Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I do as far as playing for us now. He's been a good servant but it's been too long since he played regularly for us and I think he would struggle.
  • Remember when Reid came back after the last hiatus and he just looked shot to bits

I agree, just can't see him being of any use

Would rather use the likes of Alese, Baptiste or Alves
  • IronHerb said:

I do as far as playing for us now. He's been a good servant but it's been too long since he played regularly for us and I think he would struggle.

My comment was obviously too niche... weep

#pun #musicals #chortle
  • SSN have got a separate tab for the “old big six” with all their transfer rumours, ours would be blank page. 😃
  • Most recent stories I have seen are Arbelo (GK) Lingard , Yaremchuk ,Abraham . Sure the now the euro's are over the made up rumours and agent planted stories will get going soon :-)
  • Anderson has gone. You want more?
  • SSN have got a separate tab for the “old big six” with all their transfer rumours, ours would be blank page. 😃

Dawson?
  • Dawson has signed 👍. West Ham appear to be doing a really good job of keeping their negotiations under wraps which is great if we make the signings we need & I include the women’s team in that as I believe they are currently ten players short on the number they had in the squad when last season started.
  • Wasn't Dawson wrapped up during the season after his clause was triggered?

I don't think we'll be able to sell Reid so it's only really Yarmolenko who we can get rid of. Hopefully we can get about £10m after his performances in the Euros.

I don't think we'll be able to sell Reid so it's only really Yarmolenko who we can get rid of. Hopefully we can get about £10m after his performances in the Euros.

Dawson was signed last season, so he doesn't count as a summer signing.

I've read that Yarmolenko will be let go for nothing, which given his performances this summer would be ridiculous if true.
  • Well that's £5.2m off the wage bill is true.

I've read that Yarmolenko will be let go for nothing, which given his performances this summer would be ridiculous if true.
    It could be because his wages are so high. Obviously I'd like us to get a fee, but letting him go for nothing is better than having to pay off some or all of his remaining contract.
  • MrsGrey said:

You think he's at that stage, now?

Yes, he has come on earlier in his career and is now over the hill as far as I am concerned.
  • IronHerb said:

Well that's £5.2m off the wage bill is true.

Wasn't Dawson wrapped up during the season after his clause was triggered?

It could be because his wages are so high. Obviously I'd like us to get a fee, but letting him go for nothing is better than having to pay off some or all of his remaining contract.
    I'm all for getting him off the wage bill, but we should be able to get a fee for him too. He's not suited to a Moyes team, but it's not as if he's a terrible player.
  • edited July 2021
    I can't see us getting £10m for him but surely something?
  • I think £10m is a reasonable figure. I could certainly imagine us paying it if we were the buying club and there are plenty of other clubs as wasteful as us. I might reconsider that if we do end up giving him for free
  • Like Shevchenko at Chelsea and many other players Anderson was a square peg in a round hole. He just didn't "fit" the Premier League

Nice try, didn't work, hope he does well back in Italy
  • Seems like Ex has said that Moyes and Sullivan have meetings planned to discuss targets and will create a shortlist based on who represents the best value.

How can we be a month away from the start of a new season and only be discussing targets now? We've needed a striker since January.

Dawson officially became a West Ham player on 1 July 2021, up until then he was still under contract with Watford

The club announced that they were exercising the option to buy clause on 6th April but it was rumoured that the transfer fee was dependent on how many games he played and other factors so that wasn't settled until the end of the season.
  • Ex was asked on Twitter about Winston Reid, reckons "the club may come to an agreement with him"
  • "MrsGrey">You think he's at that stage, now?
    You better get yer gun, Mrs G...

• Seems like Ex has said that Moyes and Sullivan have meetings planned to discuss targets and will create a shortlist based on who represents the best value.

How can we be a month away from the start of a new season and only be discussing targets now? We've needed a striker since January.

I would imagine it’s a rolling process tbh. They won’t have left it this late to sit down and say “ Right, what do we need Dave?”

• edited July 2021
    Here's a fun example of how awful the football media is these days.

This is an article about the 'break out stars' of the Euros - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57820039

In it, they discuss Patrik Shick, and say:

Striker Schick scored five times at the Euros, including a stunning long-range strike against Scotland, but was pipped to the Golden Boot by Ronaldo.

The 25-year-old scored 13 goals for Bayer Leverkusen last term and has been linked with a move to West Ham, where he would join compatriots Tomas Soucek and Vladimir Coufal.

The "link" in question, is a hyperlink to this article - https://greenstreethammers.com/2021/06/29/west-ham-patrick-schick-dream-transfer/ - which includes this section:

The only thing that links the two parties together is Soucek and Coufal’s high praises of their fellow Czech. The way he is playing this tournament makes it hard to focus on any other center-forward rumor that’s out there. If he becomes an option for the Hammers, they better make it happen soon before other interested buyers make their way.

Person Writes an Opinion Online >> Opinion Gets Cited as a Genuine News Source by Publicly Funded News Agency
  • See we are linked to Wolves Traore today Moyes to play him in the Antonio role upfront
  • See we are linked to Wolves Traore today Moyes to play him in the Antonio role upfront

I can't see him joining tbh, but if he did I really hope he wouldn't play upfront! The guy has literally no composure!
  • A bit like Antonio in that every time i watch him feel like his hamstring is going to go ,So no thanks my nerves cant take it
  • alderz said:

See we are linked to Wolves Traore today Moyes to play him in the Antonio role upfront

I can't see him joining tbh, but if he did I really hope he wouldn't play upfront! The guy has literally no composure!
    So just the 'Antonio' type player that Moyes is reported to be looking for. 😂
  • Even after a relatively quiet season Wolves will still want way more than we'll be prepared to pay imo.
  • The Athletic says Man U want £30m for Lingard and we are offering £20m but as he's in the last year of his contract there should be room for negotiation.

£25m?
  • So IF we were to pay £25m for Lingard & we are supposed to have allocated another £30m for a striker how much we will have left to get a CDM and LSD?
This discussion has been closed.