The January Transfer Window

Comments

• Let's hope not.
  • edited October 2020
    Remember Gedson Fernanades? I remember earlier this year there was a certain amount of fury (including no doubt from me) when we lost out to Spurs for him? Apparently rumour has it they are about to send him back to benfica early. Meanwhile, in that window, we managed to get Soucek..
  • Boy , did we do well there?!
  • I mean we got such a great looking player and dodged a bullet
  • I’d rather like to think that Spurs only took up an interest once they realised we were keen. And then we ended up with a gem and they ended up with a dud.
  • It was rumoured any deal for us would have been loan with an obligation to buy at over £30m

Gulp

Can you imagine the state that would have put us in once COVID set in? Reckon we’d have had no choice but to sell deccers just to meet the repayments
  • edited October 2020
    This says it all

https://greenstreethammers.com/2020/07/21/soucek-west-ham-important-transfer/

COYI

ps. looks who's staring open-mouthed at Soucek. =)
  • Burnley and England defender James Tarkowski, 27, was not close to signing for West Ham United during the summer, according to Clarets manager Sean Dyche. (Talksport)
  • And that was a surprise because lol , probably a ploy to unsettle the player to see if he was up for the move but he imo whatever the price was going to a bigger club than us
  • Maybe the bid of one pound, nine and eleven pence three farthing plus some smarties as add ons didn't quite go far enough.
  • The smarties would have been the deal clincher for me
  • Only the orange ones though
  • Only the orange ones though

I thought it was just me who had a view on those...
  • Chelsea are still intent on signing West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 21, in the January transfer window, although the Hammers are prepared to give the England international a new contract which would double his £60,000-a-week wages. (Star on Sunday)
  • edited October 2020

Chelsea are still intent on signing West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, 21, in the January transfer window, although the Hammers are prepared to give the England international a new contract which would double his £60,000-a-week wages. (Star on Sunday)

Another slow news day then

Chelsea intent on signing Declan Rice two years after his retirement O.o
  • Surprises me that people (including Sky Sports and BBC transfer columns) even bother with the Daily Mail, Sun, Daily Star or the Mirror

Their articles are just nonsense and have no sources

Basically they just put sooo many articles out that eventually 1 of them is right
  • Bit like Nostradamus 😂😂
  • I still think revisiting getting in Josh King or a striker to play the Antonio role is a must.
  • West Ham are close to agreeing a deal for Danish centre back Frederik Alves Ibsen, 20, to join from Silkeborg in January. (Mail)
  • Cruz Azul's Mexican winger Orbelin Pineda, 24, has been tracked by Arsenal, Tottenham, Wolves, Everton, Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham. (90min) 🍹
  • Sign Demba ba up 35 and scored against Man Utd tonight
  • Completely fooled Maguire (ok, maybe that's not so hard) with a dummy to help with the second as well.
  • Is he only 35?
  • Apparently according to Wikipedia
  • Adds up, think he was around 26 with us, less than a decade ago. Feels like an age has passed since those days.
  • CHELSEA TO MAKE MOVE FOR RICE?

Chelsea will 'try again' for West Ham midfielder Declan Rice in January, according to The Sun.

The Blues were heavily linked with the England international in the summer but no move materialised. However, they could reignite this interest in the upcoming window. 💤
  • The sun...

... ain't gonna shine anymore. The moon ain't gonna rise in the sky.
  • OCS, couldn't help myself, but this a classic =)

• West Ham United are set to make a £30m offer for Lyon's France forward Moussa Dembele if the Ligue 1 club decide to sell the 24-year-old. (Sun)
This discussion has been closed.