form again over the next couple of years

Only rumours, but heard that apparently we get 50% of any future transfer

But he's in 28 now and Lazio don't gain much from selling him now if he does get into form
  • Football Insider reckon we're favourites to sign Tammy Abraham and that Chelsea may accept £35m or possibly even £30m with add ons

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-west-ham-in-pole-position-to-sign-abraham-as-new-asking-price-revealed/
  • Right, Moyes is back and the Euros are over. Our transfer window starts now. Who will be first through the door?
  • It's not August yet.
  • I have no idea what kind of budget Moyes is working to but if we could get Lingard and Abraham in for around 60-70 m I would be a very happy old cockney fella.
  • Lingard, Abraham and some Eastern European geezer we've never heard of on loan with an option to buy at the end of season for tuppence ha'penny
  • Slacker said:

I have no idea what kind of budget Moyes is working to but if we could get Lingard and Abraham in for around 60-70 m I would be a very happy old cockney fella.

If we spend that on those 2 we've got dreadful value imo
  • Slacker said:

I have no idea what kind of budget Moyes is working to but if we could get Lingard and Abraham in for around 60-70 m I would be a very happy old cockney fella.

If we spend that on those 2 we've got dreadful value imo
    I don’t really want to play it but when you think about it £30m is kind of the going rate for a player like Abraham. Young English striker with 1 in 3 record in the PL for Chelsea and more than a goal every other game in the Championship. If you think about what players like Watkins went for we’d be really lucky to get Abraham for less than £30m I think. Not sure I want him but if Moyes has an idea of how he fits in then fair enough.
  • £30m for Abraham, but certainly no more than £15-20m for Lingard absolute tops. Slacker is suggesting £10-£20m more for the pair, which is way too much imo.
  • I'm personally a big fan of Abraham. When he's given game time he scores goals. For me, £30m - £40m seems about right, given the cost of other players. As Outcast says, if Watkins was £30m, and Benrahma was £25m, with no Premier League experience at all, then someone who has has better than one in two (in terms of minutes played) over the past two seasons is easily worth more than that.

(3257 league minutes in 2019/20 and 2020/21, 21 league goals)
  • Abraham for £30mil will be good value imo, but £40mil isn't

Getting Arreola on a loan with an option to buy is a really good start to the window imo

Love Fab, he's been fantastic but don't feel like he save us like he used too, plus injuries are becoming more and more common for him

Striker has to be priority, followed up by a CM for cover (I still want to see what Coventry can do) and another winger, if that's Lingard or someone else

Then finally looking at CB, we need another body. The links to the Fiorentina lad has gone a bit cold

Arreola (Loan)
    Tammy (or other) £30mil
    Lingard (or other) £15mil
    CM (cover) £15mil
    CB £20mil

That's £80mil there, I'd be shocked if we spent that much, although the above would he a brilliant window

Perhaps move on Yarmolenko if we can and possibly some of the youth who likely aren't going to make it (Xande, Holland etc.)
  • Oh well, I'm over the Euro's already, now back to normality ..... Have we signed anyone yet!?
  • West Ham News & Views
    @WestHamViews_
    ·
    1h
    West Ham target Roman Yaremchuk is following the club on Instagram and liking posts about the team...
  • Blimey, we've just lost the Euro's to tge Italians and there's a link to Roman Yarme chuk is that a wind up???
  • £30m for Abraham, but certainly no more than £15-20m for Lingard absolute tops. Slacker is suggesting £10-£20m more for the pair, which is way too much imo.

At the end of the day it’s what the club are willing to pay. I’m suggesting that they are two proven premier league and English internationals which don’t come cheap.

• I've seen this reported a few times now, apparently our new head of recruitment can't start until September as Manchester City won't release him without a notice period, and have put him on gardening leave.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newman-agrees-to-join-west-ham-after-offer-accepted/
  • edited July 2021
    Moyes has done pretty well up until now without a head of recruitment, I'm sure he'll be able to cope for another couple of months
  • alderz said:

I've seen this reported a few times now, apparently our new head of recruitment can't start until September as Manchester City won't release him without a notice period, and have put him on gardening leave.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-newman-agrees-to-join-west-ham-after-offer-accepted/

Should've got our business done early... :p
  • Anderson to Lazio also on the BBC website.
  • We got next to nothing for him, but at least we didn't have to buy out his contract; it's a result with how things are as he had no contribution to make this coming season and then he woulda left for nothing. Now we just need to get rid of Yarmalenko, which should be doable after a fairly decent showing at the Euros, and we'll have removed most of the deadwood, especially those on big money (I refuse to include Reid as "deadwood", although whether he has anything to offer us any more I'm really not too sure).
  • No, Reid is 'deadwood" now.
  • You think he's at that stage, now?
This discussion has been closed.