The January Transfer Window

Comments

• SKY - WEST HAM TO SIGN IBSEN IN £1.2M DEAL

West Ham are set to sign Silkeborg IF defender Frederik Alves Ibsen for £1.2m.

The fee was agreed on October 10 and Sky Sports News understands the Denmark U21 international was in London last month to finalise personal terms.

The clubs are waiting on a UK work and residence permit for the 21 year old before he makes his official transfer in January.

Ibsen is primarily a centre back, but can also be used at right back.
  • We need pace in the forward line and in defence. Haller does not have it. Antonio is injured too often and will lose that pace in another 2-3 seasons. Balbuena, Ogbonna, Cresswell and Coufal are not fast and as Rashford (WHU v MANU game) showed can be taken to the cleaners.

Joshua King has been linked with West Ham but has not played for a long time and won't be match-fit for some time. He is a good player but does not have that killer burst of pace. I think we need to sign someone else.
  • edited December 2020
    I think Diop might need to come back in, at least against faster attackers, until we can sign someone better
  • West Ham are among a host of clubs from England and Portugal keeping an eye on former Tottenham player Marcus Edwards, the 22-year-old English winger currently with Portuguese top-flight outfit Vitoria Guimaraes. (Team Talk)
  • linked with Eriksen , yes please, would help the midfield out and give us depth
  • What.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • steve said:

What.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOO! Not one of the best attacking midfielders in the last ten years of the premier league! Why would we want to improve our first XI with a bargain signing?!?!

(I’m doing a joke, I think Eriksen would be a brilliant signing)
  • Eriksen is quality but I doubt he'll be a "bargain signing", he's only one year into a 4-and-a-half year contract and he's on hefty wages.

Maybe Inter would consider a part-ex on Anderson...
  • Eriksen is quality but I doubt he'll be a "bargain signing", he's only one year into a 4-and-a-half year contract and he's on hefty wages.

Maybe Inter would consider a part-ex on Anderson...

I read the other day that he would be available for less than £25m, which is a bargain price for a player of his ability. (Probably untrue though)
  • I haven’t followed him at Inter but I feel he’s been off for quite a while now. The Eriksen they had most of the time at Spurs would be great through
  • I haven’t followed him at Inter but I feel he’s been off for quite a while now. The Eriksen they had most of the time at Spurs would be great through

Yeah, his performances tailed off before he left Spurs, although not sure how much that was to do with wanting away.
  • alderz said:

I read the other day that he would be available for less than £25m, which is a bargain price for a player of his ability. (Probably untrue though)

Depends what his wages are though, if they're high that may explain the relatively low fee.
  • edited December 2020
    Out of 42 games Inter have played since Eriksen signed he's had just 15 starts but only lasted the full 90 minutes four times, two of those against a Bulgarian side in the Europa League with another 22 appearances off the bench

Eriksen just doesn't seem to fit into Conte's plans which begs the question why they bought him in the first place!

He left Spurs because they'd failed to match his ambitions, would we really want a player who would be looking for a move to a bigger club from day one?
  • Hulk on a free for the rest of the season?
  • Leicester and West Ham are on alert with reports Guinean midfielder Amadou Diawara, 23, could be sold by Roma. (Leicester Mercury)
  • If your a decent forward looking for a new club then West Ham look a great option right now
  • Roma midfielder Amadou Diawara, 23, will be available for £15m next month, with Leicester and West Ham joining Arsenal in showing interest in the Guinea international. (LaRoma42, via Sun)

Premier League sides Leeds and West Ham are among a number of clubs chasing MK Dons' 19-year-old defender Matthew Sorinola. (Teamtalk)
  • Diawara is such a good buy at 15m whoever snaps him up will be laughing.
  • Out of 42 games Inter have played since Eriksen signed he's had just 15 starts but only lasted the full 90 minutes four times, two of those against a Bulgarian side in the Europa League with another 22 appearances off the bench

Eriksen just doesn't seem to fit into Conte's plans which begs the question why they bought him in the first place!

He left Spurs because they'd failed to match his ambitions, would we really want a player who would be looking for a move to a bigger club from day one?

I would just love it if he signed for us, then scored the winner against the ambition less
  • West Ham can sign Lyon's Brazilian centre-half Marcelo, 33, for free next summer. (Sun)
  • Marcelo is a year older than Ogbonna, he'll be 34 in May and I don't think he offers us anything better than Diop or even Dawson
  • Weird contract clause that only West Ham can sign him
  • Well, he has always wanted to play for us.
  • West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, 21, wants to move to Chelsea in January. (Fabrizio Romano via football.london)
  • West Ham manager David Moyes is keen to bolster his squad in January but has warned supporters not to expect "big signings". (London Evening Standard)
  • West Ham manager David Moyes is keen to bolster his squad in January but has warned supporters not to expect "big signings". (London Evening Standard)

Does that mean we are going for smaller players like Benrahma ??? LOL

• Billy Gilmour on loan 👍🏻
  • Brian Flynn out of retirement?
  • Billy Gilmour on loan 👍🏻

Inkoom on a free
  • Inkooming 💥
This discussion has been closed.