Couldn't think....part 4

Comments

• IP addresses can be easily masked if you use a VPN.
  • MrsGrey said:

IP addresses can be easily masked if you use a VPN.

Yeah, I know. But I did some work with Amazon a couple of years ago, and they were working with an English police force to monitor internet bans for sex offenders, so theres definitely something that could be done.
  • If the social media companies wanted to do something about online abuse, they could but imo they choose not to.
  • Simple solution, ban social media companies. The world went round before they came on the scene, totally not needed. Of course that's speaking as a 73 year-old and obviously only my opinion. =)
  • Simple solution, ban social media companies. The world went round before they came on the scene, totally not needed. Of course that's speaking as a 73 year-old and obviously only my opinion. =)

And an excellent suggestion too
  • Perhaps people should just back off from so much SM - seems to me that it's overwhelming achievement is to spread negativity.

Simple solution, ban social media companies. The world went round before they came on the scene, totally not needed. Of course that's speaking as a 73 year-old and obviously only my opinion. =)

https://unherd.com/2021/07/how-twitter-ruined-everything/?tl_inbound=1&tl_groups[0]=18743&tl_period_type=3&mc_cid=037766631d&mc_eid=735486601a

So it's not only me =)
  • Karl Baxter, who runs Wholesale Clearance UK in Poole, Dorset, ordered 10,000 #FreeBritney t shirts from Bangladesh hoping to cash in on the star's court case

It was only after they were delivered that he realised he'd ordered #FreeBrittany by mistake
  • So is he now encouraging a Breton uprising? 😬
  • Premier League player has been arrested for "child sex allegations".

It's a 31 year old who lives in Greater Manchester. There is one particularly strong rumour on social media, but the person is unnamed for legal reasons currently, so I don't think we should be posting the name on this site.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57899127
  • edited July 2021
    No idea why they are trying to hide the name, apparently its an Everton player.

Edited by moderator to remove the name for possible legal reasons
  • edited July 2021
    Arrested but not charged or even convicted so innocent until proven guilty

Judged guilty by social media which is never wrong...(sarcastic emoji)
  • The unnamed one's wife has said he hasn't been arrested.
  • So "helping the police with their enquiries". I've done that and no doubt others on here have too. Doesn't mean a thing
  • But he was arrested and released on bail. That's a little more than helping with enquiries isn't it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57899127
  • A little more, but he hasn't been charged with any offences yet.

Also, just to reiterate, can we not name names at this point, and also avoid libel. Thank you :-)

(Not directed at you specifically, Herb... just a general reminder!)
  • Ex Luton and Wimbledon player Mick Hartford having treatment for Prostate cancer. I liked him and I wish him all the very best. I kind of have the feeling there are a lot on here over 50years of age.
    I'm getting my soap box ( please forgive me) Guys, get yourselfs checked if you never have done. A PSA blood test for starters. More accurate is the 5 second embarrassment of a Dr's finger going where it shouldn't. It's no big deal. It's nothing compared to tests women go through yet men notoriously shy away and bury their heads in the sand.I had a check at only early 50's because my Dad died of it at a reasonably young age for the disease. Anyway, soapbox put away, apologies to the moderators if this was a tad random!
  • No need to to apologise Yoyo, we men neglect our health far too much.
    Because of my wife's urging (nagging =) ), I used to have my PSA checked regularly. Bottom line is I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.
    Fortunately it was found in time and a little over 7 years ago I was successfully treated for it.
    The important thing to remember is if it's found too late the prognosis is not very promising, so chaps get yourself checked when you reach that certain age.

• For MrsG

Fully-jabbed US and EU travellers to be allowed quarantine-free travel to England
    Ministers have decided that fully vaccinated travellers from the US and EU will be allowed to enter England without the need for quarantine, the BBC understands.

The Covid operations committee met this morning and full details of the decision will be released mid-afternoon.

So maybe an August visit is still possible?

👍
  • Cheers, herb. I've been keeping an eye on it... I'll wait to see the details. Rumours were that it would only apply if you were already registered with an NHS GP. ( Of course the NHS is a residential system so I'm not sure how many of us expats it will help. )
  • MrsGrey said:

Of course the NHS is a residential system so I'm not sure how many of us expats it will help.

I think that I will be OK though =)
  • Last Monday (19th) the US State Department put the UK on the Level 4 "Do not travel" list, it's probably worth checking what status other countries have given us.

Flying into the UK might be okay but flying back maybe not so easy
  • Last Monday (19th) the US State Department put the UK on the Level 4 "Do not travel" list, it's probably worth checking what status other countries have given us.

Greece'll let anybody in if they've got a few shekels to spend.
  • MrsGrey said:

Last Monday (19th) the US State Department put the UK on the Level 4 "Do not travel" list, it's probably worth checking what status other countries have given us.

I thought Greece used the euro ;)
  • edited July 2021
    MrsGrey said:

The last time I was in Greece it was Drachma

PAS Giannina.

Come on, you mighty bulls of Epirus!!!!
  • Money for an ex leper?
  • edited August 2021
    I’ve just noticed, we’ve been in Europe 3 of the last 6 seasons…
  • We're massive.
  • Lukerz said:

I’ve just noticed, we’ve been in Europe 3 of the last 6 seasons…

#GSBIn

Where's that 'hide behind the sofa' emoji gone?
This discussion has been closed.