Pre Season 2021

Comments

• I think the intention is that the lifting applies to travellers returning to this country. Discussions are ongoing with other countries as to whether they’re happy for the same rules to apply.
    It’s no different to allowing us to go to countries but they don’t let us in.
  • It is different.

The exemption is for people who have had 2 doses of particular vaccines. But not if they had them administered other than the NHS. What's the clinical justification for that?

There isn't one.

And talking about other countries - it's clearly not a question of quid pro quo, that argument doesn't hold water. English tourists have been able to come to Greece without routine quarantine AND without a vaccination certificate for months now .
  • The UK wants to recognise vaccinations from other countries as quickly as possible, Transport Secretary Grant Shapps tells the BBC

I can't reference this other than on the BBC News website.

So still maybe some hope.
  • Cheers, Herb. Sorry to drag the thread off topic.

COYI!!
  • Is anyone bothering with the PPV?
  • Dundee take the lead.
  • MrsGrey said:

Is anyone bothering with the PPV?

No chance
  • Interesting pre-season game against Dundee https://m.twitch.tv/fpstream1
  • Decent work out. Lads look sharp given they have been back just over a week.
  • Moyes out =)
  • Slow start but we actually played quite well in that first half. Knocked it around quite nicely and had a few chances. Bowen probably should have scored towards the end.
  • We appear to have 4 centre backs on in the second half; Dawson, Alves, Baptiste and Alese. Looks like Alese at left back.
  • It's basically a development squad side second half.
  • Worst thing about pre-season are the amount of OTT reactions on social media. One thing I cannot stand.

Remember last year when we lost 3-5 to Bournemouth.

You only have to go on Twitter now, click the West Ham official page & the tweet that says 2-0 & read the replies.
  • Do you mind if I don't?
  • Bowen's on another planet, looks like he's playing a PL game
  • Lukerz. I for one won't be looking at the Twitter comments, I think I have a pretty good idea what they will say.
  • It's the same every pre-season.

And the same arguments for why the result matters/doesn't matter are brought out every single time. And not one person has ever changed their point of view.

Just remember, the time you spend on that twitter thread is time you are never getting back :(
  • Baptiste I think
  • Even though the commentator keeps saying someone else scored.
  • These commentators are hilarious

"Surprising how long it's taken for West Ham to click"

Is it, really?
  • The OTT reactions are not just confined to pre-season. 😀
  • Pen to the Hammers
  • Bowen running rings round them
  • 2-2 Bowen pen
  • Bowen is actually tearing them apart