Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Maybe they are escaping the delta wave and are in London too?
  • Given that a lot has been made about his desire to stay up North to be with his family, I'm surprised he's spent most of the last four weeks since the season finished in London.

He would have been with England for the first couple of weeks.

• Perhaps he's on his hols.
  • Obviously there are any number of reasons why he could be staying down south, I was just making an observation. If the Manchester pull was as strong as some were suggesting I'm a bit surprised that's he'd spending his downtime where he's spent the last six months.
  • Man City are reported to have bid £100M for Kane.
  • edited June 2021
    Maybe he's got a new girlfriend down here...

I'm an old romantic (who used to be a New Romantic).
  • One of the pictures showed him at a pub in the North West watching the Croatia game with some of his friends & I can't be sure he wasn't doing the same for the Scotland match?
  • One of the pictures showed him at a pub in the North West watching the Croatia game with some of his friends & I can't be sure he wasn't doing the same for the Scotland match?

That was up north was it? Ok, so my point maybe be somewhat moot.

As you were.
  • I guess spending the last 12 years in USA has put distance in perspective. What I considered a long (or longish) journey in UK now is a lot different. Add to that being a very wealthy man with plenty of time on your hands, then bouncing up and down the country doesnt seem a big deal whether you're in Manchester or London...
  • A KUMB user has quoted Ex saying that we're close to signing two more Academy players.

Armstrong Okoflex (Wikipedia says he's a 19 year old winger who currently plays for Celtic) and Adler Nascimento (Wikipedia: 17 year old Portuguese forward (Big Oli) who plays for Peterborough).

If these go through it'll be four new players for the U23s already.
  • Both of those have played first team football this season too. Okoflex has played twice for Celtic in the league, and Nascimento made his debut for Peterborough in May.
  • The Stats man, just the Stats
  • edited June 2021
    Also, just looked up that Okoflex, and found this article. Apparently he's so highly rated that we'll be considering him a first team option.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/west-ham-set-to-sign-celtic-player-armstrong-okoflex-and-he-could-be-in-contention-for-the-first-team-claims-insider/

EDIT: I just read more of the article, and we aren't considering him a first team option at all.

ANOTHER EDIT: I just finished the article, and it turns out his first team appearances were from when all those Celtic players broke Covid law and got banned. What a wild ride.
  • I think all comments should be like this!
  • edited June 2021
    I've just looked up Adler Nascimento again and found this article.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/01/07/no-one-can-steal-him-chairman-says-wolves-and-brighton-want-to-sign-exciting-teen/

I read all of this one because I've learned my lesson from 10 minutes ago, but basically the Peterborough chairman said in January that he wouldn't be available on the cheap, and a £200k figure that was being touted at the time was way too low.

He specifically said:

Probably four clubs have put in offers like that but what they didn’t realise was that he’s already signed a pre-pro contract for when he turns 17, which allows us to set a price we want.

Which basically suggest it's not just an academy transfer like we've seen with other players. This lad will actually cost money, and, at 16, I can't see us spending it.

EDIT: Hi Herb!
  • The main question to ask is: are Brentford trying to buy any of them?
  • I'm just waiting for further edits. 😉
  • Any relation to Edson Arantes do Nascimento ( Pele) ?
  • Daily Mail saying we are no longer interested in signing Tarkowski so can we expect him to join us shortly?
  • Wolves and West Ham are interested in Burnley's England defender James Tarkowski, 28, who is about to enter the final year of his contract at Turf Moor. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Or West Ham have opted not to make a move for Tarkowski, who is also attracting interest from Leicester City. (Mail)
  • I read yesterday that Burnley have agreed a deal with Stoke for CB Nathan Collins, which could potentially mean Tarkowski will be allowed to go.
  • Don’t see what all the fuss is over Tarkowski. Is he really that great? I don’t seem to remember him being very memorable against us last season. Not worth the money talked about last summer;; we’d be better off investing in other positions.
  • I agree Scotshammer, to me he’s a decent centre half but is he any better than what we have? Having said that now that Balbuena’s gone we do need cover.
    Moyes obviously sees something in him though, so that’ll do for me.
  • With only one year left on his contract he should be considerably cheaper than last year. If Moyes says he's the right man then fair enough
  • Several outlets stating that Rice has said he’s now open to a move to a bigger club as long as the terms are right.
    I think he’s getting his head turned by some of the England squad
  • Or media outlets are looking to fill column inches, as usual.
  • Or perhaps he does want to go and treble/quadruple his wages.
  • His best mate has a CL winners medal and regularly has CL football. He may be thinking our season must have been a one off
  • Thing is, Rice is on something like £30k a week, which considering he's our best midfielder (probably our best centre back too), our captain, a full international and the club's poster-boy, is peanuts really. Maybe after another stellar season he was hoping to be offered a new deal more in line with the likes of Yarmolenko and Anderson, who have contributed almost nothing in comparison.

It's possible of course that a new contract is being discussed and he's prepared to commit to five more years at West Ham; but it's just as likely that he feels ready to move on and compete at the highest club level, which unfortunately we're not close to.
This discussion has been closed.