The January Transfer Window

Comments

• MOYES ON JANUARY TRANSFERS

David Moyes is keen to bolster his West Ham squad in January but has warned supporters not to expect the club to splash the cash.

Asked if he wanted to be active in the market next month, Moyes said: "Yes. Will I be able to or will we be able to get what we want? I'm not sure.

"I'll be saying the same thing as I said this time last year. If we can and we think there is something available the owner would try and do it, but obviously like everybody else we're in a difficult situation financially. We won't be daft.

"I want to keep pushing, I want to keep trying to improve but I have to say we will be linked with every man and their dog. The truth is we won't be signing every man and their dog, we'll only be signing players who I think are right for the club. Players who are hungry and fit what we need.

"I can only say we will try and improve if it is out there and we can do it, ones who can make an impact like we have got recently.

"We've just got to be fluid, ready to change with it. This time of year with the amount of games you have got you tend to pick up more injuries so what I might want now might be different come three weeks' time or before the end of the window.

"I would be surprised if we're out making big signings, I don't think that will be the case."
  • I wonder if Moyes has hit on something there =)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Di9JFUJsIIE
  • Manchester United could make a summer bid for West Ham's Declan Rice, although the 21-year-old England midfielder is thought to prefer Chelsea should he leave the Hammers. (Express)
  • I love Rice ,But really Chelsea or Man u .Is that the best he can come up with
  • I think if he sticks it out here for another couple of seasons, he could go where he likes. Any team in the PL and potentially the top clubs across Europe, too.
  • Jorderz, it is the same with any talented footballer we as a club need to be showing sufficient ambition to convince him to stay for another season or two allowing for Covid considerations financially.
  • Rice may decide if he wants to be become the next John Terry or Frank Lampard for Chelsea or the next Bobby Moore or Billy Bonds for us. He has the ability to follow in the footsteps of any of them in my view.
  • Imo he's Chelsea bound and to him no one else comes close
  • I'd rather him go almost anywhere except Chelsea.

Chelsea or Villa. Hate Villa.
  • I also hate Villa =)
  • Antonio contract extended to 2023

Yeah, just seen this. 3 years for a player that generally misses a third of the season through injury feels like a bit of a risk.

Still, a very important player if he can stay fit for longer periods.
  • edited December 2020

I'd rather him go almost anywhere except Chelsea.

Chelsea over Manchester United every day of every week otherwise he could turn into another Rio who has forgotten where he came from & is so into the red half of Manchester it is embarrassing.

• Whenever I’ve seen Rio talk about West Ham, it’s with a lot of pride and affection.
  • Yeah I've got literally no issue with Rio
  • Personally I'll be very surprised if Rice goes anywhere other than Chelsea in the summer.
  • thats the problem though if he has being courted by Chelsea that much they will low ball so many offers.
  • When I see him celebrating West Ham goals they way he does when Man U score I will apologise. Anton said in a documentary on tv that he is West Ham fan whilst Rio is a United supporter. It’s probably down to him liking them I have a problem with.

Yeah, just seen this. 3 years for a player that generally misses a third of the season through injury feels like a bit of a risk.

Still, a very important player if he can stay fit for longer periods.
    2 year deal to 2023.
  • Had until the end of January to take up the option so fair play.
  • Sky sports saying big Sam looking at Andy Carroll and James Tomkins for West Brom
  • edited December 2020
    #finalthirdentries
  • Lukerz said:

#finalthirdentries

I really must’ve put this away in some dark corner of my brain because I can’t believe I’d forgotten about it until now
  • Cuz1 said:

Sky sports saying big Sam looking at Andy Carroll and James Tomkins for West Brom

Next he will trying to talk Nolan out of retirement to be his captain.
  • edited December 2020
    Wonder what George McCartney and Matty Taylor are up to these days...
  • Horses for courses Nolan actually imo best signing in a long time I believe he United us and probably wouldn’t have joined us if not for big Sam
  • I think the reported £50k a week in the Championship helped too.
  • Which if I remember was less than offered elsewhere
  • edited December 2020
    Watching the Arsenal vs Man City game, and remembered an article saying Zinchenko may be available relatively cheaply in January. I haven’t seen much of him. Would he be a good option at LWB?
This discussion has been closed.