Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• I know that in the real world this sounds daft, but is Rice really only on 30 k a week?
  • I think we should pay higher wages to Rice, at least to make him feel as wanted here as elsewhere. If he only extends contract by 5mins so be it! Contracts don't seem to mean much anyway - Arnautovic anyone! Hopefully Rice is too loyal(?) to refuse to play like others.
  • edited June 2021
    I'd hope it wouldn't be too much of a struggle to get him to stay another season, at least. I wouldn't expect him to cause too much fuss and you should be able to sell him on seeing whether we make more progress this year. If he carries on his form, he'll be in an even better position to get a big club. And get him on a new contract to ensure his price is high.
  • I feel sure he is being offered a new contract and that it would make him the highest paid player in the squad, however it would naturally mean him signing a new deal and adding another two years at least to three he has left at present. I think he will want to go this year and we will hold him for one more season. I hope so at least.
  • I am not sure what matches some of these Spurs fans are watching but on one forum a fella says If we sell to city we will get £80m for Kane plus a couple of players, maybe Jesus and another, although probably won't get Stirling ! astonishing optimism.
  • I think the correct description is “ entitlement “, you see it a lot with Spurs/ Chelsea/ Man. U fans.
  • edited June 2021
    "Expert in the Transfer Market" Nicolo Schira has said that we've bid £15m for Nikola Milenkovic, but Fiorentina want upwards of £21m.

Schira did break the Haller transfer, but has also previously reported that fees were agreed for Kral and Hlozek which appear to be wide of the mark, so not sure how reliable he is.

Fiorentina have been linked with Anderson, so maybe there's a deal to be done there. If we could get Milenkovic for £12m plus Anderson then I think it's a win all round.
  • Rice will only go on our terms, which is a great position to be in.
  • BBC saying we are 'linked with' Martin Braithwaite. Not seen that one before.
  • HAMMERS SWOOP FOR OKO-FLEX

West Ham have announced the signing of 19-year-old winger Armstrong Oko-Flex after his deal with Celtic expired.

Dublin-born forward Oko-Flex, who moved to Celtic from Arsenal in September 2018, joins the Irons on a two-year contract, with the option of a 12-month extension.

The Republic of Ireland Under-19s international made two senior appearances for Celtic last season, and had a brief trial spell at the West Ham academy towards the end of the campaign.

Oko-Flex, who can also play in a more central attacking role, will initially join up with the West Ham under-23s squad.
  • At the rate we're signing youngsters we're going to have a really good squad in about 5 years...
  • Nah, they'll all be gone in two.
  • Welcome Armstrong
  • Oko-Flex... Sounds like a rubber like substance you can only buy on TV but wait, you can have another one free! Just pay shipping and handling ;)
  • I swear I've delivered to company called Oko-Flex and it made rubber stuff.
  • West Ham and Tottenham are both interested in Fiorentina's Polish goalkeeper Bartlomiej Dragowski, 23. (La Nazione - via Teamtalk)
  • Not good to be buying players without a manager. One would hope that when taking on a manager you would like to present him with a war chest to enter the transfer market, not tell him you yourself just spent it.
  • Spurs have a DoF so there should be continuity
  • IronHerb said:

Spurs have a DoF so there should be continuity

Hopefully continuity of failure, mwa ha ha ha ha =)
  • Leeds United, West Ham and Southampton are all credited with an interest in Barcelona full-back Junior Firpo, 24, with the Spaniard keen to leave the Camp Nou this summer. (Mundo Deportivo - in Spanish)

Burnley will listen to offers for English centre-back James Tarkowski, 28, who has been linked with a move to West Ham. (Football Insider)
  • So with Villa rumoured to be prepared to offer £40m for Abraham and Lingard likely to stay at Man U, we're on course to miss out on our top two targets.
  • Is it to early to say we are entering the “Groundhog Day” scenario? Of course we aren’t as the six top quality players we need will be arriving at the London Stadium by mid July at the latest as DM will have had more than sufficient time to confirm his targets and advise GSB to go out & sign them. 🙏
  • Sky Sport Italia reckon Anderson could go back to :Lazio but they only want to pay €9m (£7.7m)

Better than letting him go on a free
  • Just because a newspaper says Villa are offering doesn't mean Abraham is now a Villa player. Nor do we know if Abraham is even a target.

And we hear every single scenario on Lingard on a weekly basis, so I think we should just wait and see. With Man Utd signing Sancho, he will get less game time than he got before.
  • It’s way too early for doom and gloom on the transfers front. We’ve got another two months or so yet.
  • Just because a newspaper says Villa are offering doesn't mean Abraham is now a Villa player. Nor do we know if Abraham is even a target.

And we hear every single scenario on Lingard on a weekly basis, so I think we should just wait and see. With Man Utd signing Sancho, he will get less game time than he got before.

Wait and see is not ideal for a transfer speculation thread...
  • OCS, wait and see isn’t normally the best policy for any transfer plans. 👍
  • I would imagine most clubs have scouts at the Euro's. I can't see much happening while they're going on
  • Then the players involved will go on 2 weeks hols..
  • Dont most clubs know already about the players at the Euro`s if not theres someting wrong with a clubs scouting ploicy
This discussion has been closed.