Pre Season 2021

Comments

• I hate reading such childish and rude comments on the link, one reason I only post on this site, we can be polite and childish :pleased:
  • Lukerz said:

Bowen's on another planet, looks like he's playing a PL game

Impressive with his ACL injury
  • Dundee at the end of their pre season, we are at the start, good workout and dominated much of the play, this shows the need for a second striker, back from 2-0.
  • edited July 2021
    I reckon they should rename Twitter, The Cesspit.
  • Aji Alese was wearing the number 2 today. That feels like an indication that Winston is long gone
  • Or are you Reiding to much into it

Wheyyyyyy
  • Two early to say.....
  • Pre-season number allocation is always a bit weird. I remember Coventry wearing No14 last summer but reverted to 54 for the PL season. I'd be surprised if an U23 was given a 'first XI' number; did Alese have a squad number last season?
  • Pre-season number allocation is always a bit weird. I remember Coventry wearing No14 last summer but reverted to 54 for the PL season. I'd be surprised if an U23 was given a 'first XI' number; did Alese have a squad number last season?

I don’t think he’ll keep 2 for the season, but I’ve not seen someone wear someone else’s number, as far as I can recall.
  • edited July 2021
    Well that was fun.

Got to Dens Park around 10:30am, was told there were no tickets on sale but I should try again closer to kick off to see if there were any returns. Went back around noon, was told there were definitely no tickets so I headed for the nearest pub which unsurprisingly had a load of Dundee fans and tried my luck.

Found a bloke who had a spare and gave him £20. Watched the game in very strict social distancing, sat very quietly with my gob firmly shut. Poor Bowen, the foul for the penalty was like something out of WWF, he was clutching his ribs before and after he took the penalty, suspect he will have one hell of a bruise there this morning

Got a cab to Dundee airport where we were told that we wouldn't be able to check-in as there was another flight leaving before us. Sure enough two large coaches rolled up outside and the team were ushered through departures. There was a bit of a hold up so Noble went to get a Diet Coke from the cafe, chatted with a Scottish couple for a bit about Moyes (he's staying up in Scotland with family for the weekend) and then headed off.

Sadly I'd forgotten to charge my phone before I left Edinburgh yesterday morning, my battery ran out and I couldn't get any photos.
  • Your a hero ASLEF =)
  • edited July 2021
    How can you travel away from home without a spare charging cable and a battery????

I can't imagine doing that.

I suspect you weren't a boy scout 😂
  • Its pre season Mrs Grey ,Give ASLEF a chance to get upto speed =)
  • I might have been rather distracted while in Edinburgh, I took the opportunity to meet up with a friend...
  • So 2 games on tonight 19.00 BST - Any chance of being able to watch live ?
  • So 2 games on tonight 19.00 BST - Any chance of being able to watch live ?

On the clubs Instagram post it said they will be streamed, but I don't know where.
  • New page new update

Brentford added. Slightly unusual to have a pre-season match against another PL team. Still, there'll be tickets...

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2021/July/12-July/WestHamUnitedtofaceBrentfordinpreseason
    MrsGrey said:

*Updated*

Summary of key dates:

9 July - Dundee (away)
    13 July - Northampton; Leyton Orient (two 1st team XIs)/Bubbles birthday
    21 July - Reading (Writing and 'rithmetic still to be scheduled)
    24 July - Celtic (away)
    31 July - Brentford (away)

14 August - PL season starts.

27 August - Europa Group stage draw/Alderz birthday

• PS. Happy Birthday to Bubbles
  • I'll be interested to see how many first team players make each game. With Fab, Coufal, Soucek, Rice and Benrahma still away (I think) and Masuaku presumably injured, we don't have that many available, do we?
  • I have just realised that Reid is with the NZ squad preparing for the Olympics, so obviously won't be back for quite some time as the Games start in 10 days. (Maybe....)
  • I'll be interested to see how many first team players make each game. With Fab, Coufal, Soucek, Rice and Benrahma still away

I think I'm right in saying the players have to have at least a fortnight's break.

So in theory, they could be back

Benrahma - why was he late back?

Coufal+Soucek - Monday 19th?

Fabianski could be back now but if he comes back next week that would be 3 weeks after his last match

Rice - beginning of August.

• I think Benrahma was playing for Algeria
  • The players returning from Internationals will be fitter than those who have been on the beach for 6 weeks so will get up to speed pretty quick imo.
  • I think Benrahma was playing for Algeria

Apparently so. Last match was 11 June, so I expect him back very soon.
  • Just got in after marshalling practice day at The Open so have missed first halves, think I shall relax in the bath with a beer instead - back at Royal St. Georges for 07.00 tomorrow
  • Well done Brother sledge. It's the unsung hero's, like yourself, that makes competions enjoyable and run smoothly
  • I'm at The Open on Saturday courtesy of a 2019 Christmas gift. Better late than never...🏌🏼‍♂️⛳️
  • im at the Open too on Friday for the Cut.

Also Ebbsfleet playing West Ham U23s on Saturday so will see if i can get myself down to that :)
  • I consider it a privilege and a responsibility , I'm really enjoying it . The golfers and spectators have generally been very friendly and relaxed so far but the serious stuff starts tomorrow . There are about 50 volunteers from Canterbury Golf Club responsible for marshalling the fantastic 4th Hole - over 20 at any one time, I shall be on duty from midday to close on Thursday , Friday and Sunday. We will be rotating the various roles from tee to green with 3 ball spotting areas and 2 public crossings through the fairway.
    Herb and Yeold if you want to say hello, I shall be one of the thousand or so in green jacket and cap! ( unfortunately my nephew is getting married on Saturday and they are having the marquee in my garden/hay meadow so thought I should attend )