The January Transfer Window

Comments

• Cuz1 said:

Which if I remember was less than offered elsewhere

Didn’t he take a pay cut to join us?
  • Yes he would
  • But what do i know =)
  • West Ham, Leicester City and several other Premier League clubs are interested in signing Burnley and England defender James Tarkowski, 29, in January. (Eurosport)
  • Daily Mail 📰

West Ham are interested in signing a new striker during the January transfer window with Chelsea's Olivier Giroud their primary target.
  • Do we really need another slow french striker upfront ? too similar to Haller can't see us going for him unless its a Sully signing lol
  • Watching the Arsenal vs Man City game, and remembered an article saying Zinchenko may be available relatively cheaply in January. I haven’t seen much of him. Would he be a good option at LWB?

Great player but a bit of a sicknote, was unavailable for 6 months out of the last three seasons.
  • Giroud is miles better than Haller, works a lot harder, better hold up play, better goalscorer, better in the air.

That said, I don’t think we’ll sign him. We’re linked with him every January. He’s the new Gudjohnsen
  • Don't want him, as good as he is. Moyes is trying to get away from buying ageing stars and looking for younger and hungry types.
  • Yes then picks noble 😂
  • Not for me the way he along with payet mugged us off could of understood more if was for a team challenging for honours but for cash forget it
  • edited December 2020
    It's interesting though. A 6 month loan with option to buy where he would be introduced in empty stadiums and should he show his previous form he could win back some of the fans. If he doesn't hit the heights then the option wouldn't be taken up.
    I'd go for it, at the right price, as he is better than we have and already knows the system and the league.
  • IronHerb still a big no for me I’m afraid once spurned never forgotten
  • I would definitely consider it.

Through this season I have often wondered how we would look as a team if he was playing, especially since Antonio’s absence

The guy works his socks off and genuinely makes things happen.

Given funds are likely to be scarce and we have a definite problem with Haller, if the deal was right I would definitely do it. I would have Arnie over someone like Josh King every day of the week.
  • 32 in April. Any idea how well he's done in China? I wonder what his fitness level is like?. He was great when he wanted to be but not sure I'd want him back... unless a real steal
  • I loved watching Arnie at his best. But his best didn't last very long.
  • If we signed him on loan and didn’t sign someone else because of that, that could cost us
  • Hi best was under Moyes.

He fell away under Pelle’s way of playing. Pelle is now gone and Moyes has a preferred system which is tailor made for Arnie to come to the fore again.

And in soucek, Coufal and Bowen, he’d have better team mates around him too
  • edited December 2020
    No to Arnie's return. He would sulk and those who he annoyed won't forgive him. He is a ageing has been and won't add anything to the squad.
  • I have yet to hear of any other player mentioned who would solve or even partially solve the problem that is Haller.
  • Me barracks and I’m 57
  • edited December 2020

I have yet to hear of any other player mentioned who would solve or even partially solve the problem that is Haller.

I mean...

• edited December 2020
    Don’t go there, Diamanti’s....
  • No to Arnie,Dont think players would welcome him back ,And he is getting up there now ,Perhaps we should take a poll who wants him ,And who dont ,Then send the results to Moyes and let that decide it =)
This discussion has been closed.