Pre Season 2021

Comments

• I will whisper Brother Sledge to every green jacket and cap i see.
  • Just do a crossed irons sign and see who reacts :-)
  • That should be most of them.
  • I think MrsG means react in a positive way. 😀
  • I think thorn was punning....
  • MrsGrey said:

Just do a crossed irons sign and see who reacts :-)

3 iron, 4 iron, 5 iron, etc. which one should he use?
  • MrsGrey said:

• It’s been announced we’re playing Atalanta in the Betway Cup as our final friendly
  • IronHerb said:

I'm at The Open on Saturday courtesy of a 2019 Christmas gift. Better late than never...🏌🏼‍♂️⛳️

take sun cream, its very deceptive out there, face neck, arms are burnt !

Still was very good day out. Never found you Brother Sledge i was doing crossed iron arms to a number of green marshalls on my way around the course.
  • Hamstew said:

MrsGrey said:

Saw good old Billy on the course around with his West Ham bag :P good player too by all accounts.
  • He's world ranked 25.
  • Baptiste shone again in the U23 game the other night

Don't wanna get too ahead of ourselves as youth players more often don't make the grade, but this kid really could be something special

On a bit of a sour note, Nathan Holland really struggled, shame but its pretty clear (to me) that it's just not going to happen

Think he should try join a Championship / League 1 side permanently, perhaps we could get some nominal fee and a sell on clause
  • edited July 2021

On a bit of a sour note, Nathan Holland really struggled, shame but its pretty clear (to me) that it's just not going to happen

Think he should try join a Championship / League 1 side permanently, perhaps we could get some nominal fee and a sell on clause

I must admit I don't follow the U23s very closely, but isn't he coming back from a long time out injured? Could that still be a factor?
  • Unfortunately he's been a 'prospect' for too long, along with Coventry and one or two others.
  • IronHerb said:

Unfortunately he's been a 'prospect' for too long, along with Coventry and one or two others.

I think Coventry has a bit more time to prove himself. He was in the ROI squd recently so I think has something about him. Big pre-season for him though.

Holland is 23 now and hasn't pushed on in his time with us. Plus he's had a fair few injuries so I don't see him having a future at the club beyond his current contract.
  • edited July 2021

I must admit I don't follow the U23s very closely, but isn't he coming back from a long time out injured? Could that still be a factor?

Holland had a ghastly time with injuries last season, only made 8 appearances for the U23s and the last time he had regular football was with Oxford Utd in the second half of 2019/20.

Baptiste shone again in the U23 game the other night

Don't wanna get too ahead of ourselves as youth players more often don't make the grade, but this kid really could be something special

Holland struggled so badly he only scored one goal...

According to the Athletic Holland seems to have impressed the coaching staff (behind a paywall but reported here)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/16/west-ham-coaches-see-big-change-in-23-year-old-during-pre-season/

Plus Jarod Bowen was impressed with his performance at Northampton
    You look at Nathan Holland in the first half and he was really bright and lively

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/July/10-July/JarrodBowenIfeltsharpoutthere

• I must admit I don't follow the U23s very closely, but isn't he coming back from a long time out injured? Could that still be a factor?

Holland had a ghastly time with injuries last season, only made 8 appearances for the U23s and the last time he had regular football was with Oxford Utd in the second half of 2019/20.

Baptiste shone again in the U23 game the other night

Holland struggled so badly he only scored one goal...

According to the Athletic Holland seems to have impressed the coaching staff (behind a paywall but reported here)

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2021/07/16/west-ham-coaches-see-big-change-in-23-year-old-during-pre-season/

Plus Jarod Bowen was impressed with his performance at Northampton
    You look at Nathan Holland in the first half and he was really bright and lively

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/July/10-July/JarrodBowenIfeltsharpoutthere
    He scored but he also lost the ball a lot and while I admit I only really had one eye on it he didn't impress me, and at 23 he isn't a prospect imo, think he was the oldest player on the pitch

Maybe I'm wrong, I also saw the Northampton game and again didn't think he did too much (not that he did much wrong)

I mean there is only a year between him and Bowen

He reminds me of Browne. He was hyped up through coaches etc. and had a good loan spell at Oxford but never looked close to breaking through, then was sold to Boro where a few fans felt like we made a huge error....but he's really struggled since and finds himself back in league 1 with Oxford

Holland needs a permanent move and a good 2 years where he can play week in week out

Think, Coventry is different, he's still only 21 and has been captain of the U23 for the last two years with an impressive (short) loan at Lincoln and as far am I'm aware has been relatively injury free
  • I've come to realise that pre-season is a difficult time for the people that run club's social media accounts. Nothing much is happening so we see videos being made to announce squad number changes and such.

Whilst I thought that was bad enough, I've just seen a video Tweeted by Spurs official account of Son coming through a revolving door and waving. That was it. So little is happening that a man entering a building is worthy of a Tweet. Amazing.
  • Here it is:

Disclaimer: This video contains a Spurs player. Those of a sensitive disposition please watch with caution.
  • Here it is:

Disclaimer: This video contains a Spurs player. Those of a sensitive disposition please watch with caution.

He looks ecstatic to be returning.
  • But look at the style and grace. See how he puts one foot in front of the other. Awesome!
  • Noble practcising for sitting on the bench all season
  • edited July 2021

But look at the style and grace. See how he puts one foot in front of the other. Awesome!

That's quite an achievement for a Spurs player, they do have a tendency to fall over a lot.
  • Is that Noble before he puts his make up on?
  • Reading friendly live on whufc.com tonight
  • Fabianski, Fornals and Benrahma back in training so I assume these three will feature.

Debut for the new kit too, I wonder?
  • edited July 2021

Here it is:

He looks ecstatic to be returning.
  • Lukerz said:

Reading friendly live on whufc.com tonight

Couldn't tell if it was free or paid for