The January Transfer Window

Comments

• But when do we play Villareal? No use signing him on the off chance both teams get drawn against each other in next year's Champions League 😉
  • So would be a great signing for whenever we play Villareal
  • Perfect for the Betway cup
  • West Ham United's England midfielder Declan Rice, 21, says it is "an important thing to win trophies" amid speculation of a bid from Chelsea in January. (Metro)

Former England midfielder Jack Wilshere, 28, says it "would be a dream" to rejoin Arsenal after being released by West Ham. (Sun)
  • On the subject of winning trophies there are several rumours going around that Harry Kane has told Spurs if they don't win a trophy soon he'll be off with Manchester City said to be very interested.

Shame Arsenal aren't dong better as that would be comedy gold.
  • I mean, the way this season is going it’s kind of now or never for Spurs, you’d think. So many teams have erratic form, so many teams can’t defend. They can do both sides of the game, and have basically the best front two (forget Bale until he does something remotely useful for them) in the league at the moment. I reckon if that’s really what Kane is thinking then he’ll be off next summer unless they win something this year.
  • Tbf the way its set up, this is going to be their biggest chance of winning the title

City aren't the force they were
    Liverpool have a (somewhat overexaggerated) injury crisis
    Chelsea imo are on a bit of a purple patch

I think Kane has elevated his game this year....but he'll be 28 next year and cost over £100mil (reports suggest upwards of £150mil) so its a big risk for any team as he will only lose his value from now

Personally, even if they don't win the title (which i don't think they will) he will remain at Spurs at least for another year but more likely to the end of his career

• Personally, even if they don't win the title (which i don't think they will) he will remain at Spurs at least for another year but more likely to the end of his career

Can't see Levy refusing a bid of £150m in the summer (or even £100m) if Spurs fail to win the league.

• I think Kane has elevated his game this year....but he'll be 28 next year and cost over £100mil (reports suggest upwards of £150mil) so its a big risk for any team as he will only lose his value from now

Personally, even if they don't win the title (which i don't think they will) he will remain at Spurs at least for another year but more likely to the end of his career

This is precisely why Kane is rumoured to want a move, the clock is ticking and if he wants to win the League, Cups, Europe then he's not going to do that at Spurs

• I think Kane has elevated his game this year....but he'll be 28 next year and cost over £100mil (reports suggest upwards of £150mil) so its a big risk for any team as he will only lose his value from now

This is precisely why Kane is rumoured to want a move, the clock is ticking and if he wants to win the League, Cups, Europe then he's not going to do that at Spurs
    Let’s hope he leaves then because the spuds winning the premier league is not an option, I’d rather stick rotten needles in my eyes, but with my luck if someone brought me a box of after 8’s I’d die at ten two

• Personally, even if they don't win the title (which i don't think they will) he will remain at Spurs at least for another year but more likely to the end of his career

Can't see Levy refusing a bid of £150m in the summer (or even £100m) if Spurs fail to win the league.
    Sorry should've been more clear

I'm not saying Spurs wouldn't accept a 150mil move.... I'm saying that I can't see any team spending that kind of money with COVID still affecting revenues and his age

The only teams that could afford him are Real, PSG and United. City could, but if you actually look at their signings they've pulled out of a lot of mega mega transfers, the £100mil type transfers

Real are probably going to go for Mbappe, who will only have a year left of his contract....United imo are further away from a title than Spurs, plus they could likely only afford 1 of Kane or Sancho and Sancho appears the more likely.....so that leaves PSG who would be interested should they lose Mbappe, but also throw in Ronaldo who may be available and rumours suggest one of Salah or Mane may be off...then again it looks unlikely

As I said, I struggle to see how any club will match what Tottenham will ask for
  • I don't think he is the game changing player that the prices suggested would need you to be. He is undoubtedly a top finisher but doesn't have the speed or mobility to be 100-150m at the age of 28. Those types for me are Henry or Suarez and he is in the category under them. His price should be around 70-80m and i doubt Levy would accept that.
  • That’s insanely low for someone with his record. If he stays in England he’ll be the record PL goalscorer, and he’ll probably be England’s top scorer too. I think he’s an incredible player, personally.
  • Problem with Kane is he needs the whole team to play around him. I wouldn’t pay more than 55m personally
  • You wouldn't get him then.
  • Forget Spuds, IMO Kane is world class, he can drop deep and spray the ball , hold up play and shoot with very little backlift. There aren't many better than him anywhere and I'm glad he's English
  • edited November 2020
    Kane isn't leaving spurs unless someone fronts up 100m odd for him. Its not happening.

Kane is in an unlucky position that no club is going to drop 100m big on him and Spurs is as good as it will get for him. He's already a Spurs Hero and England Captain. A trophy is the icing on the cake. But of the clubs who can realistically afford his price tag none are going to pay the sum required.

If Kane wanted to move he had a big chance to do so when Pochettino left imo.
  • Problem with Kane is he needs the whole team to play around him. I wouldn’t pay more than 55m personally

I'll have some of what you're having

In his 6 seasons he's has before this one he's got 140 goals despite injuries each season...and now looks like he's elevated his game to a higher level....and he's only 27 (Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Aguero, Benzema, Zlatan, Aubameyang, Vardy and most of the worlds best are into their 30s)

Right now, I'd say only Lewandowski and Cristiano Ronaldo are better #9 than Kane

He's a world class talent, and todays market he would easily cost over £100mil
  • I think this season Kane proved he doesn't need the team to be moulded around him at all. He can be a traditional number 9 or facilitate the others. It irritates me because I've had a running agenda against him for ages but he's good.
  • The Os never miss an opportunity to remind us locals that they had Kane on loan and that he wasn't that good.

Ignoring he's a Spud he is currently the best English centre forward, I'd argue he's as good if not better than Shearer but he's never going to reach world levels with Spurs
  • I would play Antonio over him all day every day in International tournaments

Yet more evidence that Southgate was a better hire than you’d have been.

Interesting perspective. Care to explain?

ibl, that would kill him, he has a problem playing 90minutes in consecutive games. =)
  • edited November 2020
    MrsGrey said:

I would play Antonio over him all day every day in International tournaments

Antonio plays 3 roles at once and is always involved. He also takes the ball into the final third consistently. In a winner takes all to their next round game, I would want that contribution over Kanes. Although impressive in the Tottenham set-up, he can be a passenger for England. The game he didn’t play was an example (in the last break where we looked much more dynamic without him).
  • MrsGrey said:

I would play Antonio over him all day every day in International tournaments

Antonio plays 3 roles at once and is always involved. He also takes the ball into the final third consistently. In a winner takes all to their next round game, I would want that contribution over Kanes. Although impressive in the Tottenham set-up, he can be a passenger for England. The game he didn’t play was an example (in the last break where we looked much more dynamic without him).
    The game against Wales reserves?
  • Think it was Ireland
  • West Ham have put contract renewals on hold until the new year to prevent any distractions from their impressive run of form. Mark Noble and Michail Antonio are just two of a number of players out of contract at the end of this season (London Evening Standard)
  • Leeds United are expected to head a queue of clubs looking to sign Liverpool and Belgium forward Divock Origi, 25, in 2021. (Football Insider)

Thinking of strikers in the Antonio mould, I think Origi is pretty similar, tbf.
This discussion has been closed.