Pre Season 2021

Comments

• Celtic score

Lanzini losing it, cracking finish though
  • Lukerz said:

Ogbonna injured already

Strange wasn't it. It looked like he stayed kneeling long after everyone else and I wondered then if he had an issue.
  • Should really be 2-1

Antonio and Bowen both had 1 vs 1 that their keepers saved
  • When was the last time Antonio scored from a 1v1? πŸ˜‚
  • IronHerb said:

When was the last time Antonio scored from a 1v1? πŸ˜‚

Not quite 1 vs 1, but just turned around CB and the GK to score

Proper CF play that
  • That was always going to happen. πŸ˜€
  • Antonio on fire
  • IronHerb said:

That was always going to happen. πŸ˜€

And now he's scores an actual 1 vs 1 for his 2nd
  • Ironherb - think Mikey took exception to your earlier comment βš½οΈβš½οΈβš’βš’πŸ˜‚
  • Make sure you report for duty on the match thread when the season kicks off!
  • Noble penno

3-1

Enjoying this
  • edited July 2021
    Can't believe Antonio and Benrahma debating which if them would take it :lol:
  • Really enjoy Lanzini at CM, something in him that reminds me (stylistically) of Luka Modric

Don't think him alongside Noble is a good idea (for a Prem game), leaves us a bit weak but if we want to rest one of Rice or Soucek think he can slot in alongside the other one

Wouldn't be shocked to see him play there a lot in Europe where we might the against weaker teams and need to break them down
  • defence looks all over the place. But we look like Leicester in their title winning season when countering.
  • Really enjoyed that....Good tempo, end to end

Defence doesn't look good but it's so open it's almost a given

Some really good play from us and Antonio is having his way

Cletic also only a week away from their first league game plus already competiting in Europe, good run out this
  • Randolph needs replacing
  • Celtic get a 2nd

Really poor from Randolph, easy enough a save
  • Lukerz said:

Randolph needs replacing

Well that seems the plan with Johnstone/Areola links (gotta assume Fab is going nowhere)
  • 4-2

Great counter, classy finish from Benrahma
  • Antonio going off for Johnson. Presumably that means Bowen upfront and either of the right backs on the wing?

This is why we need at least two forward players.
  • 5-2, Bowen
  • How did Benrahma not make it 6?
  • Not a bad outing this, considering we're missing Rice, Soucek, Coufal and Ogbonna.
  • And Yarmo πŸ˜‚
  • Antonio going off for Johnson. Presumably that means Bowen upfront and either of the right backs on the wing?

It's unlikely to be a switch we'd be making once our squad is back to normal though.
  • Is this Celtics best XI?
  • Don’t know but their season kicks off next Saturday.
  • MrsGrey said:

Antonio going off for Johnson. Presumably that means Bowen upfront and either of the right backs on the wing?

It's unlikely to be a switch we'd be making once our squad is back to normal though.
    I'm not so sure. If Bowen goes central (or is injured) who's playing RW with Yarmo reportedly on his way out?
  • edited July 2021
    Lanzini?

I was just really thinking that 1 new player would do, to replace Lingard?

Obvs if Yarmo leaves we'd want to replace him to, but not 2 in addition. If you see what I mean.