Transfer Speculation (1st June onwards)

Comments

• Fastidious

very attentive to and concerned about accuracy and detail.

You’re welcome
  • Meanwhile C&H reckons Lingard was waiting until Moyes signed a new contract and negotiations are now underway
  • I trust them less than the Sun
  • If Lingard had developed into OGS's plans then obviously he'd want to remain there. However, when it sinks in that Van Der Beek cant get in past Bruno, Greenwood is going to get better (right or centrally), Cavani is staying, Martial cant have a worse season than last, Rashford will always be in front of him on the other side and he'll be kicking his heels with Mata plus James talking about Sanchos arrival... I'd say he should already have a fair idea of how much game time he'll get and that will be derogatory to his England chances. Suddenly, its a case of that place where everyone likes me, the manager has faith in me and I'll play every week and enjoy the Europa trophy I'll win... Or maybe I'll try my luck away from West Ham?

For me, we are an attractive alternative or we get really lucky and snap up Pereira and shock the Prem!

#simple
  • MrsGrey said:

Slacker said:

The Sun claiming that Lingard has told Solskjaer that he wants to stay at Man U

I took the bait and read the article in the Sun

You have the thanks of a grateful (and fastidious) forum.
    I’ve had two showers and my wife has given me some paracetamol so I should be ok.

• It's ok, they expect to have a vaccine in 12 months.
  • David Martin has signed a one-year contract extension, so I think it's safe to assume we won't be getting a new 'keeper this summer.
  • It's also helpful to West Ham and exactly what I would suggest he did in regard negotiation.

Say to Man Utd I want to play for Man Utd and happy to fight for my place, I wont sign a new contract however. If he is not in OGS plans then they have to say we don't want you to do that as you are not in our plans but don't want to lose you without a fee. This has changed it from the selling club holding the cards to the buying club holding a strong hand, as they can say we will wait and If he hasn't secured a place with you he can come for free next season.

If Lingard and West Ham are united in the plan there is no way United can extort a higher than reasonable fee.
  • David Martin has signed a new one year contract, Fabianski signed a new contract in March so unless we are looking to sell Randolph (contract until 2023) I don't see us signing Sam Johnstone this summer

Corriere dello Sport says we want to sell Anderson and the Pope is Catholic. Lazio supposedly interested
  • edited June 2021
    Well, the reports about what Arnautovic supposedly said about Albanian mothers explain how he was behaving after he scored. His apology also references Albania, which you’d think he wouldn’t if he hadn’t said it. He doesn’t deny it either. What a nasty little man. Well done to Alaba for shutting him up.

I don’t want to see another rumour linking us to him. If Moyes gets asked it, there should be a clear answer now.
  • Was it Obiang? ( I think it was ) who, when they left, did a really nice message to the fans? And then you have Arnautovic. Regardless of "so called talent", Some people have natural class and some don't.
  • Well, the reports about what Arnautovic supposedly said about Albanian mothers explain how he was behaving after he scored. His apology also references Albania, which you’d think he wouldn’t if he hadn’t said it. He doesn’t deny it either. What a nasty little man. Well done to Alaba for shutting him up.

I don’t want to see another rumour linking us to him. If Moyes gets asked it, there should be a clear answer now.

Same for Soucek?
  • What has Soucek got to do with it?
  • Juventus and Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey looks set for a Premier League return. The 30-year-old has been linked with Crystal Palace, West HamUnited and Everton, as well as former club Arsenal. (Calciomercato - in Italian)

Burnley defender James Tarkowski is hoping to secure a move to West Ham this summer. The 28-year-old England international featured 36 times last season as Burnley avoided relegation again. (Football Insider)

• We are linked, yes it is in the papers, with Correa of Lazio. IF true do you think we could offer them Anderson in part ex to sweeten the deal? I am not going to open a can of worms about whether people think Anderson is not a DM type of player after the last time I made such a comment. =)
  • What has Soucek got to do with it?

Same for Peter Ndlovu?

What's Ndlovu got to do with it? ;)
  • Joseph Anang has joined League 2 Stevenage on loan. Again, I can't help but feel that League 2 is too low for players we want to succeed in the PL, but hopefully it's a chance for him to play first-team football

Go well, young man.
  • Joseph Anang has joined League 2 Stevenage on loan. Again, I can't help but feel that League 2 is too low for players we want to succeed in the PL, but hopefully it's a chance for him to play first-team football

Go well, young man.

Just checked, and both Joe Hart and Dean Henderson played for League Two clubs or lower, so it’s not necessarily too low. If he makes the position his own it’s worth it.
  • Calcio Mercato now say that Aaron Ramsey will go to Everton instead of us while Gazzette Dello Sport reckon Juventus will want £21m for him

For £21m they're welcome to him!
  • I didn't fancy him anyway, and he doesn't come across as a Moyes type player either.
  • He seems like a very similar player to James and Gylfi so I’m not sure what he brings to Everton, rbh.
  • James will likely leave imo.
  • Soooo, breaking news on Twitter is that Lingard will be offered a new deal at Man Utd and is likely to stay having had assurances from OGS that he'll get a chance to prove himself.
  • Always likely. Not sure he wanted to permanently move this far south anyway.
  • I realize he'd want to stay and establish himself there again but I really can't see that happening
  • This has come from Ex, apparently, who said only last week that Lingard is keen on staying at West Ham 🤔

Just don't want this dragging on all summer. If Lingard is a Moyes priority and other deals are on hold until we know whether it's a goer, we could lose weeks just waiting for Man U or Lingard to make a decision.
  • get in Peirera from West Brom
  • edited June 2021
    I often look on oddschecker to get a bookmakers view of whats happening. Unlike journalists from the sports pages the bookmakers are risking money on their predictions, there are some interesting observations at this point.

Lingard 4/6 to be a West ham player after the summer window closes
    Tarkowski 1/3 to Leicester 12/1 West Ham They think its a done deal to Leicester
    Declan Rice 3-1 to Chelsea, 4/1 to Mau Utd. They think he is staying with us.
    Grielish 4/7 Man City, They think it's a done deal
    Kane 5/4 stays with Spurs, 6/4 City, 4/1 Man Utd, 6/1 Chelsea. They don't know.
    Tammy Abraham 11/4 Man Utd, 7/2 West Ham or Villa, 7 Leicester 14/1 Spurs.
    I think the 14/1 to Spurs could be a good bet if Kane is sold, and he could form part of the deal for Kane to Chelsea. There is no chance him ending up at Man Utd in my view.
    Jordan Sancho 1/5 Man Utd. They think its a done deal

Here's the Surprise one Oxlade- Chamberlain is 5-2 to be a West Ham player, this means they don't really think he is moving but if he does they think it's to us.

Here is the other surprise Sam Johnstone is 1/5 to be a west ham player. That means it's a done deal in their view.

Out of that lot the only ones worth a fiver in my view would be Kane to Chelsea at 6-1 and Abraham to Spurs at 14-1
  • Soooo, breaking news on Twitter is that Lingard will be offered a new deal at Man Utd and is likely to stay having had assurances from OGS that he'll get a chance to prove himself.

And yet this morning it's being reported that Man U have agreed a deal with Dortmund for Sancho. So assuming that goes through, Lingard would be in direct competition with at least Sancho, Fernandes, Greenwood and Rashford for an AM role (and that's also assuming Martial and James are off).

I know he's a confident lad, but does anyone else think he'll get many starts ahead of those four? I just wonder if it's all talk by Man U to force a bid from us.
  • said pretty much that, but the crucial thing is that Jesse should already see this coming. Hes already had that taste of it. Since Greenwood is only going to improve and Van der Beek cant get past Bruno, does he really think hes getting plenty of game time over them and Rashford (even without Sancho in the equation). He needs to face it and not take it personally plus come where hes adored AND will play all the time
This discussion has been closed.