Pre Season 2021

Comments

• Hamstew said:

We've brought on the tiniest player I've ever seen.

Shorter than Shaqiri???
  • Yes real short,However cant call him what we use to call shell i say smaller people back in the day =)
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Shorter than Shaqiri???
    Understandably there aren't too many pictures of Forson online, but this one gives some perspective of just how small he is compared to a regular-sized human in Craig Dawson. And he's in the foreground 😄

He looks quite strong though, and his (very) low centre of gravity will help in him certain situations.
  • Small and stocky, our Messi
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Shorter than Shaqiri???
    Understandably there aren't too many pictures of Forson online, but this one gives some perspective of just how small he is compared to a regular-sized human in Craig Dawson. And he's in the foreground 😄

He looks quite strong though, and his (very) low centre of gravity will help in him certain situations.
    Club website says that he's 5ft8....doesn't sound right
  • MrsGrey said:

Hamstew said:

Shorter than Shaqiri???

Club website says that he's 5ft8....doesn't sound right
    Nah, no way is he that. He looks 5'5" tops.

As an aside, when Antonio went off, our forward line was very short. Bowen, Benrahma, Lanzini and Holland; none of them even challenging six foot. I think whoever we get up front needs to have some height if we have any intention of crossing the ball.
  • edited July 2021

With subbuteo ball for scale
  • Joe Allen is 5'6" and Alexis Sanchez is half an inch taller.
  • He might not get much game time next season, he's got to throw a ring into a volcano...
  • Watching the game, Benrahma looked levels above anybody on the pitch which is amazing considering it’s his first run out. Bowen looked sharp & I saw Lanzini was deployed in that CM role for a period of the second half that he played a couple of times whilst Rice was out. Maybe a genuine option is to convert him to a CM.
  • I saw a compilation on Twitter of some of his goals over the 6 years and I really want that Lanzini back. He's scored so many good goals for us and he's just such an asset when he's on it. Hopefully that CM role can bring something out of him again.
  • Lukerz said:

Watching the game, Benrahma looked levels above anybody on the pitch which is amazing considering it’s his first run out. Bowen looked sharp & I saw Lanzini was deployed in that CM role for a period of the second half that he played a couple of times whilst Rice was out. Maybe a genuine option is to convert him to a CM.

Yeah, I think the management will consider CM covered. Rice and Soucek start, obvs, and I would imagine they'll look at Lanzini, Coventry and Noble as adequate cover.

No doubt those three can do well against a young Reading side, but whether they're good enough to fill in for SouDec in the PL is another question. Hopefully Coventry will play against Celtic and Brentford because he needs to be tested against better opposition.

Benrahma did look good. Again, we have to be mindful of the opposition, but hopefully he'll step it up again this season. Him, Pereira and Bowen behind a front man could be very exciting.
  • I expect us to sign a CB, CM & ST at the very least this summer so doubt we’ll be relying on Coventry & Lanzini often, but if he can play anywhere in the midfield 5 that’s handy.
  • Hoping to see more of Coventry & Alese against Celtic tomorrow, the two (imo) most likely to be part of the squad next season
  • Coventry and Alves need to start against Celtic and Brentford, IMO. Or at least get 45 minutes in each game. We're short at CM and CB and these two need to demonstrate whether they can fill in when the inevitable injuries kick in this season.
  • edited July 2021
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/july/23-july/celtic-match-be-streamed-free-season-ticket-holders-club-london

Very nice of them.

It's being broadcast by 'Premier Sports'. I think if you have Sky or Virgin Media (subscription) you might get it s part of your package, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will illuminate us shortly...
  • Fabianski
    Johnson - Alves - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Lanzini
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Is what I’d like to see tried tomorrow for an hour or so
  • Still have two other pre-season games after this, so would like to have a final look at the youth who could make the step up, mainly Coventry and Alese

Fab
    Johnson - Diop - Alese - Cresswell
    Noble - Coventry
    Bowen - Lanzini - Benrahma
    Antonio
  • edited July 2021
    Whoops wrong thread
  • Lukerz said:

Fabianski
    Johnson - Alves - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Lanzini
    Bowen - Fornals - Benrahma
    Antonio

Is what I’d like to see tried tomorrow for an hour or so

This, but Coventry for Noble.
  • MrsGrey said:

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/july/23-july/celtic-match-be-streamed-free-season-ticket-holders-club-london

Very nice of them.

It's being broadcast by 'Premier Sports'. I think if you have Sky or Virgin Media (subscription) you might get it s part of your package, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge than I will illuminate us shortly...

I have Sky Sports package but not HD and it says I need to upgrade to get Premier Sports 1 and 2 both HD for £10.99 / month. So I hope there might be a free stream somewhere.
  • U23s beat Southend 5-1 last night

Hat trick for New youth singing Nevers, plus a goal form Baptiste and Dju

Ekwah also played, so none will feature today
  • I am a season ticket holder but have not received any email with an access code for the Celtic game, so I emailed their link as suggested and got an automated response saying they hope to reply within one working day, but they are only open Monday to Friday.
  • That's dreadful!

Have you checked your spam folder and everything, in case it's gone there?

Otherwise maybe try the club twitter or FB pages to register a complaint? (if you are on either.)

Alternatively, look for a stream O.o
  • Yes, I checked my junk and spam folders before emailing them. A good idea, I will try their twitter and FB page and I also have Sky but I have never seen the premier sports channel, I will go and check.
  • West Ham United: Fabianski, Fredericks, Dawson, Ogbonna, Cresswell, Noble (c), Lanzini, Bowen, Fornals, Benrahma, Antonio
    Subs: Randolph (GK), Martin (GK), Diop, Alves, Johnson, Coventry, Oko-Flex, Forson, Holland
  • Noble starts, Coventry drops to the bench for the Celtic game.

9 subs named, two of which are 'keepers. No striker on the bench.

If Antonio's hamstrings go we could have an issue. Again.
  • The site I normally use has streams, so ....
  • Would like to see what Eduoard looks like

Think he was close to Leicester but they went for Daka, could be a good option, only a year left on his contract (I think)
  • Ogbonna injured already