Deadline Day - Don't go to bed

Nothing to see here 😭😭😭

Comments

• I hope we get a striker but don't buy a player for the sake of it that we end up saddled with that never plays and eats up wages . I think Moyes might wait until the summer if he can't get what he wants
  • Moyes has said we're done and he's happy with his squad. Ex has said pretty much the same, but with the caveat that we may get someone if an 'interesting offer comes up'. Such is my lack of expectation, I'm not even going to bother to have the Sky Sports ticker running in the background or change my avi to Rav in a yellow tie. I may even do some work today.

We can always revisit this thread when Antonio's hamstrings burst on Wednesday and we have Yarmolenko plodding around up front for three months as we soar into mid-table mediocrity. Or when Rice or Soucek finally collapse in an exhausted heap and Noble doggedly oversees our midfield getting regularly overrun by younger, faster men with trendy hair.

Happy Transfer Deadline Day everyone.
  • Ex has said pretty much the same, but with the caveat that we may get someone if an 'interesting offer comes up'.

I mention this because it really irked me. If, as I suspect, it's true, it's a real indictment of how Sullivan runs this club. Rather than proactively find players that may actually fit, he'd rather let agents offer random players on the hope that there's a deal to be done.

Still think this is why we got Benrahma over King in the last window.
  • edited February 2021
    You see, even if I believe ex, there's an alternative interpretation than the one you've put on it.

'if an interesting offer comes up' doesn't necessarily mean we haven't been actively looking, or that we hadn't got a priority list of targets that we've been pursuing. It could mean we have done both of these things but not been successful, so now we're done. But if something unexpected turns up, and it looks good, we'll explore it.

See how much better you feel when you put a positive spin on things?! =) =) Don't be irked. Life's too short.

• I'd rather have Benrahma over King any day.
  • I’d rather have both. Benrahma did arrive in the last window, but at the same time both Grady and Anderson left.
  • Moot point anyway, as it looks like he is joining Southampton with Shane long going the other way.
  • MrsGrey said:

You see, even if I believe ex, there's an alternative interpretation than the one you've put on it.

'if an interesting offer comes up' doesn't necessarily mean we haven't been actively looking, or that we hadn't got a priority list of targets that we've been pursuing. It could mean we have done both of these things but not been successful, so now we're done. But if something unexpected turns up, and it looks good, we'll explore it.

See how much better you feel when you put a positive spin on things?! =) =) Don't be irked. Life's too short.

Sullivan's too short

• Moot point anyway, as it looks like he is joining Southampton with Shane long going the other way.

Impossible. They have Danny Ings, so they've already got their quota of senior strikers in the squad.
  • I read something the other day which said that Moyes had been offered quite a few striker suggestions/options but none have fitted his mould/requirement

On the one hand this is good and indicates the final say is resting with him

On the other hand, why is it this way round? You would have thought a scouting department (which we don’t have) would be preparing lists of targets for their owners to then attempt to execute.
  • I am pretty sure there will be a player or two coming in today. It’s all been incredibly downplayed by Moyes, because that’s what he does, but there is definitely likely to be a signing or two.
  • edited February 2021
    Apparently King's agent would prefer that he comes to us rather than Southampton and has 'invited us to make an offer'.

Could this be what Ex was referring to? 🤔
  • Lukerz said:

I am pretty sure there will be a player or two coming in today. It’s all been incredibly downplayed by Moyes, because that’s what he does, but there is definitely likely to be a signing or two.

Big call.

Hope you're right.
  • Baracks, a list of targets to attempt to execute. Are you still talking football here.
  • It's 10am and nobody has posted a picture of Rav in the yellow tie. I don't know why I bother with football anymore.
  • We’ll end up with King. 100%. It’s all part of the negotiation.
  • Is anyone taking screenshots of Lukerz big calls?
  • Winston Reid 🔜 Brentford ⏰ (loan)
  • alderz said:

It's 10am and nobody has posted a picture of Rav in the yellow tie. I don't know why I bother with football anymore.

Because sharing is caring.
  • SSN have gone green for Transfer Deadline Day. Will Jim White change the colour of his tie? 😀
  • edited February 2021
    Jim White says West Ham will not be bringing in a striker today. Moyes is happy with what he has.

Well that is complete rubbish. There is no way Moyes is happy with a squad of 20 with no official striker. He talks about his ambition and how he wants to be challenging at the top, well you don't do that with converted wingers as forwards and no strikers.

I'll still be amazed if we bring nobody in.
  • SSN have gone green for Transfer Deadline Day. Will Jim White change the colour of his tie? 😀

• Lukerz said:

Jim White says West Ham will not be bringing in a striker today. Moyes is happy with what he has.

Well that is complete rubbish. There is no way Moyes is happy with a squad of 20 with no official striker. He talks about his ambition and how he wants to be challenging at the top, well you don't do that with converted wingers as forwards and no strikers.

I'll still be amazed if we bring nobody in.

We know Sullivan has White's ear. And stating it's because Moyes is happy with what he's got is keeping the blame well away from the chairman's door.

Prepare to be amazed Lukerz.
  • I'd be happy with King. Not my first choice but I think we're desperate and hes fairly decent.
  • Moyes has said that he wants a striker earlier in the window, so we know he isnt fully happy with the squad
  • I hope Winston plays a lot of games and plays really well so he can come back and play for us again
  • alderz said:

Moyes has said that he wants a striker earlier in the window, so we know he isnt fully happy with the squad

Yeah, I'd be amazed if he sanctioned Haller's sale if he didn't believe he was getting a replacement.
  • So, since the season began (since October 2020), we have let go Jack Wilshere, Robert Snodgrass, Seb Haller & Winston Reid from our squad.

We have signed Jesse Lingard.
  • We have signed Benrahma also - how could you forget 😂😂