The January Transfer Window

Comments

• And wow he’s aged a lot recently 🤭🤭

That’s what playing for West Ham does for you 👴🏻
  • Chelsea will make another bid for West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice in January. The Blues will sell two senior players to fund a move for the 28-year-old. (Football Insider)

When was the first bid?
    Sorry, I never believe these things until they become “breaking news” on SSN! 😂😂
  • Didn't Chelsea say in the summer that they needed to sell players in order to make a bid for Rice? I doubt if they'll have any better luck in January unless they really drop the asking prices.
  • Their earlier report of this said that the two clubs and Rice had already discussed the transfer but latest versions have dropped this bit

That’s what playing for West Ham does for you 👴🏻
    Supporting them does us no favours either👨🏻‍🦳
  • I feel we will offer a new contract and if he signs then that's it finished, should he refuse he will be sold but not until next summer at the earliest and really could afford to hold on to him another season.
  • Chelsea are aiming to sell a number of players to fund a £67m move for West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice, 21. (Express)
  • Just in "Newspapers recycle story about Declan Rice on slow news day" :-)
  • I would expect us to want more
  • I'd expect us to want more too, but I also don't trust us not to buckle and accept less.

I can see the owners asking for £80m, and then accepting £67m (or whatever it ends up being) when it becomes apparent they won't pay it. I think our record sale is £27m for Payet, so anything above £30m becomes an undisclosed "record sale", and if that did get to £60m it's an undisclosed fee that "more than doubled our record sale". If it were £67m we might also be able to say that it's one of the 20 most expensive sales of all time (depending on the Euro at the time), and definitely the 8th most expensive transfer to a British club ever.

I am really hoping that it's paper talk, because I can't see the owners turning down that sort of offer if it comes.
  • Just in "Newspapers recycle story about Declan Rice on slow news day" :-)

Rule of thumb, don't waste your time listening to any transfers rumours with papers starting with Daily

Mail, Express, Mirror, Star...all of them are useless and make senseless claims with zero sources
  • WHU, so I best read the newspapers with "The" in their titles. =)
  • WHU, so I best read the newspapers with "The" in their titles. =)

Yea!!

Or don't read newspapers for "transfer rumours".......
  • WEST HAM WANT REAL FORWARD

West Ham are interested in signing Real Madrid forward Mariano in January, according to Spanish outlet Defensa Central.

The 27-year-old has played only 27 times for the club in La Liga since joining from Lyon in 2018.
  • WEST HAM WANT REAL FORWARD

Story of the last decade.
  • HAMMERS BACKED OFF FROM JOVIC CHASE

West Ham baulked at the pay packet of Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic enough to put them off a move for the Serbian striker this summer, according to Spanish outlet Defensa Central.

Jovic, who joined the La Liga side from Eintracht Frankfurt in 2019, has scored only two goals for the club so far.
  • Chelsea want to sign Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham, and will consider a bid for the 17-year-old instead of West Ham's England midfieldermidfielder Declan Rice, 21. (Eurosport)
  • edited November 2020
    Daily Mail have linked us with 23yo German LB Kai Wagner currently playing for MLS side Philadelphia Union. Fulham are also supposedly interested

Talksport reckon we're looking at Chelsea LB Emerson Palmieri although more likely he'll be going back to Italy with Napoli, Inter, Juventus and his previous club Roma all mentioned

According to Spanish outlet "Sport" West Ham and Leeds are after CF Martin Braithwaite who Barcelona are looking to sell so they can bring in Lyon's Memphis Depay
  • Emerson is an out and out wing back, and I would be happy if we did sign someone like him. I still feel we have a serious lack of depth at LWB.

A LWB and another striker option would be perfect, IMO.
  • PREM DUO IN FOR SPORTING WINGER

West Ham and Southampton are both in the frame to bring Sporting CP winger Jovane Cabral to the Premier League, reports Portuguese newspaper A Bola.

The paper states 22-year-old Cabral, a Cape Verde international, has a release clause of €40m (£35.7m).
  • PREM DUO IN FOR SPORTING WINGER

West Ham and Southampton are both in the frame to bring Sporting CP winger Jovane Cabral to the Premier League, reports Portuguese newspaper A Bola.

The paper states 22-year-old Cabral, a Cape Verde international, has a release clause of €40m (£35.7m).

I’ll take that with a pinch of piri piri then 🙀
  • Well, we do need a winger or two ......................... don't we ?
  • Sporting CP. Wasn't the club we tried to sign William Carvalho from and the Directors had a bit of a falling out? 😂
  • IronHerb said:

Sporting CP. Wasn't the club we tried to sign William Carvalho from and the Directors had a bit of a falling out? 😂

It was

Portuguese news outlet Record reckons Anderson will be coming back in January if Porto sign Hulk who is leaving Shanghai SIPG on a free at the end of next month.
  • Never known a club love a winger as we do at present.
  • alderz said:

A LWB and another striker option would be perfect, IMO.

I think that Anderson really ought to be able to cover LWB to a pretty decent standard.
  • Anderson seems to be struggling to play to a pretty decent standard as a winger, I doubt he'd be any better playing out of position
  • You have to wonder what's happened to him that he's regressed so much from what he showed he is capable of. He seems to have reversed the old saying "form is temporary, class is permanent".
    He's playing in what you might consider to be an easier environment at Porto so it can't be the so-called West Ham effect.
    From what I've read, he seems to be more comfortable playing as an attacking/central midfielder, maybe he's just not suited to be a winger.
  • Anderson seems to be struggling to play to a pretty decent standard as a winger, I doubt he'd be any better playing out of position

No such thing as out of position anymore. Only most effective position for the team
This discussion has been closed.