Deadline Day - Don't go to bed

Comments

• 😂😂

Daniel Sturridge or Alexander Pato - can you imagine 😂

There’s one name missing from that list. I can’t quite remember, but perhaps Diamanti’s can help me out...
  • 😂😂

Daniel Sturridge or Alexander Pato - can you imagine 😂

There’s one name missing from that list. I can’t quite remember, but perhaps Diamanti’s can help me out...

• #bringbackSakho
  • If needed i am ready ,Picture it 1973 on a school football pitch somewhere in west sussex Our teams two Strikers for one reason or another did not turn up .So the star defender (yes me ) was pushed up top what happend next you might ask ,Well im glad you did I scored the two great goals that won the game ,When i say great one was a tap in the other i cant remember but it must have been something special ,What happend after that the defender who replaced me played a blinder ,The two Strikers came back and i never got back into that stupid team ,my point is here i am ready to fill in for Antonio =)
  • I read somewhere that lingard never played for moyes at United, help me out someone?
  • Moyes pretty much sent him out on
    loan for the whole season
  • So he knows a lot about him to trust him then in his 9 month there
  • edited February 2021
    Cuz1 said:

I read somewhere that lingard never played for moyes at United, help me out someone?

Only in the pre-season stuff. He was 21(ish) at the time. (Edit - Lingard, not Moyes!!)

Managers sign players who haven't played under them all the time. It's normal. Do we say 'doesn't know anything about the player' in those circumstances?
  • Out of interest whatever happened to that forward who was pushing the 1st team last season or the season b4? X. Silva?? or something like this, remember he was ill/injured?
  • edited February 2021
    Not that I'm a huge fan, but I actually think Lingard could do well for us. A good replacement for Snodgrass, anyway.

I guess him, Benrahma and Bowen buzzing around up front would cause some problems if when Antonio is out injured.
  • No I was making the point moyes said he trusted him and lingard said he’d played under him was just working out how you could trust someone who you hardly picked, I’m not against lingard just imo not our requirement and money could have been used in other positions
  • I’m still struggling to see what was making any Arnie deal so non-viable but lingard’s arrangement do-able. Would there have been a lot in it? A lot of stories saying Moyes would have loved him back. Whilst divisive, he would have given our hopes of sustaining our good start a real shot in the arm.

But, as OCS alludes, perhaps this was Sully’s fear - qualifying for Europe would place him under more pressure to back the manager with player recruits in the summer?
  • Out of interest whatever happened to that forward who was pushing the 1st team last season or the season b4? X. Silva?? or something like this, remember he was ill/injured?

He's in Greece on loan. Not exactly tearing it up, apparently, so I expect he'll be another one out of the door in the summer.
  • I am not that sure I would prefer Haller over other plan B's should Antonio get injured. I agree it would have been good to have a striker in case Antonio gets hamstrung again but I could see a reason for taking the offer Ajax made regardless.

I simply ask myself if Haller would produce more goals than Lingard, Yamalenko, Bowen or Soucek were he played in 6 matches between now and the end of the season, and I am not sure he would. He was so pedestrian at times he was almost a hindrance. I wouldn't be surprised if Moyes uses Lingard up front in light of his words regard his versatility last week.
  • #bringbackSakho

If you're not saying #BringSakhBack or #BringBackhoSakho then are you even a journalist?
  • alderz said:

#bringbackSakho

If you're not saying #BringSakhBack or #BringBackhoSakho then are you even a journalist?
    Some jobs are for subs
  • OCS...Thanks for the info...Not what I wnated to hear, but thanks!
  • edited February 2021
    Whilst he was with us, I so wanted ajeti to score a winning goal against Brighton so I could have posted

Albian 1 Albion 0
  • Is it that big a deal to some that we will play Yarma & Lingard instead of King or some other loan signing? Personally happy with both of them to see out the season if Antonio doesn’t make it. I can’t remember any moment in the last 30 years or more that we had two top international players waiting for a chance.
  • I like Moyes quotes today, but he has very clearly stated it was his call to not sign anybody.

So he falls on his sword by that decision, if it goes wrong. Equally, if he is spot on & we have a good second half of the season & everybody stays fit, full marks to him.
  • You mean resign?
  • IronHerb said:

You mean resign?

No
  • Now I have calmed down a bit I would add that the team that makes all the signings that look good on paper doesn’t necessarily prevail

I mean look at our delightful west London neighbours for example after their summer spree

And after Spurs’ start, in which they also signed the caddie, I was genuinely terrified that they might win the league this year.
  • Lukerz said:

I like Moyes quotes today, but he has very clearly stated it was his call to not sign anybody.

So he falls on his sword by that decision, if it goes wrong. Equally, if he is spot on & we have a good second half of the season & everybody stays fit, full marks to him.

Equally, he's made such a big deal about signing the 'right player' that whoever does join will be under some pressure to perform, and Moyes’s judgement will be very much under scrutiny.
  • Remember when he was Everton manager and they were always talked about as being a striker away from the top four, and they signed loads over the years and none of them really did it, except maybe Yakubu? And his best striker was probably Cahill who was converted from midfield?
  • Striker is the most difficult position to fill imo, one reason being that every team is looking out for a good one.
  • finish above spuds and gooners job done, top London club for brucies bonus
  • alderz said:

Remember when he was Everton manager and they were always talked about as being a striker away from the top four, and they signed loads over the years and none of them really did it, except maybe Yakubu? And his best striker was probably Cahill who was converted from midfield?

His striker signings are poor maybe he needs a Sullivan shoe in to take the pressure off 😂😂
  • Would David Moyes be saying this about choosing not to sign a striker if he had to deal with the majority of 60,000 supporters at the London Stadium venting their dismay at his decision? I believe not. 😡