Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I think Matt Jarvis is comparable for his time. Did almost nothing but float in useless crosses.
  • Joey Beauchamp, got homesick for Oxford.
  • Jarvis, 90 appearances (66 starts) over three seasons, 6 goals, 8 assists for just £10.75m and we got £2.5m (allegedly) from Norwich when he left.

Not bad...
  • How much?
  • Doesn't that seem peanuts, these days.
  • edited June 2021

Jarvis, 90 appearances (66 starts) over three seasons, 6 goals, 8 assists for just £10.75m and we got £2.5m (allegedly) from Norwich when he left.

Not bad...

Yeah I checked the stats before and that's what my opinion was based on. Felipe Anderson's got 12 goals and 12 assists in 72 games. Obviously he cost a lot more but when you consider the context that Jarvis was the record buy at the time, they're pretty similar. It's just that transfer fees have inflated so rapidly in that period since.

Anderson's frustrating because he had a period of good form so he can do it but I don't see him getting it back.
  • I was going to mention Beauchamp but like others who have been a short waste of space hes not in the same league as Andersen because of the huge fee involved. We simply havent forked out that sort of money for anyone who has totally fallen out of favour. Haller I guess fits in but at least we got fee for him
  • Any comments on 'Manager who has made the worst signings '? I'd be interested to see how Pellegrini ranks...
  • Any comments on 'Manager who has made the worst signings '? I'd be interested to see how Pellegrini ranks...

Anyone who signs and then perseveres with Roberto after his run of gaffs it's Pelle without doubt.
  • edited June 2021

Anyone who signs and then perseveres with Roberto after his run of gaffs it's Pelle without doubt.

He's still at Real Valladolid, 17 apps last season, conceded 24 and kept a clean sheet against Osasuna

The bad news is he got a red card against Real Sociedad, quite an achievement as he was on the bench
  • How much would Isak cost guy is a baller
  • How much would Isak cost guy is a baller

Lots.
  • Remember the hype around Lingard wearing a Rice top for the Croatia game?

He wore a Rashford top last night.

JLingz be playing the fans, man.
  • Rumours say we'd have to offer him a pay rise to get him. I can't see that happening if true ,unless he's incredibly cheap or currently paid peanuts
  • yoyo said:

Rumours say we'd have to offer him a pay rise to get him. I can't see that happening if true ,unless he's incredibly cheap or currently paid peanuts

Isn't he on like £130k a week at United?

Don't think he's worth £20mil + £130k a week let alone more than that
  • This will be a decision made by Man Utd. It’s very unlikely Lingard wants to come here over staying. He’s a northwest lad & is at one of the biggest clubs in the world. His family are all up there, he’s close to his Mum & his young daughter. I don’t think it’s anything against us, I just don’t see him trading that all in permanently unless Man Utd tell him to find a new club & that he has no future there. It would also mean anybody in that area is going to be a more likely destination than us.

It’s a shame as I did enjoy having him here & he was responsible for some brilliant moments. I think he fit in well here & I like his personality.
  • Colchester have signed Sears and Nouble

#clack

• Nouble left Colchester on a free last summer after two seasons, joined Plymouth Argyle, scored on his debut, made 29 more appearances without a goal then went back to Colchester on loan in February.

Obviously he likes it there
  • TOWIE 🥳🥳🥳
  • West Ham United are considering a move for Celtic's French striker Odsonne Edouard, 23, after Leicester City chose to finalise a deal for Red Bull Salzburg's Zambia forward Patson Daka, 22. (Football Insider
  • Edouard career stats 86 goals -185 games against Daka 74 - 152 appearances. Who would be the better option if we had a choice?
  • Edouard career stats 86 goals -185 games against Daka 74 - 152 appearances. Who would be the better option if we had a choice?

Not sure that we do have a choice. Wasn't Daka supposed to have rejected a move to the mighty irons as he wanted to play for a bigger club >:)
  • Are Leicester a bigger club, if you base it purely on recent success then I suppose they are. I reckon he wanted to go to Liverpool whilst Edouard was/is keen to reunite with Brendan so we'll have to watch this space.
  • edited June 2021

West Ham United are considering a move for Celtic's French striker Odsonne Edouard, 23, after Leicester City chose to finalise a deal for Red Bull Salzburg's Zambia forward Patson Daka, 22. (Football Insider

For a moment I read Red Bull Salzburg's Zombie forward

I didn't finish work until after midnight...
  • It seems that the likes of Villa are able to bid and grab the players that they want. These bids are often higher than what WHU seem to be able to make. Why are Villa able to do so? Are they a better run Club or are WHU suffering from past mistakes and stuck with higher wages for some misfits. Or are the board extracting excessive cash (salaries, dividends, interest on loans)?
  • I understand Sergio Ramos is learning English so he can reject Tottenham
  • Pengeman said:

It seems that the likes of Villa are able to bid and grab the players that they want. These bids are often higher than what WHU seem to be able to make. Why are Villa able to do so? Are they a better run Club or are WHU suffering from past mistakes and stuck with higher wages for some misfits. Or are the board extracting excessive cash (salaries, dividends, interest on loans)?

Because their owners are worth over £7b.
    Sullivan is worth c.£1b and Gold probably half of that.
  • Ironherb, so are you saying we need better or should that be richer owners? 😉
  • Interesting quotes from Lingard here: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/12337822/jesse-lingard-admits-being-left-out-of-englands-final-euro-2020-squad-was-emotional

'Regular football is the most important thing to me'

Not being in Manchester or the North-West...
  • Not being in Manchester or the North-West...

On that point, Lingard is still in London. His social media posts from the weekend were made from there, which suggests he's still living down South.

Given that a lot has been made about his desire to stay up North to be with his family, I'm surprised he's spent most of the last four weeks since the season finished in London.
This discussion has been closed.