The Kaiser Chiefs, so I've heard.
  • edited July 2021
    Hiccup
  • yoyo said:

Good news about Mafeking though innit?

Who have we signed him from?
    The Kaiser Chiefs, so I've heard.

Hiccup
  • Carry on like this and I predict a riot..
  • http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/07/16/transfer-news-west-ham-united-set-sights-on-maxi-gomez/

This just shows you how bad things are getting! Someone has seen fit to post this yet again.........
  • http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2021/07/16/transfer-news-west-ham-united-set-sights-on-maxi-gomez/

This just shows you how bad things are getting! Someone has seen fit to post this yet again.........

All we need now are links to Bacca and Batshuayi for our "marquee striker" this summer
  • £50m deal for Ben White, England squad player

What does that make Declan?
  • I bet G&S had made a note of that! I wonder what they would take?
  • edited July 2021
    If Harry Maguire is £80m, I would say Declan needs to be at least £85m before any sort of email replies are sent
  • Post on KUMB, don't shoot the messenger, who knows where it came from or how accurate....: Turkish media are reporting now that Yarmolenko's transfer to Fenerbahce will go trough next week when we will announce the signing of Breel Embolo ...Swiss centre forward
  • edited July 2021
    🪀🔫
  • 90min.com linked us with Breel Embolo on Wednesday

https://www.90min.com/posts/exclusive-west-ham-transfer-news-enquire-borussia-monchengladbach-breel-embolo

Turkish outlet Haber365 claimed Yarmolenko had agreed terms with Fenerbahce on Monday and that he'd been in talks with Besiktas

https://www.haber365.com.tr/fenerbahce-andriy-yarmolenko-ile-anlasma-sagladi-g59228
  • I liked the look of Embolo in the Euros.
  • Martin Braithwaite doing the rounds again 🤔
  • Lukerz said:

If Harry Maguire is £80m, I would say Declan needs to be at least £85m before any sort of email replies are sent

Maguire is 28 years old so I think that alone puts Rice at 100m plus if comparing the two due to the sell on value being very different. If Maguire is sold in three years time he would still command a decent fee but the buyer would know that's his last fee, were someone to buy Rice now they would know in three years time he would not only command a very high fee but arguably be at his peak.
  • Ex has popped onto Twitter to basically say no outfield players are close to joining but the club will be making enquiries soon.

Four weeks until the season kicks off and we're three players down, and, by all accounts, actively trying to bin off a fourth, and are still at the enquiries stage.

Fairly confident our starting XI for Newcastle won't feature any new signings.
  • It may not, but that’s because we had a good starting 11 anyway.

The main thing is we have additions by the time the window shuts. I’m pretty confident we will.
  • We have a good starting XI if everyone is available. Antonio will lead the line throughout pre-season so there's every chance he'll be miss the Newcastle game through injury. Will Rice be match fit in four weeks time given he'll have at least two weeks off?

So there's a real chance we could go into that first game with Noble and Odubeko starting. Would anyone be happy with that if it came to it?

Maybe I'm just being impatient, but it feels like the club haven't done anything since the last window to get deals in place. Seven months on from selling Haller and we're no closer to replacing him. We struggled to replace Rice during his injury last season and haven't done anything to address the lack of strength in depth in that department either.

In fact, the only deal that looks close is for a 'keeper; a position where we already have three senior players.

Just hope we don't waste the window chasing Lingard and Abraham if neither is likely.
  • I think it's way to early to panic, the board know without doubt we cannot enter the new season without significant additions to the squad, they will come I feel sure. The question is rather how good will they be when they arrive?
  • edited July 2021
    OCS, That is so typical of us if it's true. Other clubs are signing players I really can't fathom why we find it so difficult & rest assured you are being far from impatient.

c&bsky, There is no need to sign any new players if they aren't going to be any good. Haven't we learnt anything from our many past mistakes, oh I forgot we are dealing with GSB here.

Just off to the garden where no one will hear my screams of frustration.
  • If Rice and Soucek aren't ready for the start of the season then it would be the same for every Premier League player that got through to the last 16, so no Kane, no Sterling, no Maquire, no Morata, no Holjberg, etc. Somehow I expect all those players will be fit and ready for the opening weekend

We didn't replace Haller cos Moyes didn't fancy any of the strikers that were available during the January window and he doesn't want another "Hugill".

I trust Moyes to do whatever he thinks best for the team so I'm not going to worry too much between now and the end of the transfer window
  • Me to wife, " Listen.....can you hear something?"
  • edited July 2021

We didn't replace Haller cos Moyes didn't fancy any of the strikers that were available during the January window and he doesn't want another "Hugill".

I get that, but Moyes and Sullivan have had seven months since then to sort something out, yet here we are a month from the new season at the 'making enquiries' stage. Surely those enquiries should have been made between the two windows.

If, as Sullivan himself said, Moyes had £30m in January to buy a striker, then surely he has that now. I'm pretty sure that Chelsea would accept £30m for Abraham.

If, as I fear, that £30m will have to be used to replace both Haller and Lingard, then we're in a bigger financial mess than I thought.
  • OCS, The word that springs to mind is it is a “shambles”! We don’t appear to be getting our DoF that can do his magic until after the current window closes. I thought DM wanted his new players in early so they could integrate with the existing first team squad? Our first XI may be good but it can be improved upon with a couple or 3 big signings this lad from Belgium is probably the only “big one” we look to be in the market for. From the outside it looks as if there has been a lack of planning I await to be surprised when we finally make the signings we need.
  • Transfers- we know nothing. Er, that’s it.
  • If Rice and Soucek aren't ready for the start of the season then it would be the same for every Premier League player that got through to the last 16, so no Kane, no Sterling, no Maquire, no Morata, no Holjberg, etc. Somehow I expect all those players will be fit and ready for the opening weekend

I trust Moyes to do whatever he thinks best for the team so I'm not going to worry too much between now and the end of the transfer window

The voice of reason.
  • Our squad needs to be better and deeper than last season if we are going to be competitive in the Premier League and in Europe. We need 5 first team signings
  • No one knows what the club is or isn’t doing in the transfer market it’s all pure conjecture we have been a lot better at not leaking stuff to the press . We will only know if we have had a good or bad window at the end of it
  • This👆very much this.
This discussion has been closed.