Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• It’s more I think that the players don’t want the distraction whilst playing in a major tournament.
    So transfers get put on hold.
    Then they go on their holidays
    And then it’s mid to end of July..
    Imo of course
  • Better plan would be to sort out a player’s future & then go on a break?
  • I dunno
    Long hard season
    Followed by the Euros
    2 weeks ☀️ and a couple of 🍹 sounds good to me..
    before making any decisions..
  • I am not trying to be a pain but if a player we really want to sign, & who has played in the latter stages of the Euros, doesn’t decide to join us until the end of July he will only have 3 weeks before the EPL starts? I’ve been chastised by a few on here for saying we need to get a few deals done soon than …. but later shouldn’t be a couple of weeks before the season starts.
  • Oh I completely agree Fortune, the sooner the deals are done the better.
    But with a major tourney going on the majority of the deals happen later.
    Also it’s the knock on affect. With Sancho likely to got to United.. how do Dortmund then re invest that money.. un likely in the premier league.. so it’s just a waiting game.
    Frustrating I know..
  • Completed transfers by Premier League clubs so far:

https://www.skysports.com/football/transfer-deals

There have been two notable deals across the 20 clubs, Buendia and Konate. A lot of clubs have signed nobody, many of whom finished below us last season.

Even the signings other clubs have made are youngsters, free transfers or nobodies, aside from Buendia and Konate.
  • I know we shouldn’t be influenced by much, if at all, by what is pumped out by the various media sources but alot of other clubs appear to be active in trying to set up deals. AFC, CFC, MUFC, MCFC & LCFC are all looking to conclude deals. It’s all well and good keeping your cards close to your chest but just for once when we announce a deal it would be nice to have beaten one of the so called big six to a signing like Leicester are doing with Daka & Soumane.
  • I’m not worried about beating a ‘big six’ club to a signing. I just want us to sign who we, Moyes, want whether anyone else is interested or not.
    A lot of the discussions going on now would’ve with agents so if the player is at the Euros or on holiday doesn’t really matter at this stage.
  • I know we shouldn’t be influenced by much, if at all, by what is pumped out by the various media sources but alot of other clubs appear to be active in trying to set up deals.

Would that conclusion be based on believing what is pumped out by the various media, or do you have secret sources??? B)
  • LAZIO OPEN TO ANDERSON RETURN

Lazio are discussing the potential return of Felipe Anderson from West Ham.

There is talk in Italy of a permanent deal for just under £8.6m (€10m) for the Brazil winger, who has only a year left on his Hammers contract.

Anderson still needs to be convinced about returning to Lazio but manager Maurizio Sarri likes the player.

Anderson is waiting to see if his future can be back in Rome while he is preparing to start pre-season with West Ham in the next few days.

The 28-year-old spent last season on loan at Porto where he played only 10 times in all competitions
  • Mrs G, NO I learnt my lesson along time ago not to believe we are actually buying someone from what is reported in the media as it just ends up we me being very disappointed a lot of the time with who we end up signing and who we are linked with ending up going elsewhere. Patson Daka being a good example.
  • marko arnautovic Set to join Bologna
  • Ex has reported that although we're interested in Firpo, the club has concerns that he hasn't played in the PL before so want a loan-to-buy deal (wasn't an issue with Coufal, but hey...)

If we accept this as true, who realistically can we get at left-back? Van Aanholt would be the obvious choice for Sullivan, given that he's free, but who else is there in our price range? Maybe one of Alonso or Emerson from Chelsea? Ryan Bertrand? Enda Stevens?

Or do you think we'll go into the season with Cresswell, Masuaku and Johnson as our options?
  • I personally would like a new LB, or at least someone who would press Cresswell who defensively isn't upto it.
  • IronHerb said:

I personally would like a new LB, or at least someone who would press Cresswell who defensively isn't upto it.

Me too. It's been done to death on here, but none of our current options are, IMO at least, good enough for what we need; a player that is comfortable at left back and left wing-back.
  • If it's a loan to buy are we not committed anyhow? regardless of how he does. Unless it's an option to buy I guess which simply wont happen if Barca have other potential customers willing to give a guaranteed sale.
  • Not really sure who he is or how good he is so ngl I'm not really bothered

Also thought he was young, like 21/22 but he's actually 25 before the season starts

I know he played for a giant club like Barca but for a 25 year old he hasn't played a lot of football
  • edited June 2021
    Can't see us spending best part of £13m on a full back tbh. Isn't Masuaku our most expensive full back, at about £6m? With the small transfer kitty and the number of players we need, I don't think this ever had legs unless Barca were going to accept a loan deal, which always seemed optimistic at best.
  • OCS, Papers are reporting Alonso is expected to go to Barcelona to replace Firpo & Bertrand due to sign for Leicester. This is just the start of the list of potential signings being reduced as the days go by.
  • Nico Schira reckons it's £15m and £35k p/w.

That's some deal if Leeds have pulled it off, IMO.

Fortune, it does feel like that sometimes. I can only assume that we've never been that interested in him. Shame, because for that money I think he would have been a very good signing. I have a feeling that LB won't be a position we address this window.
  • LB isn't a priority ahead of striker / cb / midfielder.
  • I am sure it has been mentioned before, but I like the look of Breel Embolo. He would be ideal for the way we play.

Fortune, it does feel like that sometimes. I can only assume that we've never been that interested in him. Shame, because for that money I think he would have been a very good signing. I have a feeling that LB won't be a position we address this window.

Genuine question, you ever seen him play?

They bought him for a deal that could've cost then €30mil and now they're selling him for less than half that

Maybe he has potential unfulfilled, but I'd be worried that a club as cash-strapped as Barca would take such a huge loss on a player who has years ahead of him

Wolves Barca were robbed Wolves blind by Barca paying £30mil for Semedo....ngl hoping the same here goes for Leeds

Genuine question, you ever seen him play?

Yes, I used to watch quite a lot of La Liga a couple of years back when Firpo was at Real Betis. He's very much a modern day FB; likes to get forward a lot and has the pace and fitness to do that very well. Not as strong defensively as I'd like but better than Masuaku in that respect, and someone that I think for £15m and £35k p/w would be a good bit of business.

Bottom line is we're not in a position to buy world beaters across the park, and Firpo certainly isn't that, but he's a better LB than Cresswell, Masuaku and Johnson, IMO, and would be worth that level of investment to improve the team.
  • The common theme is that there are lots of rumours that lots believe, or want to believe, to be true. Same every year, so yeah.
  • edited June 2021
    “With other teams in and around us in the Premier League strengthening left right and centre, there is a real danger that the Hammers could get left behind.”

Who are these teams strengthening left right and centre?

• MIAHammer said:

“With other teams in and around us in the Premier League strengthening left right and centre, there is a real danger that the Hammers could get left behind.”

Who are these teams strengthening left right and centre?

Just more nonsense, trying to stoke outrage for whatever reason. Buendia and Konate are the only real transfers so far.

Everton, Palace and Spurs haven't even got managers yet!
  • edited June 2021
    I would have thought the comment in the first link about trying to buy players on the cheap was sufficient to gain some kind of outrage in itself. It has been said many times before other clubs identify a target, find out the fee required and pay it ,signing concluded, well that is what it appears they do. 😁 Spurs may not have a manager but they still look to be trying to get some new players in?
This discussion has been closed.